Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Movies And Books

Author Topic: Movies And Books  (Read 5613 times)

night-fan

• Signs

Movies And Books
« on: January 13, 2005, 03:50:21 PM »
 hey everyone...........just wondering what all of your favorite books and movies are. (that Manoj did not do)
if you see a book or movie that you want to comment on (good or bad) DO IT!!
thanks
NIGHT-FAN

Sakamoto

• Unbreakable

• http://www.matrixfans.net
Movies And Books
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 03:52:27 PM »
 My favourite books that I've read recently: Dean Koontz's Lightning, Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code. Favourite authors in general: Koontz, Clancy, King.

It's impossible for me to keep a favourite movie anymore. At the top: The Matrix, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars trilogies, the Predator movies, everything Kevin Smith has ever been involved in in any way whatsoever, everything by QT, most Marvel movies, and the Brosnan Bond films. Favourite Directors/Producers/Writers/Whatevers: Quentin Tarantino, George Lucas, Kevin Smith, and it's TV but I have to mention, J. J. Abrams.

Azi

• LITW

Movies And Books
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 11:57:10 PM »
 Favorite Movie: Hmm. Leslie Nielson's Wrongfully Accused. This movie is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Favorite book: The prequel to The DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons. Love Michael Crichton and Dan Brown.

>Azi
It's like War of the Worlds
-Merrill, Signs

gonch

• Unbreakable

Movies And Books
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 03:29:39 PM »
 Favourite books: Harry Potter ( :D ), Angels and Demons, the Da Vinci Code, Flowers in the Atic.

Favourite Movies: Star Wars saga, The Matrix Trilogy, The LOTR trilogy, and possibly Kill Bill.

"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction

Helstrom

• Wide Awake

Movies And Books
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 05:09:12 PM »
 Is ten months after the start of a thread too late to post a reply?   :mellow:

Favorite books: The Time Machine, The Food Of The Gods and War Of The Worlds by H.G. Wells (always has been, this has nothing to do with Spielberg's movie!), The Land That Time Forgot and At The Earth's Core (the entire series) by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea and The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne, Day Of The Triffids by John Wyndham, The Lost World by A. Conan Doyle.  Or most anything by any of these authors.

Favorite movies:  King Kong (the 1933 original, of course), Mysterious Island (Harryhausen's), Dances With Wolves, Journey To The Center Of The Earth, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Hidalgo ("Let her buck!"), most everything directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, most everything starring Humphrey Bogart, 1970's disaster movies in general, 1930's adventure movies in general.  And everything by that M. Night Whats-His-Name guy.

(And if you actually read that whole list, I thank you.)

Ichabod

• Wide Awake

Movies And Books
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 12:53:21 PM »
Favorite books:
- Patrick Sunskind's Perfume
- Oscar Wilde's Picture of Dorian Gray

Favorite movies (I have so many!)
- Arizona Dream (Emir Kusturica). Just perfection. :D
- Edward Scissorhands (Tim Burton)
- Basic Instinct (Paul Verhoeven)
- Ed Wood (Tim Burton)
- Sleepy Hollow (Tim Burton)
- Am?lie (Jean-Pierre Jeunet): what do you think about this french movie? I'm so proud of it!
- Nightmare before Xmas (Tim Burton & Henry Selick)
- Secret Window (David Koepp)
- Phantom of the Paradise (Brian de Palma)
- Indiana Jones (all films! and maybe te fourth episode..coming soon!)
... and all Shy's movies!

Actually, my favorite directors are:
- M. Night Shyamalan (of course!)
- Tim Burton
- Steven Spielberg
- Alfred Hitchcock
- Sofia Coppola
- Gus Van Sant
quot;Remember remember the fith of November.."

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
Movies And Books
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 11:17:43 PM »
favorite books.

lady in the water ...by m. night shyamalan.

the constant gardener...by john le carre

favorite movies.

unbreakable.
the big lebowski
the village.
the prestige
gladiator.
gangs of new york.

favorite directors.

m. NIGHT Shyamalan.
Darren Arnofsky.
Mhris Nolan.
Steven Spielberg.

Ichabod

• Wide Awake

Movies And Books
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 03:00:33 AM »
How could I forget Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho!? Perfect Movie. :D
Actually, I love most of Hitchcock's movies: "North By Northwest", "Vertigo", "Family Plot", "The Birds"...

Werebearxxx, what's your favorite Spielberg's movie?
About the book LITW, is that the same story that the film?

werebearxxx

• The Happening

Movies And Books
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 10:31:09 AM »
probably saving private ryan or close encounters.
thats a hard question but.....

what is your favorite??????

the story book. ha
i dont have many books so i had to pickout of the ones i do have...

Ichabod

• Wide Awake

Movies And Books
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 12:43:35 PM »
I'm so ashamed, I didn't even see Close Enconters :oops:
But I will, that's sure.

Actually, Spielberg's movies I prefer are those that I saw when I was young. I don't have any favorite one, but I love Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and E.T... I was so impressed by these movies :D ...
But I didn't see all his films; I would like to see The Colour Purple and The Terminal...

werebearxxx

• The Happening

Movies And Books
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 11:46:02 PM »
oh...i haven't seen them all either i just like the greats.

e.t. was very good.

the terminal is a great movie i just saw that one recently.
i love Spielberg but he is no shyamalan.

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: Movies And Books
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 01:08:17 PM »
My favorite's books are anything related to Middle Earth and the Lord of the Rings, most Marvel comic books.
Favorite movies are just about anything Marvel, the Lord of the Rings, Batman (the new one), The Prestige, the Bourne Supremacy, any Shyamalan film, Pirates trilogy.

I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.
Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Unbroken

• Futuristic (After Earth)

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 07:43:12 AM »
Favorite books: The Hobbit, Watership Down, King Solomon's Mines, Calvin and Hobbes, Dilbert, Sherlock Holmes, The Lost World, The Prydain Chronicles, The Kestrel, The King Raven Trilogy, The Shining Company, Excalibur, Redwall (just the first book), C. S. Lewis's Space Trilogy, The Three Musketeers, The Count of Monte Christo, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The High Seas Trilogy, Gods and Generals, and last but not least, The Chronicles of Narnia.

Favorite Authors: J. R. R. Tolkien, Stephen R. Lawhead, Rosemary Sutcliff, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, C. S. Lewis, Mark Twain, Lloyd Alexander, Iain Lawrence, and Alexander Dumas.

Favorite Movies: The Village, Unbreakable, Signs, Lady in the Water, The Sixth Sense, The Fountain, The Prestige, Ratatouille, The Truman Show, Minority Report, The Last Samurai, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Matrix, The Terminal, Bridge to Terabithia, Pirates of the Carribean, War of the Worlds, The Last of the Mohicans, Master and Commander.

Favorite Director's: M. Night Shyamalan, Christopher Nolan, Steven Spielberg, Brad Bird, Jared Hess.

Me in a nutshell.

--- It's alright to be afraid, David. Because this part won't be like a comic book. Life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it. ---

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 03:16:13 PM »
My fave movies are:

- Back to the Future trilogy
- Good Will Hunting
- Batman Begins
- Spiderman trilogy
- Indiana Jones trilogy
- Finding Nemo, Monsters inc, Toy Story (pretty much anything by pixar)
- A.I
- Pan's Labrynth
- Murder in the First
- White Squall
- Legends of the Fall
- The Shawshank Redemption
- Cypher

I don't read books. It's too much hard work for me.