Litw Looks Awesome!

Author Topic: Litw Looks Awesome!  (Read 7477 times)

mnightxphan

• Praying with Anger

Litw Looks Awesome!
« on: November 18, 2005, 08:05:56 AM »
 I saw HP4 at 12AM today and the Lady in the Water trailer is amazing. The movie honestly looks very scary indeed, and the soundtrack is similar to that of the village.cant wait.

amorgan

• Wide Awake

• http://www.theseventhdaymovie.com
Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 11:44:56 AM »
 I too saw the trailer at 12AM.  However, the music is not part of Howard's score, but instead a song called Mi Mancherai by Josh Groban.

TRAILER SPOILERS
As far as the trailer goes, I must say I was floored.  Don't expect anything flashy guys, this is possibly the most subtle trailer ever made.  But boy does it make you want to see the movie.  There are no indications whatsoever that its a shyamalan-type movie until the very end, when Cleveland sees movement in the water of the pool and Shayamalan's name appears on the screen along with a tonal change in the music.  You then hear Giamatti say "How many of you are there?"

I felt a chill down my spine.
Adam Morgan
Epiphany Pictures

gonch

• Unbreakable

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 11:49:34 AM »
 So the trailer does show some footage from the movie... interesting...

Can't wait to see it.

"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction

mnightxphan

• Praying with Anger

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 01:23:56 PM »
 no, you do hear the violin influenced score. its before that groban song.

and yeah the tag line that tells you its by m. night is

"another bedtime story by m. night shyamalan."

im completley blown away by the trailer because i didn't expect lady in the water to be a scary movie.

im beginning to think that the lady might be some sort of an evil character...

Ghanima

• Wide Awake

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 10:00:53 PM »
 I haven't seen the trailer yet...I have to wait til sunday erk!  But i don't think this movie will be scary.  Remember the village trailers?  They marketed that film completely wrong... it wasn't scary at all.  I may be way off base but it seems to me all of nights trailers are scarier than the actual movies.

mr.glass

• Praying with Anger

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 04:52:31 AM »

QUOTE (Ghanima @ Nov 18 2005, 10:00 PM)
I haven't seen the trailer yet...I have to wait til sunday erk!  But i don't think this movie will be scary.  Remember the village trailers?  They marketed that film completely wrong... it wasn't scary at all.  I may be way off base but it seems to me all of nights trailers are scarier than the actual movies.[/quote]
I tend to agree.  I think the reason The Village did'nt do so well is because people were expecting a scary movie and did'nt get one.  Personally, I don't think of any M. Night film as being scary, or the trailers either, but they are rather mysterious and suspensful.  I can see how some mistake mysterious and suspensful for scary.

I saw  the LITW trailer tonight in front of HP4 (awesome!!) and I would'nt have guessed it was a Shyamalan film until his name was posted on the screen  (probabally because I din't expect Paul Miagati in an M. Night film). Only after establishing M Night's directorship is when the teaser became mysterious, not scary, when we see a splash in the aptpartment swimming pool.

It is interesting to note that it is emphasized that this is a BEDTIME STORY.  When I think of bedtime storys, I think of fairy tales, knights, princesses, dragons, unicorns, mermaids, not things that go "bump" in the night.  After The Village, I can see the necessity for saying "a bedtime story", though I do not think it is working since many are saying the Lady in the Water looks scary.  I would say LITW looks to be more in the realm of Unbreakable, except being like a fairy tale instead of a comic book.

I think this is to be a fantastic mystical fairytale placed in an urban setting and told like only as M. Night Shyamalan can.

marco

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 05:53:45 AM »
QUOTE (mr.glass @ Nov 19 2005, 04:52 AM)
QUOTE (Ghanima @ Nov 18 2005, 10:00 PM)
I haven't seen the trailer yet...I have to wait til sunday erk!  But i don't think this movie will be scary.  Remember the village trailers?  They marketed that film completely wrong... it wasn't scary at all.  I may be way off base but it seems to me all of nights trailers are scarier than the actual movies.[/quote]
I tend to agree.  I think the reason The Village did'nt do so well is because people were expecting a scary movie and did'nt get one.  Personally, I don't think of any M. Night film as being scary, or the trailers either, but they are rather mysterious and suspensful.  I can see how some mistake mysterious and suspensful for scary.

I saw  the LITW trailer tonight in front of HP4 (awesome!!) and I would'nt have guessed it was a Shyamalan film until his name was posted on the screen  (probabally because I din't expect Paul Miagati in an M. Night film). Only after establishing M Night's directorship is when the teaser became mysterious, not scary, when we see a splash in the aptpartment swimming pool.

It is interesting to note that it is emphasized that this is a BEDTIME STORY.  When I think of bedtime storys, I think of fairy tales, knights, princesses, dragons, unicorns, mermaids, not things that go "bump" in the night.  After The Village, I can see the necessity for saying "a bedtime story", though I do not think it is working since many are saying the Lady in the Water looks scary.  I would say LITW looks to be more in the realm of Unbreakable, except being like a fairy tale instead of a comic book.

I think this is to be a fantastic mystical fairytale placed in an urban setting and told like only as M. Night Shyamalan can. [/quote]
 Yeah.This is the same reason that established the unsuccess (considering the movie I would call it a real flop)of Signs:too many people went to see it expecting only aliens,U.F.O. and a sort of documentary about the crop-circles.But the story is greater than all those things,and they couldn't appreciate it because their hopes were been crashed.
"Welcome to The Cove"

gonch

• Unbreakable

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 11:07:04 AM »
 Sixth Sense = scary

Signs = scary (not as scary as the sixth sense, tough)

The Village = slightly scary... but it's more of a love story.

Unbreakable = not scary at all

I think that LITW will be scary... but just not THAT scary.

However, I can't wait to see how he's gonna make this, and the story's gonna be excellent, as always.

Because in a Shyamalan movie, it's the whole overall story that matters, and so far, he always managed to tell some great, original stories, in his own original way.

And I can't wait to see the trailer... and Harry Potter.... yeah...

"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction

drudo182

• Praying with Anger

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 02:36:19 PM »
 'a bedtime story written and directed by m. night shyamalan'

classic.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 02:52:55 PM »
 Well, what I read above about the trailer, I am just getting more and more and more excited about this movie, I just can't wait to watch it on the huge screen.

This movie will rocky my world. And JOSH GROBAN doing the song,,wow..is it true then if it is,wow....

-Rohan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 04:36:12 PM »
 I loved the trailer, very Mysterious. It started with what appears to be a seemingly normal story, but ends so cleverly! I Loved it, I want it to be July 21st now!!!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 02:01:26 AM »
 Is the official release date still July/21/2006 or it changed?
-Rohan

Rhoq

• Praying with Anger

• http://www.nhbfreestyle.com
Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 08:32:42 AM »
 Does anyone know when the teaser trailer will be on-line? I haven't seen any of the "Harry Potter" fims, yet,  and I wouldn't want to see the new one without first watching the pervious 3 films in the series.

gonch

• Unbreakable

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 12:36:19 PM »
 The release date is still July/21/2006.

And I can't find the trailer anywhere... and I'll have to wait till next week to see Harry Potter...

Oh cruel world...

Ghanima

• Wide Awake

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 07:11:20 PM »
 I just saw the trailer today and I thought it wasn't scary at all.  Maybe because I already knew what w as going to happen...I don't know.  But quite frankly I couldn't care less if this movie is scary, I know it is going to be great.