Mediums In Australia

Author Topic: Mediums In Australia  (Read 4116 times)

gypsysatinangel

• Praying with Anger

Mediums In Australia
« on: March 21, 2005, 09:49:54 PM »
 Hi to all, I have just sat thru the doc done on Mr.Shyamalan and am wondering if anyone knows anyone that has the ability to speak or contact the other side...........

I have tried to contact many known mediums, thru their sites etc... but never get a response......I dont want to spk to any pranksters :rolleyes:

I hope you do not see this as a silly question, but from what I have just watched, I see there are many believers and hoping that I can find one or know of one that i can contact myself.

This would be appreciated.

:)    :)  :)  

Specter

• Administrator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• NarniaFans
Mediums In Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 01:22:29 AM »
 I do believe in Ghosts and whatnot, but I do also know that it is dangerous thing to get into.

I'm Catholic and being a BIG fan of movies such as Ghostbusters and The Sixth Sense, I've done some research on this in the past, and this is a pretty good answer. Someone near to me has been witness to the third type mentioned below. I would go into details, but she asked me not to speak of it publicly, as not many would understand. Here's the answer:

First, the Church forbids us to conjure up the dead (Catechism 2116-2117). Peter Kreeft in his book Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Heaven (pgs 34-35) says the reason for ?this stricture is probably protection against the danger of deception by evil spirits. We are out of our depth, our knowledge, and our control once we open the doors to the supernatural. The only openings that are safe for us are the ones God has approved: revelation, prayer, His own miracles, sacraments, and primarily Christ Himself?The danger is not physical but spiritual, and spiritual danger always centers on deception.?

?Nevertheless, without our action or invitation, the dead often do appear to the living. There is enormous evidence of ?ghosts? in all cultures. What are we to make of them?? He goes on to say ?We can distinguish three kinds of ghosts, I believe. First, the most familiar kind: the sad ones, the wispy ones. They seem to be working out some unfinished earthly business, or suffering some purgatorial purification until released from their earthly business. These ghosts would seem to be the ones who just barely made it to Purgatory, who feel little or no joy yet and who need to learn many painful lessons about their past lives on earth.

Second, there are malicious and deceptive spirits?and since they are deceptive, they hardly ever appear malicious. These are probably the ones who respond to conjurings at seances. They probably come from Hell. Even the chance of that happening should be sufficient to terrify away all temptations to necromancy."

"Third, there are bright, happy spirits of dead friends and family, especially spouses, who appear unbidden, at God's will, not ours, with messages of hope and love. They seem to come from Heaven. Unlike the purgatorial ghosts who come back primarily for their own sakes, these bright spirits come back for the sake of us the living, to tell us all is well. They are aped by evil spirits who say the same, who speak 'peace, peace, when there is no peace'. But the deception works only one way: the fake can deceive by appearing genuine, but the genuine never deceives by appearing fake. Heavenly spirits always convince us that they are genuinely good. Even the bright spirits appear ghostlike to us because a ghost of any type is one whose substance does not belong in or come from this world. In Heaven these spirits are not ghosts but real, solid and substantial because they are at home there: One can't be a ghost in one's own country."

?That there are all three kinds of ghosts is enormously likely. Even taking into account our penchant to deceive and be deceived, our credulity and fakery, there remain so many trustworthy accounts of all three types of ghosts - trustworthy by every ordinary empirical and psychological standard - that only a dogmatic prejudice against them could prevent us from believing they exist. As Chesterton says, 'We believe an old apple woman when she says she ate an apple; but when she says she saw a ghost, we say 'But she's only an old apple woman.' A most undemocratic and unscientific prejudice."

Recommended reading:

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Heaven
By Peter Kreeft

Ghosts and Poltergeists
By Herbert Thurston, SJ

Seven Kinds of Ghosts
Seven Kinds of Ghosts (article)
By Bro. John-Paul Ignatius

From Catholic Answers
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=14715' target='_blank'>http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=14715

Gustavo?

• Wide Awake

• http://imperiocinefilo2.blogspot.com/
Mediums In Australia
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 10:24:38 AM »
 OFF-TOPIC: I don't want to create a thread just for this, but how do I spell his real name? Manoj Nellyatu Shyamalan, or something of that sort? I'm about to write a text about him so I'd appreciate if somebody helped me here.

Mr. Mammal

Mediums In Australia
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 11:46:07 AM »
QUOTE (Gustavo? @ Mar 26 2005, 10:24 AM)
OFF-TOPIC: I don't want to create a thread just for this, but how do I spell his real name? Manoj Nellyatu Shyamalan, or something of that sort? I'm about to write a text about him so I'd appreciate if somebody helped me here. [/quote]
 His name is spelled "Manoj Nelliyattu Shyamalan".

the truth is out there

• Unbreakable

Mediums In Australia
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 11:53:40 AM »
 if his name is spelled "Manoj Nelliyattu Shyamalan".
How can all that = M.Night Shyamalan. is it from an inda name
"your son has made are storys true"
There are 35 pages and 124 illustrations in the average comic book.

A single issue ranges in price from #1.00 to over $140,000.

172,000 comics are sold in the U.S. every day.

Over 62,780,00

Mr. Mammal

Mediums In Australia
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 12:20:57 PM »

QUOTE (the truth is out there @ Mar 26 2005, 11:53 AM)
if his name is spelled "Manoj Nelliyattu Shyamalan".
How can all that = M.Night Shyamalan. is it from an inda name [/quote]
'M' = the first letter of 'Manoj'.

'Night' - A nickname, possibly a derivate of 'Nelliyattu'.

And, yes, it is an Indian name.

Gustavo?

• Wide Awake

• http://imperiocinefilo2.blogspot.com/
Mediums In Australia
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 08:53:31 PM »
 Thanks. Sorry for drawing attention from the main subject.

Mr. Mammal

Mediums In Australia
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 09:02:35 PM »
 It's okay, we still love you.  

gypsysatinangel

• Praying with Anger

Mediums In Australia
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 05:30:46 AM »
  ;) I am sorry if I am being misunderstood....

I would like to contact a medium, that can help me get intouch with some people that I would love to know that they are ok....

I would not try to do this myself as I am aware of people walking into things that they do not understand and causing problems by doing this.  I think I have also read sufficient information to understand that there is such people around that can do this (safely) & are not out to do wrong by anyone....  

I dont believe that anyone (including churches etc) has the right to tell anyone what is right or wrong (their beliefs are exactly that) as it has been taught to me that there is no such thing and that people are who they are by their own experiences.

From what I have been watching in the documentary (Mr Shyamalan's eyes have alot to tell us) & from what i have read so far....his fans, if not his staff or himself, maybe able to put me on the right track.

I do not ask for much in life, only to be pointed in the right direction.

Regards  :rolleyes:  

Azi

• LITW

Mediums In Australia
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 08:31:43 PM »
 First I would like to say, Specter, that was one hell of a post. I'm Catholic also, and I have only three passions: religion, movies, and conspiracy theory. You have managed to mix all three into one great post.

Now, for the original post. The only way to contact spirits, I personally belive, is through prayer. Not through mediums, exorcists, or even the Church. It's common sense.

And as for Australia, it's a beautiful country.

>Azi
It's like War of the Worlds
-Merrill, Signs

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Mediums In Australia
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 08:27:03 PM »
 Well, I have read all the posts so far by all great members here with their great thoughts and opinions how to contact spirits and ghosts, well first of all please don't get me wrong by saying this that it is too kind of not good for today's world like we people still believe in ghosts, it is an modern world and these ghost stories used to be common only in villages when even there were no electricity.

I don't believe in Ghosts at all, but sometimes I think with myself that if Ghosts really exists ,I solved a mystery that I created in my mind and even I solved it,

Here it is : We humans say that we must do things in life to go to heaven after we die, but no body thought that what is heaven, and also as far as we know today that heaven must be like a world out of war, racism,betrayal all negative things and it has lakes, flowers, mountains and even lions, tigers doing nothing to humans. Well, don't we think this that THIS PLANET of us called EARTH kind of sounds like what we think of HEAVEN? It really matches if all people in the world today would not fight, betray, kill, lie, broken promises many other things it would be a perfect heaven.

Now let me make it more clear that TALKING ABOUT GHOSTS, ok I believe in Ghost for an hour atleast to solve this mystery, THIS EARTH OF OURS IS LIKE HEAVEN AND GOD GAVE US A CHANCE OF DOING GOOD DEEDS TO OTHER AND RESPECT, LOVE EACH OTHER. And when you die due to natural causes or someone killed you or you got involved in an accident they bury you, or some religions they burn the dead. The dead goes under the ground and his/her spirit comes out because he/she had an clean and big heart or would be a great human that the worlds needs, and if you are a bad person in life then your spirit doesn't come back and that's HELL that you and your spirit rests forever in underground and you rot. LOL.

Well in all stories and movies GHOSTS are like hurting people, THE RING, GRUDGE and many many other novels, books, movies. But what ever I said above that was my little mystery to explain that probably how it works if there is a GHOST CASE going on in earth.

Also still I am saying that Believing in Ghosts is actually it's our conscienceness and soul who believes there is probably someone in my room or my bathroom will grab me or my leg.

THE VILLAGE Shyamalan's film makes it more clear as a mirror that believing in ghosts or thos creatures in those woods can't be real, it is common sense, in movie all the village have been told all years that do not pass the WOODS and creatures would get you, so it affected all people in the village and it remained in their minds,

So in today's world we have been told about GHOSTS by books and movies and elders and we get goose bumps when we hear about ghosts or they got goose bumps when they heard about creatures in the village.

At the end wat happened nothing there were no creatures, THE BLIND GIRL WENT TO THE WOODS AND CAME BACK ALL WELL, only her mind was messing up with her and also the two guys left her alone when they were about to start their journey.

So give me more explains what you guys think LOL.

Take Care All
Rohan

afi_village

• LITW

Mediums In Australia
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 01:21:34 AM »
 in the village there was a reason for making up the stories.  what is the reason behind making up ghost stories?

well, i guess it could be some sort of way that we can make ourselves not fear death as much.  i think that next lives/heaven are just coping mechanisms that people have created, not just to stop fearing death, but come to terms with people they know dying.

i don't really believe in ghosts, but i do think that really strong emotions can be rubbed off onto places where people have been.  which are kind of ghosts, but not in human form, and they can't interact with you.  and i thnk it's not just people who die that can leave them behind.
i think everyone should believe in that, even if they don't believe in ghosts.  it's like a place where some sort of war/battle has happened is not going to be the same as it was before hundreds of people died there.

i really haven't spent very long thinking about it, and that probably made no sense.

it's hard to explain.  

i'm australian.  it's good down here

pkk

OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

Azi

• LITW

Mediums In Australia
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 11:40:06 PM »
 Ghost stories were just forms of entertainment, back then and now. It's just a transfiguration of our fears into something malleable. For example:

I don't like aliens. My faith tells me that they don't exist, but a sound faith is founded on unanswered questions. Without an obviously false misrepresentation, our own minds can be the scariest thing. Every movie plays on our fears. A comedy plays on the things we are afraid to laugh about. Films like Signs allow us to publicly dismiss private fears. That is why ghost stories are so successful. Because they allow you an escape from the real terror inside you by allowing you to laugh it off.

If a friend hiding in a dark corner jumps out and scares you, what do you do?

1. Realize (for the moment) that your fear was unfounded

2. Laugh it off

>Azi
It's like War of the Worlds
-Merrill, Signs