I Hate Signs

Author Topic: I Hate Signs  (Read 29751 times)

GenPion

• Unbreakable

• Email
Re: I Hate Signs
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2008, 06:19:42 PM »
Allright Dr Malcom Crowe, I guess I won't bother to watch it, thanks for the advice.  Hey MrStone, cool little bit of information.

A.I. is one of my favorite film's ever made if you are looking for a second opinion.

Personally, I think it is one of Spielberg's greatest accomplishments.

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2008, 12:28:33 PM »
This is a great movie. I agree with everything that Azi said, and I loved every second of it.

If you don't like it... well, that's your opinion. What do you want us to do? You want us to change your opinion? Lol...I don't really know if we can do that...

I loved every second of this movie, I loved how real it looks, and I love all the concepts of fate and coincidences that exist in the movie.
It doesn't have spaceships, weird eight legged aliens, or crappy CGI. It just tells us an amazing, beautiful story, that shows us the life of a small family, and how the alien imvasion affects them.

The acting is pretty good, and I think Shyamalan did a great job as a director and as a writer. The movie is amazing in both of those aspects....

And if you don't like it...well, that's your problem :P . You have your opinion, I have mine.

Did you just said my words?

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2008, 12:30:23 PM »
I did not enjoy it. There are some really cool moments, and some great visuals - but overall it's muddy storytelling IMO. It gets boring pretty fast, the goal of the hero is drilled into your head, and somethings are just really unclear and poorly told.

At least that's how I feel about it.  ;)

Aww man A.I is brilliant. One of my favourites. It's really interesting and thought provoking and really sad.

I can see where you're coming from with the boring thing though I can see how it can be.

And Signs is the best film ever because it contains the line "There?s a monster outside my room - can I have a glass of water?" which is possibly the best line ever written (in context of course).

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2008, 06:38:31 PM »
indeed, one of the best lines ever.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2008, 01:12:27 PM »
indeed, one of the best lines ever.

Agree. Also, I SEE DEAD PEOPLE.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2008, 05:05:05 PM »

Agree. Also, I SEE DEAD PEOPLE.

i dont see that line as being all that great...its just famous. what is it that makes you think its so great?
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2008, 12:07:54 PM »
Night's films are full of quotable lines, one day I'm going to compile them all, hopefully soon.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2008, 10:27:02 PM »
cool..i'd like to get a copy...and since every line is significant, u might as well just copy/paste a transcript lol

Kable

• Signs

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2008, 11:55:12 PM »
I?d like a copy too!

I think, the problem with the signs' haters are that they where fooled by their own expectations. Like cloverfield, Signs was misunderstood. In cloverfield people expected a classic monster movie, with mr. Hero and his cientists friends. Signs looks a lot like an classic alien movie. Clover, in fact, was more about those people who was trying to survive than about the monster itself. And signs it?s so obviously about faith that I keep having nausea everytime someone complains about the aliens.

So, if you have expectations about any movie, shyamalan?s or from other director?s, try to keep it down. Don?t let it ruin your experience on the movietheater.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2008, 12:58:40 PM »
Alright, got to go watch the movies now and compile the quotes.

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2008, 02:58:23 PM »
Alright, got to go watch the movies now and compile the quotes.

It's been 2 months. :P
Manoj Night Shyamalan is Charles Baudelaire of movie art. That is non-deniable. Baudelaire's value is non-deniable.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2008, 04:17:40 PM »
Sorry, need to get to work on that, this is the problem with having a lot of school to do.

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2008, 05:58:18 PM »
Sorry, need to get to work on that, this is the problem with having a lot of school to do.

I hear ya, although I ain't in school, rather, on faculty. Kills creativity.
Manoj Night Shyamalan is Charles Baudelaire of movie art. That is non-deniable. Baudelaire's value is non-deniable.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2008, 09:38:55 PM »
sympozium, what do u teach? (btw, im gonna watch cloverfield tonight if i can find it)

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2008, 01:18:59 PM »
I haven't seen that film either, arrghh, there's so much to do.