His Score For Freedomland

Author Topic: His Score For Freedomland  (Read 2026 times)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
His Score For Freedomland
« on: February 16, 2006, 10:04:34 PM »
 As some of you may know, James Newton Howard is the composer for the new thriller coming out this week entitled Freedomland. I personaly have no real interest in seeing this movie other than for its score. But it does look like it is trying to be a knock-off shyamalan, at least sort of. It a thriller about a missing boy that looks like it has a lot of plot twists. I recently saw a clip of it on the ESPN show ColdPizza, and the music was immediately recognizable as James Newton Howard. I only heard a short bit, but it was these soft piano chords simular to the ones in Unbreakable and parts of Signs.
Needless to say I want to hear the rest of the score, and I hope its cool. I can't wait to see which direction James goes in with Lady in the Water!!

1.21 Gigawatts

• Wide Awake

Re: His Score For Freedomland
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »
His music was great in that movie, but I also seemed to love every other thing about it. It seems like a normal thriller, but the characters are so rich and interestind and different, its a great film. Very emotional.
~ "If the rule you followed brought you to this, what good is the rule?" ~

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: His Score For Freedomland
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 03:15:53 PM »
Yea, I need to get that soundtrack, I have heard bits of it and it is really good.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village