I Hate Signs

Author Topic: I Hate Signs  (Read 29654 times)

Micky-D's

• Praying with Anger

I Hate Signs
« on: July 06, 2005, 03:38:24 PM »
 man this movie is stupid who ever has a problem with this should explain to me why this is such a fantastic movie which it is not.  

PS. Ronold Mcdonold

Azi

• LITW

I Hate Signs
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 03:48:41 PM »
 This is my favorite movie ever made. And ou want to know why? I'll tell you why. Because it's good.

First, this movie is so scary. I mean, who didn't have the same expression as Merril when he saw the Mexican alien? Shyamalan seamlessly blended J-horror with american acting, more so than the Ring or the Grudge could have ever hoped.

Second, this is an excellently directed and written film. It slowly unravels into a scary film, not like the crap-horror in america today.

Third, M. Night Shyamalan is in it!

>Azi
It's like War of the Worlds
-Merrill, Signs

Micky-D's

• Praying with Anger

I Hate Signs
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 04:00:31 PM »
 Wow! Azi you have changed my whole perspective behind signs.  You should be a staff member. i just watched it again and i see what you mean.  Yea with the Mexican Alien it was how do I say it el perro es delisoso.  Thats french for the best movie ever.  Wow this was a great movie and you change the way i watch his movies.

PS.  ;)  

gonch

• Unbreakable

I Hate Signs
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »
 This is a great movie. I agree with everything that Azi said, and I loved every second of it.

If you don't like it... well, that's your opinion. What do you want us to do? You want us to change your opinion? Lol...I don't really know if we can do that...

I loved every second of this movie, I loved how real it looks, and I love all the concepts of fate and coincidences that exist in the movie.
It doesn't have spaceships, weird eight legged aliens, or crappy CGI. It just tells us an amazing, beautiful story, that shows us the life of a small family, and how the alien imvasion affects them.

The acting is pretty good, and I think Shyamalan did a great job as a director and as a writer. The movie is amazing in both of those aspects....

And if you don't like it...well, that's your problem :P . You have your opinion, I have mine.

"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction

Azi

• LITW

I Hate Signs
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 05:45:30 PM »
 Did you not hear him? He just said that he now appreciates the scope of Shyamalan's movies. What more could you want?

>Azi
-Merrill, Signs

Specter

• Administrator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• NarniaFans
I Hate Signs
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 11:40:24 PM »
 I love Signs.  It's great in that it doesn't really show you anything until the end.  One of the best shots is when they are showing you a wall, and slowly doing a close up on it.  Yeah, that's right, nothing but a wall in that shot, but they didn't have to show anything else.  The sound was key.  The music is also very very well orchestrated and some of the best ever written for film, with many layers to it.

gonch

• Unbreakable

I Hate Signs
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 01:21:35 PM »

QUOTE (Azi @ Jul 6 2005, 05:45 PM)
Did you not hear him? He just said that he now appreciates the scope of Shyamalan's movies. What more could you want?

>Azi [/quote]
I have the feeling that he was just being ironic, Azi....

"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction

Azi

• LITW

I Hate Signs
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 07:03:54 PM »
 You have to trust me, he wasn't. And a better word would be sarcastic.

And on the score, how perfect! The way that it could be slowed down from its fast-paced thriller tempo to the slower, more moving speed was brilliant.

>Azi
-Merrill, Signs

afi_village

• LITW

I Hate Signs
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 10:15:01 PM »
QUOTE (Specter @ Jul 7 2005, 02:40 PM)
One of the best shots is when they are showing you a wall, and slowly doing a close up on it.  Yeah, that's right, nothing but a wall in that shot, but they didn't have to show anything else. [/quote]
 wow, that is so true!  i completly agree with you.  i think it's one of the scariest scenes of the film and it's not because it's using tacky CGI effects or showing you so much gore that you want to throw up, it's just really amazingly constructed.

but what i love most about the film (and all of m night shyamalan's films) isn't how scary they are, because that isn't their strongest feature.  i love the characters that he creates which force you to envest emotion into their stories.  

every single character is just so real.  my favourite is bo.  i love her so much.

i watched signs the other day, and even though i've seen it so many times before, i think i cried more this time than any other, and that isn't from how scary it is, it's from how much you love the characters.

pkk

OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

Azi

• LITW

I Hate Signs
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 12:52:38 PM »
 First of all, let me congratulate me. This is my 100th post! Yay!

Signs is definitely my favorite of the 4 because you do feel a stronger attatchment than in any of his other films or Spielberg's while we're at it. The pure sense of fear, desperation, and fear bound this family together even more.

>Azi
-Merrill, Signs

Azi

• LITW

I Hate Signs
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 03:42:51 PM »
 That was an excellent post. So true. I feel the same way about popcorn.

>Azi
-Merrill, Signs

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
I Hate Signs
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 03:38:52 AM »
 signs was DAMN good! back when i bought it (the day it came out), i wasnt a m. night fan....i had unbreakable and sixth sense...but wasnt really into movies...signs was the disiding facter that i will forever be in debt to the lord of all directing. SIGNS was amazing. it was scary...not blood, stupid gore scary...but ACtUALLY scary.The movie was emotional....i got the chills a few times. It was amazingly written and acted. What more could you ask for in a movie.

eat that d&8k. love eric

carmenjones_82

• Praying with Anger

I Hate Signs
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 01:11:31 PM »
 I loved this story because although it was about aliens invading earth, it was ultimately about a sinister man re-establishing his faith after something so tragic and unfair has happened to him.  And on the fact that everything, no matter how tragic, happens for a reason.

The little girl was a pest about the damn water  and left those glasses laying around everywhere for a reason, the little boy had asthma so  his lungs would close, the uncle never got his dream career as a baseball player so a bat would be right there on a mantle, and his wife died so she could tell her husband to "SWING AWAY".  

I absolutely love his films because like someone else stated, it makes you invest in all the characters and he doesn't go for shock value like so many other film makers do.  I think thats why some people don't like it, because  they prefer to see a big bloody something instead of having to use their minds to imagine what terror is about to happen.  Which brings me to my favorite scene. When they show the alien in Mexico..... how many of us was on the edge of our seats like Joaquin's character wanting the kids to move so we could see what terror was lurking behind the trees.  M. Knight is frikkin awesome, I can't say anymore *sighs*

visitorkyle97

• Wide Awake

SIGNS visitor
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 11:12:48 PM »
QUESTION: Why are there people here on this site that 'hate' this
movie; SIGNS? To me; THAT is what is stupid.

Rulm

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Twitter
Re: I Hate Signs
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 02:56:28 AM »
The only reason someone may not like Signs is due to the SPOILER ALERT- "water killing aliens" part, but water killing the aliens is not really as far-fetched as some complain it is. War of the Worlds' aliens were killed by bacteria in the air--Night just replaced air with water--both are, as we all should know, extremely common in this planet! Lol. But the thing is, this is a movie about aliens; anything can happen, and trying to place logic in an alien related plot is just plain dumb. It may not have been ALL water that killed the aliens, it may have been just purified water. Who knows? Maybe salt water doesn't affect them, and because the earth is full of it, they were not afraid to take over. Also, remember that the aliens did not create an all-out war. They used stealth and such--sneak attacks. Would humans have time to go around pouring water on them? No, I highly doubt it. This could be disputed forever, but the fact is we don't know why, and we don't necessarily know how...It's as secret as the aliens, lol.

The reason this movie is GREAT...Well, I could go on forever, but I will sum it up; it's thought provoking, creepy as heck, and it's an intelligent way to execute a sci-fi movie. I could easily go into detail about it, but I'm too lazy  :-\

Anyway, this is my perspective on this film...A GREAT film that works on every level.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 02:58:29 AM by Rulm »