The Village Really Is The Most Amazing Movie.

Author Topic: The Village Really Is The Most Amazing Movie.  (Read 1817 times)

pyramid head

• Praying with Anger

« on: August 28, 2005, 10:17:04 AM »
 I was thinking about the village recently. I actucally think about it a lot. I remember the first time i saw it at the movies and it blew me away. I saw it with my friend and we thought we were walking into a horror/monster movie and we were all ready to get the **** scared out of us. Some of the really eerie parts of the film really had an H.P. Lovecraft feel to it. There were parts where those we dont speak of really sounded like lovecraft's "the old ones". Anyway, the movie went on for the longest time without really any inciting incident. You dont really know where the movie is going to go until Noah stabs Lucious. And then the movie gets really emotional and kind of sad. One of my favorite scenes is when Mr. Walker and Ivy go for a walk to the old shed that is not to be used. It kind of confuses you and leaves you with a cliff hanger after he says "do your very best not to scream". And then Ivy goes into the woods. I still remember how i thought for sure a creature was going to pick off Chistop when he stops behind Ivy and Finton in the woods. But he just turns around and thats that. Once Finton leaves as well, it goes back to the shed scene and awnsers the question. I remember being alittle dissapointed when the secret of the creaturres was revealed. But then Ivy is attacked by one in the woods and i was like "okay, wtf?", and then she cleverly leads it to the deep pit and kills it. And then the film goes back to the village, for the first big shock of the film. I remember being in absolute aw when the Percys go into Noah's quiet room to find that he is gone, and that he "found one of the suits under the floorboards". And then it goes back to the woods and shows Noah dying in the pit. That was just amazing and definetly emotional. Your happy he is dying because he stabed Lucious and stalked Ivy, but your also sad because he really didnt know any better because he was mentally challenged and because he was just jeolous, and weve all acted on jeolousy so we can relate to that. So its tragic in that respect. Noah really did end up becoming a tragic figure. After that scene, it goes back to the human aspect of the film and stays there for the remander. You know the creatures are false and all that needs to be done now is to get to the towns and get back with medicines. Ivy gets to the hidden road, and the music starts playing, and thats when an amazing "back and forth" scene occors. The film goes back and forth from showing Ivy on the road to the Walkers in there home locking the door, taking out the box, ect. And then of couse you know what happens, and it really blows you away. All in all this is my favorite movie. All the emotional twists and turns really make you think. I prefer to think of this movie as a phsycological drama rather then a thiller. Anyway, i really like this movie. Im going to watch it now.  :D  
e found one of the suits we kept under the floorboard

afi_village

• LITW

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 07:38:51 AM »
 it's my favourite movie too!  i cry my eyes out when i watch it, or sometimes when i listen to the soundtrack.  it's just so beautiful.  to me it isn't even just a movie anymore, it's this whole emotion and lifestyle and feeling.  this movie changed my life.

i must say that i never disliked noah, i was not happy when he died, i was sad.  but his character is a bit of a mystery isn't he?  

finton coin rules.  best character by far.

OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

gonch

• Unbreakable

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 05:34:02 AM »
 Yes, the Village is truly one of the best love storys ever told in the history of cinema.

It's just a beautiful, amazing movie.

"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction