The Book: Reviews

Author Topic: The Book: Reviews  (Read 10073 times)

Sycron

• Unbreakable

« on: December 28, 2004, 12:08:02 AM »
 Well, I'm currently in the process of finishing up the book, so I'll post my own review in a bit, but has anyone else read it? It's a very interesting premise, to say slightly more than the least. Lots of religious issues and questions, chock full of actual meaning. I'm very interested in seeing what Night does with it.
a href='http://www.google.com' target='_blank'>Google!

night-fan

• Signs

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 08:36:07 PM »
 I am in the middle of reading it at the moment as well.
NIGHT-FAN

Sakamoto

• Unbreakable

• http://www.matrixfans.net
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 10:34:10 PM »
 I had to read it for school, so immediate I had a negative attitude toward it. The entire first part, even though it was necessary later on, was boring as hell and formed most of my opinion of the book. Whenever people read it who aren't really big fans of reading, I suggest that they skip the entire first part and save themselves the trouble. Anyway, it was an interesting story, nothing too great, but I didn't mind it once I finished it. The end.... really something to make you think, but I don't want to say anything about it. But I'll certainly check out the movie when it's out.

Sycron

• Unbreakable

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 10:30:51 PM »
 We're actually having an on-going discussion about the book right now in one of my classes. Ironically, I've been caught up doing other things so I haven't been able to finish the book off yet, but I hope to do so very soon.
a href='http://www.google.com' target='_blank'>Google!

night-fan

• Signs

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 02:21:43 PM »
 That book rocks. i have about 20 pages left to read.
NIGHT-FAN

Azi

• LITW

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 09:50:41 PM »
 The book is perfect, at least for me. Its major focus is religion, so that caught my attention from the start. Then the pure terror eminating from Pi as he is trapped with Richard Parker adds the human element. The simple ending then tops it off.

>Azi
It's like War of the Worlds
-Merrill, Signs

Sakamoto

• Unbreakable

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 06:20:44 AM »
 Simple ending?!?!?

Azi

• LITW

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 12:19:49 PM »
 Yes, where he lands on the mainland and talks to the police. Not the island wiht the meerkats (sp?). THat was the climax.

>Azi

-Merrill, Signs

Sakamoto

• Unbreakable

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 12:30:18 PM »
 ... I never claimed the island was the ending. It lacks the main part of an ending, the fact that it's AT THE END. The arrival on land may be simple, but  it's the story he tell's the police that's the real ending, and it's certainly not simple.

Azi

• LITW

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 03:47:17 PM »
 Hey, calm down. I noticed that. What I mean is that it didn't end with an explosion, mainly. If it ends with an explosion, then it is not a simple ending, ever. Maybe I should have said "composed" ending. In that it was calm and composed. Not written by a composer. As to not misread my explanation again. Not written by a composer.

>Azi
-Merrill, Signs

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

Re: The Book: Reviews
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »
this book had the greatest ending ever.

along with the kite runner.

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 02:13:27 AM »
the most favourite part of the book is when Pi said that he just want to love God in any possible ways,that is why he have all the religions he knew.Guess what?i'd cried when i read that part.for all this time i've always look for God's love,never across my mind to love Him??? always asking for His love not to give Him back.I'd never thought it could be that way. ???
pardon my english :)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 01:37:57 PM »
I guess I'm going to have to read the book, since it seems to be so popular.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 09:31:54 AM »
Go on Read it.Its a great book :)
pardon my english :)

mamasan

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 12:15:30 AM »
This is a really wonderful book, and I loved it, too. It's very unusual and out of the mainstream, which is one of the reasons I liked it. One thing I didn't understand about the book, though, is that it begins with one man telling another: "I'm going to tell you a story that will make you believe in God," and I didn't feel that the book had anything to do with God at all. I still don't get it. Granted, the story told in the book is compelling and unique, but how and why did it make the man in the book believe in God? That seemed like a rather extreme statement to me, and I still don't get it.  :-\