M.Night presented DEVIL in Spain

Author Topic: M.Night presented DEVIL in Spain  (Read 1847 times)

ALF

• The Village

• Email
M.Night presented DEVIL in Spain
« on: January 31, 2011, 08:37:10 AM »
Hi there little family  ;)
I don't post since a long time, just because I was writing a script and working at another things and I couldn?t write. I know it?s not an excuse, bit I?m back and promise I?ll continue writing.

Last week M.Night came to Madrid to present Devil. Here the movie comes next Friday. He gave us the possibility of having an interview online, it was a nice experience. These are the main questions, I?ve chosen the best ones.

My question:
1. Is this one the way that you?re following as producer/director now?: directing blockbusters like Airbender and producing your own stories? We?ll see you again directing your own stories?
Yes, it?s been a rich experience for me. When you work as producer you don?t feel so alone. And yes, my next film will have a script that I?m writing right now.

2. Which is the most special movie that you have filmed until now?
If I had to chose, it would be Lady in the water

3. Which process do you follow to create stories? You begin from real facts or they are 100% your invention?
Normally there is a small detail that later, like a snow ball, brings more and more details. Then that becomes the story that I want to tell.

4. What are we going to see in this new film? What inspired you?
Basically it?s a sci fi movie. Alien is one of my favourites movies. I always wanted to make a film like that. I can?t tell more, but actually it?s a good friend?s story.

5. How would you describe that element which makes your films different? How do you handle that some people love them and others just hate them.
There are many reasons for that division of opinions. One could be that I?m ready to experiment with the tone and structure of a film. If you take an independent movie and show it to 100 million people, it?s hard that all of them will like it. My films are independent movies masked as blockbusters.

6. Are you thinking of filming the sixth sense 2?
No

7. How did you take the 2 razzies for Lady in the water?
I?m getting used to it. I win one each year

8. I congratulate you for reflecting about faith and religion in your movies. How important is for you the religion?
I?m not a very religious person, but I really think about the spirituality. Maybe these films are a way to find my own spirituality.

9. Which is your favourite film based on a small space?
Night of the living dead. And Birds, where the most of the action happens in a small space, a room in a house. And I consider amazing the script for Buried.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:39:59 AM by ALF »
Dame Nature moves in Strange Ways

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
Re: M.Night presented DEVIL in Spain
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 01:45:46 PM »
This is great! Thank you!
Quote from: ALF
1. Is this one the way that you?re following as producer/director now?: directing blockbusters like Airbender and producing your own stories? We?ll see you again directing your own stories?
Yes, it?s been a rich experience for me. When you work as producer you don?t feel so alone. And yes, my next film will have a script that I?m writing right now.
Quote from: ALF
4. What are we going to see in this new film? What inspired you?
Basically it?s a sci fi movie. Alien is one of my favourites movies. I always wanted to make a film like that. I can?t tell more, but actually it?s a good friend?s story.

Is M. Night writing One Thousand A.E.? Is he just using the story? Is he rewriting some parts of the script? What is it?

Rohan, get to the bottom of this! :)
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:55:47 PM »
Erik,

No, Gary Whitta (Book of Eli) wrote the script and Shyamalan is directing it. He has nothing to do with any writing. He is currently working with Jaden smith on the script.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:03:32 AM »
Alright, so he is doing a small rewrite of Gary Whitta's script?
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 08:59:32 PM »
Alright, so he is doing a small rewrite of Gary Whitta's script?

I don't think so. All I know he is currently in the revision process with J.Smith.