Need to get into film school.

Author Topic: Need to get into film school.  (Read 1171 times)

TheLastEatlon

• Praying with Anger

• Email
Need to get into film school.
« on: February 05, 2012, 02:44:59 AM »
I am 16 and need to get into film school. I know some say that you dont need it but not going to college is not an option. I want to go to full sail university but i need some other good film schools. Ive looked online researching this stuff till my eyes bleed and it just gets confusing. i need to know of other good film schools in my reach. Here is my situation: I live in Georgia, not to bad of living but i will still need loans and scholarships to make it possible, I am an okay student (math is not so good but still passing) SAT and GPA are unknown. so their it is. i need other options and i have looked in to evergreen in Washington state along with NYU but i just dont know. if anyone can provide info or web links it would be appreciated.

sharpshooterr

• Praying with Anger

Re: Need to get into film school.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 09:27:56 AM »
Savannah College of Art and Design. They have campuses in Savannah and Atlanta and are a very well-known film school. Good luck.

villager

• The Sixth Sense

• My youtube channel
Re: Need to get into film school.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 10:28:02 PM »
I'm not familiar with that area but I am familiar with college education.  First, I would suggest you try to apply for some federal grants (like http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/) in Georgia that could be take down the insane price of admissions.

Any school that offers broadcasting or film studies would be a good find but check around and find out who has the best classes for what you want to study. Some classes (example: Video Porduction) are only offered during a specific semester (winter, spring, fall). Finding a good advisor (at your college) will help make this clear.

I have also found (now being a graduate) the there is a lot of online resources that can be very useful to continue your education.
Well do have him come forward.