Litw Looks Awesome!

Author Topic: Litw Looks Awesome!  (Read 7462 times)

superhellconvoy

• Wide Awake

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005, 09:15:33 PM »
 Damn right this film will rock. I have not seen the teaser, but I was an extra in the film. And I saw some creepy stuff going on. Its defenetly a dark film.

SuperKC

• Praying with Anger

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 02:30:15 PM »
 I agree. The trailer was highly effective. When I was in the theater, the audience let out a noticable gasp/ohh/ahh collective when his name popped....er... floated up at the end of the trailer.

Also, the violin-ish beginning is actually the intro to that Josh Groban song. It's not part of the score. It's right off of his Closer album.

Oh also? Hi everyone! I'm new.  

afi_village

• LITW

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 04:09:01 AM »

QUOTE (mr.glass @ Nov 19 2005, 07:52 PM)
After The Village, I can see the necessity for saying "a bedtime story", though I do not think it is working since many are saying the Lady in the Water looks scary.  [/quote]
i don't think that is the reason at all for why m night made this tagline.  he wouldn't have made a tagline saying it's a bedtime story (when it's obviously not) to make sure people don't think it's going to be scary.it's clearly not going to be a 'happy' bedtime story with princesses and fairy godmothers.  i think it's meant to be like  the two older sisters in cinderella chopping off their toes kind of a fairytail.  

i love this so much!  that trailer just draws you in and raises questions and i loved it and it was scary in a way.  i don't think that change in the music when m nights name came up at the end was to make people think this is not going to be scary!

wouldn't it be funny if parents actually took their childern to see this cause they thought from the posters it was a kids movie.

i really like the juxtaposition of the 'bedtime story' and m night shyamalan.   and i do not think that it was at all chosen for any reason to do with the village not being a huge success.  

god, i don't come on these boards for a week and i miss all the action!

hi to the new person who said hello up there!  i like new people!

EDIT: wow, i never realised the relevence of my quote before!  creepy.  i think that sums up this movie perfectly!
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

mnightxphan

• Praying with Anger

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 10:46:12 PM »
 i think the 'a bedtime story' tagline might be meant in like a playful, sarcastic way..so it might be like kinda scary/thriller type.

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 06:36:57 PM »
 Can you guys believe this that, I have seen the trailer over 26 times now, I am counting it lol, till another trailer comes out!

-Rohan

spliff_intron

• Praying with Anger

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 10:59:33 AM »
  I'm expecting to see a fairy tale breaking down the walls of reality. It won't be as much of a thriller as it will be a fantasy (or a bedtime story). But I'm positive that the climax of the film will be like The Village, very suspensful and creepy based on what I read in the synopsis.

"In "Lady in the Water," a story originally conceived by Shyamalan for his children, a modest building manager named Cleveland Heep (Paul Giamatti) rescues a mysterious young woman (Bryce Dallas Howard) from danger and discovers she is actually a narf, a character from a bedtime story who is trying to make the treacherous journey from our world back to hers. Cleveland and his fellow tenants start to realize that they are also characters in this bedtime story. As Cleveland falls deeper and deeper in love with the woman, he works together with the tenants to protect his new fragile friend from the deadly creatures that reside in this fable and are determined to prevent her from returning home."

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 08:48:57 PM »
 I don't think that "Lady In The Water" will be like "The Village" because M.Night doesn't like to repeat things again and again, because the fact is that we always saw different styles from M.Night every time.

Yes, his films are horror kind of and they are also spooky, but very in a different way and style. I am sure that "Lady In the Water" will be different kind of spooky.

Can you believe only this so far sounds really spooky "Someone Finds A Nymph Swimming In The Pool". When I heard that first time the very first time I mean, I just got goose bumps.

-Rohan

afi_village

• LITW

Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 01:46:00 AM »
QUOTE (Rohan @ Dec 11 2005, 11:48 AM)
I don't think that "Lady In The Water" will be like "The Village" because M.Night doesn't like to repeat things again and again, because the fact is that we always saw different styles from M.Night every time.

Yes, his films are horror kind of and they are also spooky, but very in a different way and style. I am sure that "Lady In the Water" will be different kind of spooky. [/quote]
 it totally agree!  it doesn't look anything like any of the others from the trailer!
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 03:49:52 PM »
QUOTE (afi_village @ Dec 13 2005, 01:46 AM)
QUOTE (Rohan @ Dec 11 2005, 11:48 AM)

Yes, his films are horror kind of and they are also spooky, but very in a different way and style. I am sure that "Lady In the Water" will be different kind of spooky. [/quote]
it totally agree!  it doesn't look anything like any of the others from the trailer! [/quote]
 Thanks,

Is there some kind of creatures that "CLEVELAND HEEP" (Paul Giamatti) saves his fragile friend "Narf" in the film from? If yes, then I wonder that what would be the creatures and how come they get gather in an swimming pool.

I mean sometimes when I think about the concept of "Lady In The Water" several kind of puzzles comes together in my mind that "how come a narf will get into the swimming pool" and in the other hand I trust Mr.Night because he would never let us down and feel that "this story is stupid".

M.Night is the only director in Hollywood that doesn't make me sad and broken heart, cause I watch other movies in theatres, but some of them comes out dull and stupid. In this case, it never happened between me and Mr.Night's films, he is just truly a masterpiece.

As far as the latest first trailer concerns, I totally love it and I have seen it about 27 times and I just can't get enough of it. I mean do you guys see those "Innocent" butterflies and the way "Paul" is cleaning the terrace fences and windows and how innocent and lonely he looks, if you guys think of ART, butterflies and Paul Giamatti's character kind of looks similar, but different living things.

Make sure that in M.Night's films all things matches and thats called ART. He has a vision of ART,FAIRYTALE world. Just can't wait for this film, I have already printed out the site "the title" and its on my room everywhere and on my film class "Folder".

God Bless You All
God Bless M.Night

-Rohan

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
Litw Looks Awesome!
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2005, 10:53:45 PM »
  :) People tend to get suspense confused with fear. I think this is why The Village gets so much crap. People see this and say "OMG MONSTERS! THATS GONNA SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ME!" Where Night was only introducing the fact that there are "monsters" in the movie. And trust me people. I saw this movie multiple times in the theatres, and everytime the camera pans around the tree to reveal a "monster" I heard a slight scream. Obviously some people were scared. But only because of the SUSPENSE.So I wish the haters would stop trying to label this as a scarry movie. The first thing I realized that made my jaw drop was that The Village gave people that uneasy feeling over "nothing". It showed me that we are all too easily scared...no matter who tries to deny it. I know I'm not getting at much but I felt I needed to rant.   :)  

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42