The Value Of Unbreakable

Author Topic: The Value Of Unbreakable  (Read 5344 times)

Sycron

• Unbreakable

The Value Of Unbreakable
« on: December 08, 2004, 09:57:46 PM »
 Does anyone else prefer Unbreakable to the other three films? Personally, I view the film as my favourite, even though I'm fairly sure this isn't the majority opinion among fans. It's just something special about the movie. It really does feel like a real superhero story, with just a small flair of imagination around the edges. I also happen to believe that it is the best "comic book" film ever made, which is especially interesting considering that it wasn't a comic to begin with.
a href='http://www.google.com' target='_blank'>Google!

Specter

• Administrator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• NarniaFans
The Value Of Unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 12:27:40 AM »
 I really like it.  It's not my favorite of his films, but I really enjoy it on the whole.  The soundtrack is killer too!  James Newton Howard immediately became a name that I looked for when it came to music.  And after this movie, I realized how great a filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan was.

Sycron

• Unbreakable

The Value Of Unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 07:05:47 PM »
 Ah, the score, you definitely can't forget that. The entire thing is just rivetting, and powerful. I especially like "The Orange Man", as titled on the soundtrack.
a href='http://www.google.com' target='_blank'>Google!

Specter

• Administrator

• NarniaFans
The Value Of Unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 11:41:48 PM »
 Me too, that's one of the best superhero themes I've ever heard.

Dr Joe

• Praying with Anger

The Value Of Unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 03:40:38 PM »
 i love unbreakable because it is about a guy finding his place in the world.  so are the other movies but i think this one does a particularly good job of showing at first a man who doesn't really know where her fits in then at the end of the movie he finally knows what he is supposed to be doing with his life.  and i also like the bond that is formed with him and his son throughout the movie and especially at the end when joseph discovered that his father is a superhero and it is their own little secret.  
very man dies, not every man really lives.

"Free people will set the course of history."
- George W. Bush

afi_village

• LITW

The Value Of Unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 05:36:19 AM »
QUOTE (Sycron @ Dec 9 2004, 12:57 PM)
I also happen to believe that it is the best "comic book" film ever made, which is especially interesting considering that it wasn't a comic to begin with. [/quote]
 oh my god, you pulled the words right out of my mouth!  i was seriously thinking that this morning!  wait, maybe that's because i already read this and forgot about it.  

anyway, i love this film so much, i watched it a couple of days ago, whilst forcing it onto a friend.  i totally cried at the end when david showed his son the newspaper!  i was shocked cause i never had before!  my friend liked it, which was good, cause forcing films onto people usually doesn't end well!

i was reading all the sequal stuff on here.  it's pretty wow.  i think i read somewhere that the sequals were going to be called 'breakable' and 'broken'.  but that can't be right can it?  were there ever actually any sequals written?  i thought it was just that when m nihgt was writing it, it started as a movie in three sections, but he turned the first third into a whole movie cause he didn't really like the rest.  so why would the sequals have names?  

i think that the site where i read it have no idea what they're talking about. so, sorry i went so off topic!  i've just been thinking about it all day!
that's just a bit sad, isn't it?

pkk

OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
The Value Of Unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 01:50:17 PM »
QUOTE (Specter @ Dec 9 2004, 11:41 PM)
Me too, that's one of the best superhero themes I've ever heard. [/quote]
 I definitely agree.That sound is EPIC.I also like the music at the station,the first time that David begins to feel his powers,touching people.The final is great,too:I mean the moment when Elijah reveals himself to David.
The more you watch his films,the more you like them:it's incredible.
"Welcome to The Cove"

gonch

• Unbreakable

The Value Of Unbreakable
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 05:21:06 PM »
 I loved Unbreakable. It's just the most emotional, realistic super hero story ever.
Yeah, he has powers... but he doesn't really go around swinging in his webs, or throwing cars at the bad guys.

The whole story has... so much of a human side to it.

"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
Re: The Value Of Unbreakable
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 11:26:38 AM »
I really like this movie, but it's not my favorite, in fact, I might have said that I have a fasvorite M. Night movie but I don't.  I watch his movies depending on what mood I'm in.  If I want a scary movie I watch Signs and The Sixth Sense, if I'm in the mood to really think, I watch The Village and Unbreakable, if I want just something nice to watch I'll watch Lady in the Water.  I do this because all of his films suck me in to them every time I watch them in different ways.  M. Night has too much talent and geneous and his movies have a way of making you look at them differently every time you see them.  So I don't think I have a favorite M. Night movie. 

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
Re: The Value Of Unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 12:54:24 PM »
Definately one of my favorite superhero films, amazing quality, I also think it might be his best story.  As to the value of Unbreakable, I think it holds a lot of value, how we should treat people, the first thing that comes to mind is that David Dunn doesn't even know he has a superpower, but he still tries to do the right thing.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village