I've Done Some Thinking....

Author Topic: I've Done Some Thinking....  (Read 2675 times)

Wags

• The Happening

« on: January 27, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
 I was doing some thinking these past few days, and I think I've come to a rather grim conclusion.  I think that no matter how great we find Lady in the Water to be, it will be panned by critics.  I don't know, maybe this is just a temporary mindset I am in right now, but after reading the Aint it Cool "review", and then reading the postings by some people, I just think that peoples minds are already closed off to this movie, which is sad.  But this is just something that has been heavy on my mind as of late, and I guess Im just looking for others' opinions.  Of course, though, I hope and pray I am wrong, and this is all just pre-film jitters.

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 02:46:22 PM »
QUOTE (Wags @ Jan 27 2006, 02:08 PM)
I was doing some thinking these past few days, and I think I've come to a rather grim conclusion.  I think that no matter how great we find Lady in the Water to be, it will be panned by critics.  I don't know, maybe this is just a temporary mindset I am in right now, but after reading the Aint it Cool "review", and then reading the postings by some people, I just think that peoples minds are already closed off to this movie, which is sad.  But this is just something that has been heavy on my mind as of late, and I guess Im just looking for others' opinions.  Of course, though, I hope and pray I am wrong, and this is all just pre-film jitters. [/quote]
 I actually read your post about your "thinking" twice and I understand that in what kind of condition your thoughts and mind is. First of all, I am still not sure if that "review" is true or fake.

Lets take it for example if its true : That review was saying "spoilers" it wasn't a review because basically what a review means is that "the reviewer" must actually bring up all things a director, actors has done in the movie. Aintitcool.Com review never brought up any kind of spotlight on the director's work or either the actors performances, whether they are good or not.

Basically the REVIEW was more "SPOILER" it spoiled the movie if their review is true and its not fake.

And if its fake, which I hope so and also I don't believe in them even if they claim their review is right because M.night Shyamalan first of all is not an stupid director every time he brings us a movie that movie is perfect in every scene and till date all his movies are perfect.

You know I personally e-mail that person who  actually review the movie and I was saying that "you had no such an right" to spoil a movie before even it comes out and I also told him that you just want to earn money or some members for that website.

So basically they want the movie to get TRASHY reviews before comes out and after it hits the theatres in this summer and that really pisses me off badly.

I can say this here that "when the movie comes out" I am sure everyone will rush and right now I am waiting for its second trailor cause in the second trailor I am sure there will be some new things from M.Night that will make people run to watch this movie.

And also keep it in mind that "everytime a director makes a movie" he/she learns from past mistakes and if there are any kind of mistakes M.Night found in "The Village" he would make it correct for his next project and which is LADY IN THE WATER.

And the best thing is WHY HE CHOSE TO MOVE TO AN BIGGER STUDIO LIKE "WARNER BROS" AND WHY WARNER BROS ACCEPTED M.NIGHT, CAUSE THERE IS SOMETHING UNIQUE IN HIS SCRIPT THIS TIME.

And you said that "peoples mind are already closed off to this movie" I kind of agree "if their review was real" and also since I don't believe them and I trust M.Night I would say that "after second trailor" those peoples mind which are closed off, their minds will open and they will be looking forward to watch it.

Believe me! M.Night has become an habit for audience. His movies must come and must be watch. Because when I was in theatre to watch "I ROBOT" the trailors were playing before the movie starts and the last trailor was "THE VILLAGE" as soon as it starts,,,  ALL PEOPLE IN THAT DARK ROOM were saying "WOOH WOOH WOOH" I am watching this.

And when I was watching "THE VILLAGE" when the title came,,all people were doing this "Hmmmmmmmmm" and they were smiling and laughing" cause everytime M.Night comes with SPINE CHILLING.

LADY IN THE WATER is spooky believe me! M.Night will never stop scaring US!

Thats all I have to say!
-ROHAN

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 04:24:19 PM »
 Think of Brokeback Mountain, how many people (civilians i mean) are really up to the idea of seeing a movie about homosexual cowboys? Not very many I would say. And just look at all the publicity and praise its getting. Obviously it all depends on who reviews it first. I'm sure if a good reviewer sees Lady and gives it astonishing reviews most likey the half @$# critics will follow suite, because thats their job. I have alot of respect for alot of critics. But I have very little for a few. If people are going to bash this movie, it's going to be the first critic who starts it. If this movie is worthy of great praise and excitement, it will get it. And so far I'm not worried.

(Please excuse my language...I did censor myself  :lol: )

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 05:56:40 PM »
 You are right Dr.Hill42,,,
We need just a PERFECT solid positive review and don't worry we will get it.

-Rohan

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 01:06:53 PM »
 Haha Rohan, I admire your posotivity. But I have to agree!

~Dr.Hill42

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 03:59:57 PM »
 LOL!

You know I was thinking that the next trailor for the LADY would be screened with "16 Blocks" or probably with some other upcoming film by Warner Bros.

-Rohan

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 08:43:09 PM »
 Do you know when thats coming out?

~Dr.Hill42

afi_village

• LITW

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 02:50:50 AM »
 hi everyone!

i just wanted to say that i totally agree with the first post.  the odds are that most critics will not like lady in the water.  look at the reviews the village got...i think that the critics are closed minded about any m night movie because they are always comparing them to the cultural explotion of the sixth sense.

but does it really matter what critics say?  it doesn't change the quality or experience for us right?

OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 08:41:22 PM »
QUOTE (Dr.Hill42 @ Jan 28 2006, 08:43 PM)
Do you know when thats coming out? [/quote]
 16 Blocks will be out on March 3 and here is the link to its official website and make sure that trailor opens on the page automatically.

http://www2.warnerbros.com/16blocks/index.html' target='_blank'>http://www2.warnerbros.com/16blocks/index.html

Starring : Bruce Willis

And as I said that LADY IN THE WATER trailor might be shown with the opening of 16 Blocks thats just my idea, I am not sure and who knows they may show the already existed trailor of LADY IN THE WATER, or could be a new one.

-Rohan

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 08:45:34 PM »
QUOTE (afi_village @ Jan 29 2006, 02:50 AM)
hi everyone!

i just wanted to say that i totally agree with the first post.  the odds are that most critics will not like lady in the water.  look at the reviews the village got...i think that the critics are closed minded about any m night movie because they are always comparing them to the cultural explotion of the sixth sense.

but does it really matter what critics say?  it doesn't change the quality or experience for us right? [/quote]
 Well, it doesn't matter what critics say, critics are just happened to be a MOVIE CHEERLEADER sometimes they are positive and sometimes they are negative.

A MOVIE in my opinion must be perfect in the making and perfect in performances and its your own heart's decision to watch it or not in the theatre or wait for it on DVD/VHS.

And critics I really don't go what critics says usually, I just watch "THE NEW WORLD" I have to say it, its beautiful, meaningful and a masterpiece and critics are raving on tv spots and on magazines about it and some may trash it.

Lady In The Water : Will Over Come All The Odds and So as M.Night.

-rohan

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 11:16:45 PM »
 I'm not worried about how much money this movie makes, I just want a story that will move me like the Village did...But I would really like Night to get some recognition. He deserves it.

~Dr.Hill42

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 04:30:26 PM »
QUOTE (Dr.Hill42 @ Jan 29 2006, 11:16 PM)
I'm not worried about how much money this movie makes, I just want a story that will move me like the Village did...But I would really like Night to get some recognition. He deserves it. [/quote]
 Yep M.Night deserves rocognition.
-Rohan