Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Pan's Labyrinth

Author Topic: Pan's Labyrinth  (Read 5248 times)

Mayhem

• Praying with Anger

Pan's Labyrinth
« on: September 18, 2006, 09:05:09 PM »
Has anyone seen this movie? Looks really Lady in the Waterish.

http://www.panslabyrinth.com/

Its supposed to be an adult fairytale, not for the squeamish.

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 02:26:20 AM »
First time heard that movie and its site :-)
Don't knew anything about it.

But LADY seems more cooler though.

-Rohan

Mayhem

• Praying with Anger

Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 01:23:07 PM »
Quote from: "Rohan"

Seems ... but you don't know yet.  :o

Oooooh.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 02:09:52 PM »
Quote from: "Mayhem"
Quote from: "Rohan"

Seems ... but you don't know yet.  :o

Oooooh.

Well, I have seen LADY IN THE WATER, it is cooler than that movie, no doubt. That movie has no some kind of recognition otherwise we would already knew about it.

LADY is classic no matter what. :-)

-Rohan

Mayhem

• Praying with Anger

Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 02:33:56 PM »
Well, it is just starting to come out, sans a parade and one man on a donkey. Since its in Spanish it might not get its due in lands dominated by Harry Potter and his clones. As for recognition, hey, it was made by the same man who brought you Hellboy, Blade 2, and (infinitely great) The Devil's Backbone.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 05:40:43 PM »
I like BLADE movies, then it must be good.
Well, I will have an eye for it on DVD.

-Rohan

afi_village

• LITW

Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 09:55:08 AM »
OH MY GOD!!!

i had no idea what i was getting myself into!  the marketing was completly focused on the 'fairytale'/fantasy aspect on the film which made me think that the majority of the film would be about that.

IT WAS THE MOST GRAPHIC MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN!

about 30 minutes was actually about the labyrinth and the rest was WAR DEATH BLOOD GORE!  i knew it was gonna have that stuff in it, but there was so much!

it was just not needed!  actually seeing a man sew his face back together after you see his cheek mutilated with a knife to give him a half joker style smile!  GROSS!!  yes, it did feel good to see such an evil man in pain, but it was just too over the top.  people were telling me that that's just what spanish films are like, which i would have no idea about because i had never seen one before!  I HAD NO WARNING!!!

this was the only film i've ever had to look away from the screen in...i was curled up in a ball hugging my legs praying for the death and blood to end!  i wouldn't have minded as much if they advertised it that way, but they didn't.

it was quite an amazing/effective film, i was shaking for a day after i saw it and am shaking now thinking about it...that's never happened to me before.

watch it if you get the chance but seriously...realise you are going to watch a graphic war film!

this is second on my list of movies that scare the crap out of me after elephant!

pretty amazing how many oscars it was nominated for though!!  SIX!!!  that's only two less than dreamgirls!  i think that's amazing for a foreign film!
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

dan_arbro

• Wide Awake

• http://dan-arbro.deviantart.com/
    • Email
Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 04:34:09 PM »
Holy Crap this movie is amazing. One of the BEST I've seen in a long time. Its in spanish, but it adds to the mysterious and other worldlyousness to it I think. Haha I think I just made up that word.

I bought the soundtrack :O its quite good.
"...your book will be the seeds of many of his great thoughts. They will be the seeds of change. "

Ichabod

• Wide Awake

Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 11:23:51 AM »
Great Movie :D
quot;Remember remember the fith of November.."

M. Night Girl

• Wide Awake

Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 10:33:37 PM »
I saw this. Wow...I was so impressed. But...omg...it made me cry so bad. :'( It was very upsetting to me.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 04:05:58 PM »
FANTASTIC MOVIE!!! If Lady in the Water was anything like Pan's Labyrinth, I would have absolutely LOVED it.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 10:22:56 AM »
My parents wouldn't let me see it, but not that I am seveteen maybe I can rent the DVD and watch, I have heard so many good things about it, it looks really good.  Even the preview was kind of freaky.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

1.21 Gigawatts

• Wide Awake

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 01:02:24 PM »
I kind of saw this movie as the Spanish version of Lady in the Water. ---MIGHT BE SPOILERS---
(also, I loved it)

this is what I take from both Pans and Lady:

In Pans, I see this girl traveling to this other place, imaging these things she does because its her minds way of taking her away from all the violence and horror and war going on around her. She doesn't understand it, and for a little girl to see all this must have been too much for her. Her mind would take her away and give her simple things to think about, things she could understand, so that she wouldn't be around during all the blood and death of her new father.

Lady is very similar, from this aspect (in my opinion of course, people):

The people in LitW are so fed up with all the fighting and violence going on today. They don't want to see people dieing when they turn on the TV. This is why these people are so open to listening to Cleveland and Story, and ready to follow and help her. They are so tired of all the problems in their world that they just want to hang on to something simple, something that makes them feel like a child again, so badly.

Both are great movies, but I like Lady in the Water better. Its really changed the way I think about a lot of things.
~ "If the rule you followed brought you to this, what good is the rule?" ~

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 05:35:59 PM »
Huh, that's very interesting, I like that take on Lady In The Water though.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village