Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania

Author Topic: Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania  (Read 6486 times)

pyramid head

• Praying with Anger

Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
« on: August 26, 2005, 11:49:03 AM »
 Check out this guy's website. This guy Robert lives in Chadds Ford, where most of The Village was filmed. He lives right near the 600 acre field where they shot the movie. He offers some local insight on the films production, plus some neat pictures he took while trespassing on the set. http://www.geocities.com/robertrodent/village.html' target='_blank'>http://www.geocities.com/robertrodent/village.html

The exact location of The Village is just off of Cossart Road in Chadds Ford, PA. Longitude -75.60712, latitude 39.83833 . Sadly, however, the village was demolished after filming was completed. I emailed Robert asking if the resting rock was actually a rock and if it was still there. He emailed me back saying that the rock was styrofoam, and it was busted up and thrown away after completion. He does have a peice of it though.

Next summer i'm driving to Chadds Ford to check out the site. Its a 17 hour drive from south florida but i can handle that. I will visit the field of course, and ill be checking out Snuff Mill Rd,  just north of
Centerville DE. Thats where they filmed the scenes of Ivy on the gravel road. They may have also refilmed that scene in New Jersy. I'm not sure which take ended up in the film.

But anyway, does anyone know of some cool infomation about the production of The Village? I still laugh when i watch the dvd, and they talk about the snow storm that almost caused them to move the whole movie to Virginia.
e found one of the suits we kept under the floorboard

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
Re: Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 11:25:45 AM »
I remember going to this website before the movie even came out. It was really interesting.

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »
I live in Virginia, it would have been so awsome if they had filmed here.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

mamasan

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 07:34:15 PM »
I remember going to this website before the movie even came out. It was really interesting.

OK, that has to be a record for the longest gap between posts... Almost four years? Wow! :P

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 01:20:05 PM »
Yeah, I like to go back and read what other people have written. It is kind of pointless responding to something that's almost four years though I suppose.

mamasan

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 07:15:01 AM »
Yeah, Mr. Glass.1 must think about The Village a lot, if he's still posting about it. Just goes to show how movies and books can get under one's skin.     :)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 01:30:13 PM »
I really like this site, even though I've been away from it for about a month, I like to go back a review old posts, keeps the site fresh.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village