Lady In The Water Book

Author Topic: Lady In The Water Book  (Read 3760 times)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Lady In The Water Book
« on: December 18, 2005, 07:13:42 PM »
 Once again, im playing safe by posting this here.

on Amazon.com there is a hardcover book called "Lady in the Water" written by...................

M. Night Shyamalan.

yeah.

It's 72 pages and has a suggested reading age of 4-8.
Maybe its a kid movie after all. Plus it has a release date set for July 1st. The movie is scheduled for release until the 21st. So it my not have a twist ending, or else the book would give it away.

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
Lady In The Water Book
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 10:41:19 PM »
 You may be right. But how can we tell with Night? This may be some elaborate plan of his...don't put it past him. Or you could be right. Who knows... :ph34r:  

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

mimefingers

Lady In The Water Book
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 05:18:50 PM »
QUOTE (Dr.Hill42 @ Dec 18 2005, 09:41 PM)
You may be right. But how can we tell with Night? This may be some elaborate plan of his...don't put it past him. Or you could be right. Who knows... :ph34r: [/quote]
 Ditto.

Ceverie

• Wide Awake

• http://ceveri.livejournal.com
Lady In The Water Book
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 09:30:19 PM »
 I remember seeing that a couple weeks ago and getting upset because there wasn't a picture of it. But it's set for July 1st.
Hmm. It shall be mine.

But what I'm wondering is whether or not he'd actually give away the movie's ending in the book. That'd seem sort of... a waste...?
elly Sheridan likes the paper aisle -- A joke that has gone on long enough.

spikeshinizle

• The Sixth Sense

Lady In The Water Book
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 10:14:29 PM »
 Night has interesting ways of marketing.  I have a feeling this could be a different story that connects to the film.  Perhaps it is a story involving 'Story' in her world, like it serves as something that lets you know a little before you see the film.  Also, it could involve Paul's character Cleeveland becuase all of the tenants realise they are in a story as well....I am really interested to see what kind of book it is and what its about.  Rest assure that it wont give away the ending for the film.  I dont know for certain of course but....well there it is.

MasikaRain

• Praying with Anger

Lady In The Water Book
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 03:33:33 PM »
 I want to buy this book (will have to go through Amazon, no book stores seem to sell it around here) and I was watching an interview with Night. He said it wasn't the story of the movie, but rather the story Cleveland hears from the Korean lady, basically the bedtime story as Night told it to his kids.  I'm even more excited because it has illustrations from my hero and favorite creature designer Crash McCreery.
errill: They should be playing furry furry rabbit or tea party or something.
Graham: What's furry furry rabbit?
Merrill: It's a game, isn't it?

okokokok

• LITW

Lady In The Water Book
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 08:07:18 PM »
 I just read this book at the book store today and you're right.  It's only the story the woman tells in the movie, only much less detailed.  It's neat because the book is more suggestive of this happening anywhere, to anyone, where the movie feels more like a one time event, if that makes sense.

MasikaRain

• Praying with Anger

Lady In The Water Book
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 07:09:36 PM »
 Ooh, I know! i just bought it today (yay found it at Borders!) and it is amazingly cool.  Crash is an amazing illustrator and the story is very simple yet stunningly cool.  

And I agree wit you, okokokok about it happening anywhere.  It made me wish I had a pool so that it could happen to me... :lol:

Anywho, cool story, Night! you rock!
errill: They should be playing furry furry rabbit or tea party or something.
Graham: What's furry furry rabbit?
Merrill: It's a game, isn't it?

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
Lady In The Water Book
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 10:59:41 AM »
I babysat this weekend for a 7 year old and read the book to her and she loved it.  However, now she thinks there's someone living under her pool and not quite sure how gonna explain that one to her parents. :wink:

I hope Night decides to write another children's book.  That would be pretty awesome.
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Lady In The Water Book
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 02:05:13 PM »
Maya so the kid thinks there is someone in the pool. That's awesome lol ahaha. Well, I wish someone comes to my backyard, there is no pool though lol. At least an scrunt appears I will be happy, god I love those creatures.

-Rohan