The Village Dvd

Author Topic: The Village Dvd  (Read 3402 times)

ma-a_salama

• Praying with Anger

The Village Dvd
« on: January 06, 2005, 11:19:30 PM »
 Just wondering, but is anyone going to buy the village dvd/vhs? I'm going to go get it monday when it comes out so i can see what goodies he put on there this time. I always love seeing his clips from videos he did as a child and the bonus features always are very detailed...i love it!
I'd feel that fear = Life after death~
      .....rearrange the letters.....

Sycron

• Unbreakable

The Village Dvd
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 11:27:39 PM »
 I'll buy it for sure, but I'll probably wait untill it shows up in the 'Used' section where I can get it for half the price. It's really not that long of a wait, month or two usually.
a href='http://www.google.com' target='_blank'>Google!

Specter

• Administrator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• NarniaFans
The Village Dvd
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 12:17:52 AM »
 I'm stoked to get this.  I'll probably have it on Monday as well, as buy.com usually ships things early so that you can get it on time, at least by Wednesday or Thursday, but usually they come Monday or Tuesday.

night-fan

• Signs

The Village Dvd
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 07:20:41 PM »
 I am sooo happy!! :lol:
my mother got me The Village on DVD. She almost got me The Buried Secret on accident. I need to go watch the village now.
NIGHT-FAN

ma-a_salama

• Praying with Anger

The Village Dvd
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 11:54:38 PM »
 I just got the village dvd tuesday (correction to the monday i put on an earlier post). i got The Village Dvd today!!!! YAY!!!! I'm so happy. I watched all of the special features. It was so strange seeing M. Night. He looked different...older, more mature, less....less, excited. Normally he always talks a lot and has lots of bonus features, but this one he didn't. Probably because when he was younger he was so excited about movies...maybe he has lost that a bit since now he has children and such. I was just kind of sad because that is what i liked most about him...his enthusiasm. I wished there were more footage behind the scenes too because it shows me some of the things that i'll likely be doing in the future and it is very interesting. I still love his mind though lol He always has a sub-layer to his movies...you have to look beyonds just its surface to find its core purpose. Thats why i love his mind. I only have one more dvd to get and i'll have all four of his movies. I've noticed that he has uses the same color for the dvd covers (The village, Signs, Sixth Sense)...a yellowish-brown hue. Strange...Anywho, i thought that the DVD was all around pretty good. What did you think?
I'd feel that fear = Life after death~
      .....rearrange the letters.....

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
The Village Dvd
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 04:42:51 PM »
 I was very dissapointed by The Village DVD. It didn't have NEAR as many features as Touchstone said it would have. The behind-the-scenes featurettes seem to be made for someone who hasn't seen the film yet and can't have the "secrets" spoiled for them. I wanted to know more about the story and the risks Night and everyone else took with it and the ideas behind the ambitious marketing campaign.

"That stuff has always been of interest to me."

Azi

• LITW

The Village Dvd
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 08:30:59 PM »
 Personally, I love his Indiana Jones tribute short-film thing; it was hilarious. Other than that, it has some of the worst special features i've seen on a DVD in a long time.

>Azi
It's like War of the Worlds
-Merrill, Signs

afi_village

• LITW

The Village Dvd
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 07:44:14 AM »
 i really would have liked to see more of an analysis of the story and the meaning/symbolism behind it.  maybe they didn't put that sort of stuff on it so that you could figure it out yourself and come up with your own opinions, but i'd like to hear what the people involved have to say about it.

i completly agree with sanford that it would have been interesting to see what they said about their marketing campaign.  i remember seeing marketing stuff on the signs dvd and that was just average advertising, unlike the village which was really risky.

i think any extra stuff on dvds is great, cause sometimes you don't get anything, but this was a letdown for a shyamalan film.

pkk

OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

nabus19

• Praying with Anger

The Village Dvd
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 11:21:07 PM »
 Agreed.  Unbreakable came in that great two disc set.  Plenty of interviews, featureettes, and deleted scenes to satisfy even this fans appetite.  But the Village had only as much as a poorly recieved action film.

So it goes.

Maybe he'll pull a Lucas and release a special 2 disc edition with the lady in the water trailer.