Why the Orange Suited Man

Author Topic: Why the Orange Suited Man  (Read 2616 times)

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    Heroes don't get killed like that.
    • Email
Why the Orange Suited Man
« on: November 12, 2010, 10:06:09 PM »
My question is...why does David decide to follow the Orange Suit Man? In the scene before the train scene...he admits to Elijah he's never been hurt. That admission...along with Elijah's suggestion: to go where people are...suggests to me...David is ready to be a Hero...he's ready to confront evil...so why the Orange Suit Man?

standtall

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
Re: Why the Orange Suited Man
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 05:36:17 AM »
You answered your own question.

He's ready to confront evil. The Orange Man is evil.
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 04:14:56 AM »
He allowed people to touch him, and was open to their evil deeds. I suppose the evil deeds of the Orange Suit Man seemed more serious, as well as more urgent, since he was still engaged in his crime.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 10:08:46 AM »
Thats what I wondered...how did he know the Orange Suited Man was still in the middle of his evil act?

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 11:07:58 PM »
Thats what I wondered...how did he know the Orange Suited Man was still in the middle of his evil act?

Namaste is right. Orange Suited Man's deeds were far more serious and urgent than the others, so he had to make a decision and follow him. He did found out that the crime was pure work of evil.

The beautiful thing about this film is that David and the Orange Suited Man never looked each other in the eye.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 12:30:13 AM »
The beautiful thing about this film is that David and the Orange Suited Man never looked each other in the eye.

cool, I hadn't noticed that.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 08:41:02 PM »

cool, I hadn't noticed that.

Seen the film so many times and also read the script few times, I realized it about a week ago when I was thinking about the scene when "Elijah" is explaining the eyes of the evil and the hero in one of his sketches to his customer.

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 10:47:52 AM »
I will check out your 'eyes' point.