Unbreakable Scary?

Author Topic: Unbreakable Scary?  (Read 8102 times)

afi_village

• LITW

Unbreakable Scary?
« on: July 09, 2005, 10:31:58 PM »
 i LOVE unbreakable.  for a long time it was my favourite film, until the day the village came out.  but i still love it so much.  so i had an m night shyamalan movie night a couple of nights ago and forced my friends to watch as many as we could.  ( can you belive most of them had never seen the sixth sense or unbreakable before?) we only got in the sixth sense, unbreakable and signs, but that was fine.

anyway, getting to the point now, one of my friends found unbreakable to be the scariest of the three.  i though that was great, but i never had really thought of it in that way before.

do you think unbreakable is that much of a 'scary' sort of film?  cause i always thought of it as his least scary film.

i want to hear peoples thoughts.

pkk

OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

Specter

• Administrator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• NarniaFans
Unbreakable Scary?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 01:24:30 AM »
 I think it can be scary in that it is the least supernatural of the three, and the situations that the characters find themselves in are pretty frightening.  The brittle bone disease is very real, and that made it all the more frightening to watch.

Azi

• LITW

Unbreakable Scary?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 12:48:44 PM »
 I didn't think it was scary at all, which, in a way, made it scary. The possibility of it actually happening was looming over the whole film. To reinforce what Specter said, that even though there was no real superantural threat, the character still found itself in an overwhelming situation. A situation where anything is possible. And possibility is scary.

>Azi
It's like War of the Worlds
-Merrill, Signs

gonch

• Unbreakable

Unbreakable Scary?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 12:03:40 PM »
 Unbreakable was the least scary. It didn't have any of those moments where there's silence and then...BANG! (yes...I did have a heart attack on Signs when the alien's hand goes under the door, and Mel's character cuts off one of the fingers).

However, I never thought that Shyamalan's movies were very scary. It's ot the type of fear that makes us close our eyes, or jump in our seats... it's more of a psycological fear. He makes us think, and question ourselves during his movies... and we don't really know what's gonna happen next.

Unbreakable was scary (not scary as the village, signs or the sixth sense, but still scary), but I never really thought about how scary it was... I just thought it was an amazing story, told in an amazing way.

And Bruce Willis rocks.

"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction

MNightFan430

• The Village

Unbreakable Scary?
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 12:29:20 PM »
 I think everyone has a great point.  It can be scary.  I thought it had its moments.

Examples:

When Elijah is walking down the subway stairs.  No matter how many times I've seen it, my heart always races!

When David is in the family's house towards the end and he opens the basement door and turns on the light then BOOM we see the husband dead.  That got me!!!

When David is looking out on the balcony and the murderer in orange is right behind him and pushes him onto the pool.  Freaky scene...

I don't know if those scared people but they are pretty creepy!!!
See...tell him to see...  Tell Merrill to swing away.

TheSign

• Praying with Anger

Unbreakable Scary?
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 07:24:35 PM »
i guess it was kinda scary
img]http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/4747/poster1largeps7.jpg[/img]

ianisalways

• Praying with Anger

Unbreakable Scary?
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 08:01:57 AM »
the only one that i'd consider 'scary' is the sixth sense.
just the way the dead characters come in to the story
so abruptly. grabbing legs. walking in to the bed room.
in the kitchen. in the fort vomiting. etc.

there are parts that make my heart race or give me
chills in his other movies, as well as the sixth sense.  
but as far as scary goes, i'd definitely say that's the
only one.
vdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ianisalways
myspace.com/ianisalways

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
Unbreakable Scary?
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 11:48:51 AM »
yeah night movies arent really scary....with exception to the Sixth Sense.

the only part that got me was the woman with the sliced wrists...omg. scary.

Rulm

• Twitter
Re: Unbreakable Scary?
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 12:00:30 AM »
No, it wasn't scary. Now, The Sixth Sense was scary! Signs was pretty scary, too. Unbreakable? Not, really. At the same time, neither was The Village (well, it was for a while...Then it all evaporated) and Lady in the Water. Unbreakable was a brilliantly made film, though. You could analyze that film forever! My third favorite Night film.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 09:43:16 AM »
I don't think Unbreakable is scary, just insidiously creepy.  Very good film though.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Vick

• Praying with Anger

• Personal Text
    =)
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 05:57:27 AM »
Unbreakable is not scary, scary is of course is the Six Sense, but when i watch Signs in the cinema, moment's in house was to me veeeeeery scary , but what scary in Unbreakable?
Some things are only revealed by accident...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 01:08:52 PM »
I don't think it's scary, I think it is somewhat creepy, because there are people out there desperate to prove that they're needed, and they're willing to do anything to prove it. 

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 10:41:54 PM »
Unbreakable is not scary. yet its shockingly surprising. I love THE SIXTH SENSE ending. This one truely had a surprise ending. I love it. We can say "Signs" is scary. This one kind of wakes you up that "wait"... is it possible that HEROES WALK THE EARTH? Makes you believe the unthinkable for days or probably whole your life. I am still thinking that "what if Heroes walk the earth for real". It could my neightbor, it could be your dad,uncle,brother or it could be you.
David Dunn had different special powers. But its possible you have a different kind of special power. You never know until you meet someone totally opposite of you. Or you may fall into a situation where when your inner man feelings tell you "Do this" it's right. Save this person, Protect this person. Or help this weak person cross the red light. Heroes Walk The Earth. I beleive.

Rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 02:11:11 PM »
I loooovveee your signature Rohan, it's superb.  I agree with your statement, it's that wonderful feeling that they could be real, and they would be more down to earth, not advertised or mainstreamed, just like Elijah says in the movie.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 02:58:00 PM »
I loooovveee your signature Rohan, it's superb.  I agree with your statement, it's that wonderful feeling that they could be real, and they would be more down to earth, not advertised or mainstreamed, just like Elijah says in the movie.

Thanks Mr.Glass. What you like about the signature. I was working on it just last night.

Rohan