Something funny about Signs 10 years later....

Author Topic: Something funny about Signs 10 years later....  (Read 3344 times)

HanLennon

Something funny about Signs 10 years later....
« on: April 27, 2011, 05:14:50 PM »
The way we use short hand in speech and the written word made me realize that our communication is slowly morphing into that of the aliens in Signs.

I mean, really. Think about how we shorten everything these days ROFLMAO

In 100 years, I'm sure we will click, clack, buzz, and grunt our way through common conversations.

Maybe those aliens had it right all along. Just meant this to be an amusing anecdote. I expanded on this theory here...
http://www.kurtedwardlarson.com/are-we-morphing-into-the-aliens-from-signs/#more-251

But really, just wanted to share with some Signs fans.

I love the film. Hope M. Night gets back in a rhythm with his next few films.

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: Something funny about Signs 10 years later....
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:15:56 PM »
Interesting. I love language, especially English. You would probably be interested in reading A History of Romance. That book changed how I look at language and the evolution of English in particular all the way up from Greek and Latin, through French and from German.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »
Interesting! Never thought of this whole language and signs thing.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 02:29:26 PM »
Hehehe, I'd made the comment to my parents that I already speak like the aliens to them and my siblings. We stopped using names to get each other's attention years ago in favor of the absurd number of weird sounds I inadvertently discovered I could make. I got their attention better with them anyway (being the youngest in the family you kind of get interrupted constantly to the point you just stop speaking :P).
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 11:51:37 PM »
Nice!
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 12:56:53 AM »
I know, I should be a sound effects arist
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.