Soundtracks

Author Topic: Soundtracks  (Read 6584 times)

Dr Joe

• Praying with Anger

Soundtracks
« on: December 13, 2004, 03:34:21 PM »
 i just have to say that i think that james newton howard is a fantastic composer.  i have only seen the four major M. Night movies but the soundtracks for those are sweet. my favorite is the soundtrack for unbreakable but i also like signs because it is what you think of when you here a movie about aliens.  
very man dies, not every man really lives.

"Free people will set the course of history."
- George W. Bush

Specter

• Administrator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• NarniaFans
Soundtracks
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 03:51:34 PM »
 He also did the music for Peter Pan and is working along side Hans Zimmer for Batman Begins.

He's very versatile and his music has layers of themes that play off of one another in very interesting ways.

Sycron

• Unbreakable

Soundtracks
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 05:23:49 PM »
 The Batman Beings trailer looks amazing, and the fact that Hans Zimmer is working with James Newton Howard is just fantastic. I mean, these are two hollywood legends.
a href='http://www.google.com' target='_blank'>Google!

Azi

• LITW

Soundtracks
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 08:46:19 PM »
 What I love about Howard is that he can take the same general idea of the music and use it in different situations. Look at the three-note score from Signs. The fast-paced, scary tone from the start of the film to the same slow-paced notes that provide depth to the human element. Howard is a genius composer.
It's like War of the Worlds
-Merrill, Signs

afi_village

• LITW

Soundtracks
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 01:28:45 AM »
 james newton howard also did the music for some of the new disney animated movies (atlantis/treasure planet).  my family's really into disney and i loved the atalntis soundtrack before i even realised who did it.  there's this one track that's like wow...

he really has the ability to make you go wow to his music

i really want to buy the unbreakable soundtrack but i'll have to order it in from america.  is it worth it?

pkk

OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

MNightFan430

• The Village

Soundtracks
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 08:18:33 PM »
 The "Signs" soundtrack is my favorite!  I listen to it all the time!
See...tell him to see...  Tell Merrill to swing away.

MasikaRain

• Praying with Anger

Soundtracks
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 03:44:03 PM »
 'Unbreakable' is a good, intense soundtrack, my sister has it.  I would have to choose 'the Village' as my all time favorite soundtrack, right under Hans Zimmer's 'Power of One.'  The themes from 'the Village' are simply beautiful.  I love the 'Signs' soundtrack too, but I don't think I could ever listen to the 'Sixth Sense' soundtrack, especially at night.   :o  
errill: They should be playing furry furry rabbit or tea party or something.
Graham: What's furry furry rabbit?
Merrill: It's a game, isn't it?

fredriksam

• Wide Awake

Soundtracks
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 11:08:40 AM »
 The score to lady in the water is just amazing. James Newton Howard is one of my favourite composers. I LOVE the track "The Great Eatlon" Infact i,m actually listening to it right now. Its so perfect in everything.

Unbreakable, The Sixth sense and The Village, is also really great scores. I have these too. Unbreakable is a CD-R copy, but the rest is original (bought)

Dal

• Wide Awake

Soundtracks
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 05:51:53 AM »
 hi

i really like james newton howard's soundtracks  my personal favorite being the signs soundtrack. others that i also enjoy include unbreakable, Batman begins and king kong. cant wait to hear the the Lady in the water soundtrack, should be good.  :D  

MNightFan430

• The Village

Soundtracks
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 05:43:04 PM »
 I love the "Lady in the Water" soundtrack!  The Party track is my personal favorite!
See...tell him to see...  Tell Merrill to swing away.

Soundtracks
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 08:45:45 PM »
I really like JNH's music as well. Batman Begins is a great score, and Hidalgo's is very nice as well, though I don't own the soundtrack.

I sincerely hope he continues to do Shyamalan's films!

M. Night Girl

• Wide Awake

Re: Soundtracks
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 08:15:02 PM »
Yeah...James Newton Howard is a great composer. Love his music. :)

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 06:44:21 PM »
JNH is the best composer in Hollywood, incredibly intense, emotional scores.  Just superb, the different layers to his movie scores are truly amazing.

I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.
Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 06:12:30 PM »
The man is a firggn' genius!!!  It wouldnt surprise me if he was the most wanted compser around!!!  He does so many films a year, I dont know how he does it!?!?!?!?  Its just baffling!!!  "Besides" M. Nights films his most recent are just as amazing, Blood Diamond and Michael Clayton!!!  Holy Cow!!!!  If you havnt heard those, well... you just have to!
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 11:58:09 AM »
Yea, I know, it's just that I love so many different soundtracks, trying to collect them all is hard.  Those are two that I need to get though.