Signs -the dichotomy

Author Topic: Signs -the dichotomy  (Read 2935 times)

synchronicity

• Praying with Anger

Signs -the dichotomy
« on: May 28, 2009, 11:33:49 PM »
When I first saw Signs, it was in a movie theatre on opening night.

I was disappointed- stuck on logical inconsistencies, disturbed by the somber silences, and very, very upset by the unexpectedly gut-wrenching scenes.  I?d not been ready for the movie.

When it came out on DVD, I bought it.  I didn?t take it out of the cellophane for an entire month.  When I did, I sat down with grim determination to give it another chance- not something I would have ordinarily done.
I am pleased to say that the second viewing was far more enjoyable (as were all subsequent viewings, which have been legion).  As with all of his movies, I seem to notice new and fascinating layers of complexity.  Although The Village is my favorite of his movies, Signs is often in the DVD player at my home.

marco

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
Re: Signs -the dichotomy
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 08:46:51 AM »
That was pretty much the same for me,with the only difference that it has slowly become my favourite movie.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 02:59:37 PM »
I watched SIGNS more than 20 times may be. Everytime I watch this movie with Bose system in my home, I get this feeling that I am standing in the corn field. Sound of insects, crickets. This is a awesome movie.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 02:47:58 PM »
I loved it the first time I saw it. It's my all time favorite movie and I can't ever see it being replaced.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 03:54:34 PM »
Signs was the first Shyamalan film I saw, and I loved it right from the beginning.  After I saw it I wanted to watch all of his other films and now am a die-hard Shyamalan fan.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Baconhawk

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 09:24:40 PM »
Signs was the first Shyamalan film I saw, and I loved it right from the beginning.  After I saw it I wanted to watch all of his other films and now am a die-hard Shyamalan fan.

This ^
Mr. Heap is a playa!

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 09:48:02 AM »
Unfortunately I never did see TLA in theaters, but I will watch it when it comes out on DVD.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village