M. Night Shyamalan Referances

Author Topic: M. Night Shyamalan Referances  (Read 9113 times)

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: M. Night Shyamalan Referances
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 04:40:07 PM »
Scary movie 3...  plenty of shyamalan references..6th sense mostly..and then signs in scary movie 4 was a BIG part.

and this book:
The Village
by Bill Cassada
In 2004, a film entitled "The Village," written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was released into theaters across the country.  The film contained a story line that explored the dynamics of a small sequestered agrarian village and the aggregate fears of its inhabitants.  Categorized as a political allegory, and viewed by critics as a psychological thriller dressed up as a folk tale, the story of "The Village" provides a strangely metaphorical connection to the modern day church and its attendant "church service," the character of which is curiously similar to what M. Night Shyamalan created in his story.

In his book "The Village," Bill compares today's institutional church to Shayamalan's Village. Is it possible that our churches, our revered and time-honored institutions, are nothing more than intellectually  fabricated temples, wrought from the mind of man, and like "The Village," hold us all in check by humanly-manufactured rules and rituals that came from the mind of man and not from God?

"...Following Shyamalan's story line to a "T," in churches today we have substituted yellow, the color of cowardice and the opposite of courage -- as our modern-day color-coded religious strategy.  Finding the real blood of Christ too powerful a substance to deal with, we substitute a man-made doctrine instead. We have replaced the life-giving red blood of Christ with the cowardly yellow color of seeker-sensitivity.  We have truly become gutless wonders who cannot face up to the truth that "the life is in the blood," and not in our intellectually conceived or humanly-fashioned golden calves..."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 05:19:32 PM by Namaste »
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 01:46:49 PM »
In an episode from According to Jim,Jim spoilers the ending of The 6th Sense to Andy  :D
"Welcome to The Cove"

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 04:40:31 PM »
M. Night actually appears in season 11 of South Park. Episode 10: Imaginationland.

Real funny!
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 10:12:27 PM »
I just saw an M night reference on Oprah today. Rosario Dawson was talking about reading the script for "7 pounds" and said she was hoping it wouldnt have a twist ending like a shyamalan movie that leaves you disappointed.  :x
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 12:56:41 PM »
I just saw an M night reference on Oprah today. Rosario Dawson was talking about reading the script for "7 pounds" and said she was hoping it wouldnt have a twist ending like a shyamalan movie that leaves you disappointed.  :x

Rosario Dawson said that? As a joke or she was serious.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 09:19:06 PM »
I think she was serious      :-\

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 06:34:44 PM »
too bad Seven Pounds was one of the worst movies I have ever seen -- it could have used a M. Night twist.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 07:35:00 AM »
too bad Seven Pounds was one of the worst movies I have ever seen -- it could have used a M. Night twist.

bahahhaa, Drmalcom was hoping for an m night twist by the end

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »
The guy next to me fell asleep and starting snoring. His girlfriend had to wake him up several times and say "baby, youre snoring"

He looked over at me once with a "help me get out of this freakin' theater now!" look.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009, 12:51:09 PM »
We can breath in space,

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 11:47:31 AM »
Somehow, you can't view them outside the US. Sucks!
We can breath in space,

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 05:41:08 PM »
Somehow, you can't view them outside the US. Sucks!
What a twist!