Sounds Cool

Author Topic: Sounds Cool  (Read 8235 times)

Villagelover

• Praying with Anger

Sounds Cool
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2005, 11:59:17 PM »
 Dude thats soo cool that you got to be in the movie. I wish I could. I go to a Christian college that's 45mins away from Philly so I suppose I could at least see where they're filming the movie.

Question though, how did you get to be an extra? Did you jut hang around where they were shooting and they';re like "Hey you, come here", i mean how did it end up happening?

I wish i could, that'd be so cool

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Sounds Cool
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2005, 08:40:43 PM »
 So far the the film really sounds interesting, I love Night's all films start from Sixth Sense, Signs, Unbreakable, The Village. But can you guys believe this that I still haven't seen THE SIXTH SENSE.

I like Nights style, He actually first tackles and twists our minds in his stories/films then all of sudden blows our minds/brains..

I can't wait till "Lady In The Water" releases.

-rohan

afi_village

• LITW

Sounds Cool
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005, 04:41:35 AM »
 wow

are you kidding that you haven't seen the sixth sense?  how have you avoided it all these years?

or did i just read that whole thing wrong or something?

OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Sounds Cool
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 01:23:31 AM »
QUOTE (afi_village @ Oct 13 2005, 04:41 AM)
wow

are you kidding that you haven't seen the sixth sense?  how have you avoided it all these years?

or did i just read that whole thing wrong or something? [/quote]
 I know this is really stupid that still I haven't seen "The Sixth Sense".
I and dieing for it to watch it, somehow never got the chance to buy the DVD and in fact I can't find it anywhere.

I really want to own a DVD of Sixth Sense.

-Rohan

lauralove91

• Praying with Anger

Sounds Cool
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 02:52:48 PM »
    I also had the pleasure of being an extra in this film and it was an incredible experience! I was in the party scene as well. I've been really lucky so far and I've put right in front of the camera in almost every scene during the party! At one point, I was placed with 2 other people right next to Bryce Howard and we were told to block Bryce from view and then slowly step aside to reveal her. Then Shyamalan came over and started talking to his cameramen. Then the most incredible thing happened! He pointed right at me and said to his cameramen, "I like this lady right here. I want to see more of her". Then he came over and started talking to us and telling us what he wanted us to do in the scene!!! It was AMAZING!!! I also got a chance to talk to Bryce and I asked her if she was going to have a tail in the movie, but she said no. I was also close by in the scene that Shyamalan was in and it was really cold during the shoot! I was shivering so much, that at one point, Shyamalan walked by and asked me if I was cold. I laughed and said yes and he said, "Don't worry, it'll be over soon." But I said, "That's okay, it's worth it!" And it definitely is!!! I was also placed directly behind Paul Giamatti and another actor while they said their lines and Shyamalan and the camera were inches from me and I got to be in the middle of all the movie making action! We shot again the other day, but we got rained out. I'm supposed to go back again on Monday the 17th for our final day of shooting the party scene. Working as an extra on "Lady in the Water" has truly been a wonderful experience for me and everyone has been so nice and accomodating. The extras were treated really well and they fed us well, too. The crew and Shyamalan himself are so nice and I am so grateful to him that I got this chance and that he liked my look enough, I guess, that he made it a point to single me out and put me near the camera so much. I think he is an amazing director and I hope to get the chance to work with him again in the future!  :D

Laura  

gonch

• Unbreakable

Sounds Cool
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 05:13:53 PM »
QUOTE (lauralove91 @ Oct 14 2005, 02:52 PM)
I also had the pleasure of being an extra in this film and it was an incredible experience! I was in the party scene as well. I've been really lucky so far and I've put right in front of the camera in almost every scene during the party! At one point, I was placed with 2 other people right next to Bryce Howard and we were told to block Bryce from view and then slowly step aside to reveal her. Then Shyamalan came over and started talking to his cameramen. Then the most incredible thing happened! He pointed right at me and said to his cameramen, "I like this lady right here. I want to see more of her". Then he came over and started talking to us and telling us what he wanted us to do in the scene!!! It was AMAZING!!! I also got a chance to talk to Bryce and I asked her if she was going to have a tail in the movie, but she said no. I was also close by in the scene that Shyamalan was in and it was really cold during the shoot! I was shivering so much, that at one point, Shyamalan walked by and asked me if I was cold. I laughed and said yes and he said, "Don't worry, it'll be over soon." But I said, "That's okay, it's worth it!" And it definitely is!!! I was also placed directly behind Paul Giamatti and another actor while they said their lines and Shyamalan and the camera were inches from me and I got to be in the middle of all the movie making action! We shot again the other day, but we got rained out. I'm supposed to go back again on Monday the 17th for our final day of shooting the party scene. Working as an extra on "Lady in the Water" has truly been a wonderful experience for me and everyone has been so nice and accomodating. The extras were treated really well and they fed us well, too. The crew and Shyamalan himself are so nice and I am so grateful to him that I got this chance and that he liked my look enough, I guess, that he made it a point to single me out and put me near the camera so much. I think he is an amazing director and I hope to get the chance to work with him again in the future!  :D

Laura [/quote]
 That's just... wow... amazing.

:o

You rock  :)  

"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction

afi_village

• LITW

Sounds Cool
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2005, 05:34:09 AM »
 oh my god!!!

THAT IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

RDamo

• Praying with Anger

• http://www.cardomain.com/ride/752771
    • Email
Sounds Cool
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2005, 10:03:06 PM »
 [/QUOTEQuestion though, how did you get to be an extra? Did you jut hang around where they were shooting and they';re like "Hey you, come here", i mean how did it end up happening?]

No I auditioned in the summer in a long line.  

LIke lauralove I am going to shoot on Monday the 17th also.  But I missed the last 2 wks cause I couldn miss my graduate school classes.  I kind of regret it  but I couldn't miss the one class 2 wks consecutive.  I am so pissed that i missed days though.  Hopefully I still make it in the movie.  

RDamo

• Praying with Anger

• http://www.cardomain.com/ride/752771
    • Email
Sounds Cool
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2005, 10:08:18 PM »
 Hey lauralove91 Did I miss alot the past 2 wks.  Or was there a lot of sitting and waiting cause of the rain.  

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Sounds Cool
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 07:31:25 PM »
QUOTE (lauralove91 @ Oct 14 2005, 02:52 PM)

Laura [/quote]
 Hey Laura,

Thanks for sharing with us! So what do you want to be in ur future?
I want to be an actor and writer. In fact already wrote a story for M night, I want to give to him.

-Peace
-Rohan

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Sounds Cool
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2005, 08:52:16 PM »
QUOTE (afi_village @ Oct 13 2005, 04:41 AM)
wow

or did i just read that whole thing wrong or something? [/quote]
 I finally saw THE SIXTH SENSE lastnight it was on at ABC family channel. It totally blew away my mind at the end. Its really a sad story.

-Rohan

professorzovibergh

• Praying with Anger

Sounds Cool
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2005, 04:21:28 PM »
 I first like to say hi to all the M. Night fans, for I am truly a fan, for I enjoy films books ect.. that a person or persons shares there inter talent with other, that why I join to express myself of the excitement in the anticipation of Mr. Nights next movie which I'm sure will surpass even more thrills, and thank you very much for share you talents with us all!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Sounds Cool
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2005, 07:38:53 PM »
QUOTE (professorzovibergh @ Oct 22 2005, 04:21 PM)
I first like to say hi to all the M. Night fans, for I am truly a fan, for I enjoy films books ect.. that a person or persons shares there inter talent with other, that why I join to express myself of the excitement in the anticipation of Mr. Nights next movie which I'm sure will surpass even more thrills, and thank you very much for share you talents with us all! [/quote]
 Hey Welcome,

You are in the right place, and thanks for joining us!

-Rohan

Mr. Mammal

Sounds Cool
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2005, 06:18:08 PM »
QUOTE (professorzovibergh @ Oct 22 2005, 04:21 PM)
I first like to say hi to all the M. Night fans, for I am truly a fan, for I enjoy films books ect.. that a person or persons shares there inter talent with other, that why I join to express myself of the excitement in the anticipation of Mr. Nights next movie which I'm sure will surpass even more thrills, and thank you very much for share you talents with us all! [/quote]
 Hi there.

lauralove91

• Praying with Anger

Sounds Cool
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2005, 04:08:28 PM »
   RDamo,
 You didn't really miss too much the last 2 weeks of filming. It rained A LOT on the 17th, so we couldn't really shoot anything and they let us go early. And the following Monday, they shot about one or two quick scenes and let us go early again. But what an incredible experience this was!!! Hopefully, we'll both get in the movie!!! ;)

Laura