Cellphone Ban?

Author Topic: Cellphone Ban?  (Read 3004 times)

Azi

• LITW

Cellphone Ban?
« on: November 08, 2005, 09:52:42 AM »
 Dear members of the Jacksonville City Council,

This letter is concerning the cellphone ban proposed during the last meeting. To state it simply, I believe the City Council's proposed ban on the use ofcellphones in privately owned businesses is unjust and unlawful because it is an infringement on personal rights, it would hurt the economy, and it is the right of the business owner to decide how to run their business. These reasons provide firm witness to why the acceptance of this proposal would severely hinder Jacksonville's social and economic development.

First of all, the imposition of a ban on the use of cellphones in privately owned business areas is an infringment on the personal rights of the cellphone owner. According to the Fourth Amendment, people have the right to be secure in their effects, otherwise stated that they have the right to use their personal property. The passing of this proposal would be a direct violation of the Fourth Amendment. Moreover, the use of a cellphone does not cause harm to surrounding persons, thus no justification is provided for the banning of their use. Cellphones are often an all too necessary commodity, as in cases of emergency. The prohibition of their use could be a threat to the well-being of many people.

To continue, the banning of cellphones in privately owned business areas would be a severe hinderance to the growth of Jacksonville's economy.

TO BE CONTINUED. DO NOT DELETE!

>Azi
It's like War of the Worlds
-Merrill, Signs

afi_village

• LITW

Cellphone Ban?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 05:04:36 AM »
 banning of cellphones???

does that sound as stupid where you live as here?  how would anyone even begin to enforce that on a community of innocent people just trying to use a decent phone???

that's just insane!
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!