Signs Scared The Hell Out Of Me

Author Topic: Signs Scared The Hell Out Of Me  (Read 11916 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
« on: June 13, 2005, 03:16:04 PM »
 Hey Friends,

When first I saw Signs Trailer was ON 'E' Channel showing upcoming attractions that time I heard of Shayamalan  and he makes great movies in HOLLYWOOD. So  I didn't knew he will turn out as a GREAT STORY TELLER OF ALL TIME.

So after watching Signs trailer I didn't took it serios, but when it came close to it's release there were talks and interviews on CNN  that Signs is based on True events and incidents, one woman was talking on CNN that it is true that there were crop circles behind her house on her fields.

Even before SIGNS comes out or we encounter with a movie like SIGNS I knew that there will be HUMAN existence in the other world in UNIVERSE, I read many books and did many researches and even I almost got myself blind on reading stories on AREA 51 and Rosevell incidents.

So still SIGNS came out, but I couldn't got the exact time to buy a ticket and watch it, but 100% I was waiting for it's DVD and VHS comes out.

When it came out, I didn't still got a chance to buy DVD or VHS, until one day my dad bought the VHS for me, even I got kind pissed that I wanted the DVD, but still I am thankful to my dad a lot.

It was saturday Night that my all family left for a friends Birthday Party, I came home from class and my eyes went on SIGNS VHS, I grabbed it and I read behind the synopsis and also read the REVIEWS that it got from CNN, (CNN says, WATCH IT TWICE and says Directors can blow the world and universe but what shayamalan did that he blew our minds),I started laughing that SHAYAMALAN MY HOMIE, let's watch your PIECE.

It was about 9:00 PM pretty Dark night, I put signs and then right from the beginning till END I was with two guys and two kids encountering CROP CIRCLES and their fear, Mel Gibson cried, I cried too, when the little girl cried I cried too, basically I was the part that HESS Family.

Believe Me and Trust Me People I have Seen Many Scary Movies, such as THE RING and many others they didn't affected me on my brain as much as signs did,

The Minute the SIGNS Credits rolled up, I couldn't move from my COUCH, I was like glued, I said to myself that ROHAN who told you to turn off the lights and watch the movie, I was so scared that I crawled to my stereo system and listen to some songs like in HIGH VOLUME to get my attention somewhere else.

When the Scene they show THE ALIEN in the news comes out from the backyard, I grabbed my mouth and put my legs up on the couch just scared as PHEONIX was scared on the scene.

So Signs even disturbed me for a week specially during NIGHT, still sometimes that I watch it, It does something to me.

Shayamalan I give you 5 thumps up and also I salute you, you are not the next steven speilberg I guess you are ahead of Speilberg.

I was 7 years old I decided to be an actor and film maker and a writer, I am in college studying in Acting and Film making, and I have written a story which will blow every one's mind and also GOING TO WRITE ONE which is almost in SHAYAMALAM GENRE kind of films.

So Guys that was my experience after watching SIGNS.

TAKE CARE
PEACE

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 12:28:30 AM »
 I agree. Signs is Shyamalan's directing at its finest. Not necissarily (spelling!!) his finest in screenwriting, but with out a doubt his best at directing.

Helstrom

• Wide Awake

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 07:00:30 PM »
 Signs was definitely one of the scariest movies I've ever seen... rather than rely on cats jumping out of closets or blood splashing on walls, M. Night used atmosphere to build tension and mood.  That's why he's one of the greatest living directors!

By the way, no matter how many times I see it, when Mel sees the alien on the roof outside his daughter's window, I get a chill right down to there...   :o  

gonch

• Unbreakable

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 02:15:21 PM »
 Exactly. It's a psychological tipe of terror, and he's one of the few directors that can actually pull it off.

The scene where the alien's hand appears under the door still scares me...

"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction

Helstrom

• Wide Awake

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 06:54:14 PM »
 Or the alien's leg disappearing into the corn...

afi_village

• LITW

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 10:02:46 PM »
 oh, yeah, the one in the corn feild still gets to me!  with the torch light and the wind sounds...ahh.   it's so good.  
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

Azi

• LITW

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 02:45:33 PM »
 I've always been a sucker for the mexican alien. I just cringe during that whole scene. That makes the movie for me.

>Azi
It's like War of the Worlds
-Merrill, Signs

Helstrom

• Wide Awake

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 04:53:51 PM »
QUOTE (Azi @ Sep 28 2005, 02:45 PM)
I've always been a sucker for the mexican alien. I just cringe during that whole scene. That makes the movie for me.

>Azi [/quote]
 And yet at the same time, Merril's reactions are very funny ("Move children!").  It's the perfect blend of fear and humor-release.

Helstrom

• Wide Awake

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 04:55:17 PM »
QUOTE (afi_village @ Sep 27 2005, 10:02 PM)
oh, yeah, the one in the corn feild still gets to me!  with the torch light and the wind sounds...ahh.   it's so good. [/quote]
 And from that point onwards I'm really afraid of the corn field in general, because now you KNOW that there are things out in it, and not just their imaginations...

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 05:40:51 PM »
 Yup the Mexican Alien definately disturbed me for a bit. Wasn't expecting something...so human.  

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

Ceverie

• Wide Awake

• http://ceveri.livejournal.com
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 06:35:50 PM »
 Ah, the Brazilian alien. That's my favorite part for sure. I remember in the theater everyone literally gasped right then.
elly Sheridan likes the paper aisle -- A joke that has gone on long enough.

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 07:39:07 PM »
 Haha, I screamed out "Holy crap!" I think I myself made a few people jump. :lol:  

~Dr.Hill42

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 08:52:52 PM »
 Signs is the last movie I've seen  that I was actually scared while watching it in the theatre.  The thing that got me most was the atmosphere.  When the aliens are walking on the porch (but never see them), and you hear them scracthing around and stuff, I was freaking out. And the dog was barking, and then it just stops.

And when Graham looks out the window after putting Bo back to sleep and the alien is standing on the roof.  That scared the crap out of me.

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 10:41:22 PM »
 Haha hes good eh? Most people are scared by these movies for that exact same reason. He is the master...

~Dr.Hill42

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 02:51:33 PM »
 Whenever I meet M.Night in person I will thank him to actually for making "Signs" and I will tell him that "YOU ARE STILL SCARING ME".

Signs as a matter of fact still "scares" me whenever I watch it and the other thing is that I never get bore of signs and speciall none of his movies are boring they are all GREAT!.

-Rohan