How Many Villagers Were In On It?

Author Topic: How Many Villagers Were In On It?  (Read 3642 times)

Helstrom

• Wide Awake

How Many Villagers Were In On It?
« on: September 24, 2005, 06:46:49 PM »
 I was wondering, how many of the Elders were there that were in on the secret?  It appears that there are only half a dozen couples who know the truth about The Towns and the outside world.  Yet there were a couple hundred people living in the Village, and some of the young men seemed to be older than Lucius, who we see was a baby before the Village was founded (as evidenced by the old photo the Walkers had).  I can see Walker influencing these people to drop out of society, cult-like, it just seems there were too few of them to build that population.

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
Re: How Many Villagers Were In On It?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:51:01 PM »
That's a good question, I just noticed that and was wondering the same thing.  The Elders probably from knowing a lot of people and having a lot of friends, knew their problems and they were very similar their own problems, there fore convinced them to go with them to build this new world.

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 11:12:26 PM »
it's true..this is a plot hole, indeed. at least assuming that is lucius as a baby in that photo. but we are to believe that the village is about 30 yrs old.  also, how would all those younger people have gotten there if they are not related to one of the elders?  and about there being a couple hundred people? i didnt see that many.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:21:45 AM »
I gotta watch this movie again...
ジャクソン

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »
Alright, first off, there were people that actually went off and built small communities, trying to make it their eutopia, so The Village is very possible, and very likely.  Second, there weren't a whole lot of people.  I think the entire village can be seen in any of the town hall meetings, like when they're talking about the wolves.  I can't think of anything else right now, have to see it again.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

anthonybayern

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 01:30:04 PM »
Hello everyone

Im really a great The Village fan since watching for the first time (of many) a year ago now
There is reference to how many people live in the village in the dvd extras and the figure is 108. The elders consist of original members of course as in the photo at the end of the film outside the town clinic pllus 20-25 others.
I think Noah after discovering the creature outfit by accident wanted to scare her because he couldnt have her 

anthonybayern

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 01:52:01 PM »
anybody online for a chat about this great film - the movie really has taken me by storm and in my opinion is a true masterpiece

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 09:21:41 PM »
anybody online for a chat about this great film - the movie really has taken me by storm and in my opinion is a true masterpiece

I agree.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 01:08:56 PM »
It's a great movie, maybe there are more tidbits of information in the special features.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village