Razzies

Author Topic: Razzies  (Read 4089 times)

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
Razzies
« on: February 27, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »
M. Night's The Last Airbender won 5 razzies...

-----------------------------------------------
WORST PICTURE
The Last Airbender

WORST ACTOR
Ashton Kutcher / Killers & Valentine's Day

WORST ACTRESS
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Cynthia Nixon, Kristin Davis / Sex And the City 2

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Jessica Alba / The Killer Inside Me, Little Fockers, Machete and Valentine?s Day

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Jackson Rathbone / Twilight Saga: Eclipse & The Last Airbender

WORST EYE-GOUGING MIS-USE Of 3-D
The Last Airbender

WORST SCREEN COUPLE / WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE
The Entire Cast of Sex And the City 2

WORST DIRECTOR
M. Night Shyamalan / The Last Airbender

WORST SCREENPLAY
The Last Airbender

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL
Sex & The City 2.
-----------------------------------------------

Oh well... ;)
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

Re: Razzies
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:17:57 PM »
we all saw it coming.

oh well...

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 11:21:48 PM »
well i certainly agree with the worst use of 3D for airbender. I didnt see a lot of 3d, but airbender was the worst.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 08:16:57 AM »
Hi there,
this time I agree with the chosen for the Razzies. Normally I think these persons decide just to destroy a movie and find the way to put the movie in all their nominations. And I think that it's harder to find the worst movie of the year as the best one, cause there are many more bad films than good ones.

They don't really chose the worst movies, actors and directors, I think they want to punish some filmmakers and actors, just to remind them that they're loosing the good way, just to put them back on the right side. Something like "hey, have you seen what a terrible movie you have done? You, responsible of such great films like Signs or Unbreakable, now you forget your spirit and sell your soul to the industry creating this?"

Maybe some actors, directors and producers realize that the movies are not only a way to make money after receiving a Razzie award, maybe M.Night Shyamlan won't lose his time -and ours- anymore.

Dame Nature moves in Strange Ways

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 10:23:41 PM »
Good post ALF, estoy de acuerdo con la mayoria
I would be happy to see Shyamalan give up on TLAB and start making movies more his style (The Village [El Bosque]). But if he doesn't...I'll just keep watching his old ones, heh
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 11:21:04 PM »
I don't think M. Night sold out, I just think he really forgot how to tell a compelling story.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »
He will be back.  ;)

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 05:45:59 AM »
Good post ALF, estoy de acuerdo con la mayoria
I would be happy to see Shyamalan give up on TLAB and start making movies more his style (The Village [El Bosque]). But if he doesn't...I'll just keep watching his old ones, heh

Thanks Namaste, good spanish  ;)

I'm sure he'll be back, some persons need to past through a dark tunnerl to find some answers, but the light at the end is nearer. I haven't lost my faith onm this director, although I don't like Airbender and that movie was the reason for my long absence on this site. With Devil I recover part of that faith.

It could be that first Shyamalan's movies are part of a stage where he wanted to experiment with some stories that where always flying in his mind, and maybe now he's on a new stage and what we'll see won't be ever like thar first stage. But we can't lose our hope.

Dame Nature moves in Strange Ways

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 11:31:06 AM »
Yeah, he had his whole life to plan out those first ones. Now, maybe he ran out of those kinds of ideas. Or he's not taking the time to work them out.