Twice Is Nice

Author Topic: Twice Is Nice  (Read 2017 times)

The Real Mr.Glass

• Wide Awake

Twice Is Nice
« on: February 19, 2006, 10:24:26 PM »
 Why do you think M. night works with one of his major role actors twice. Is it to get to know them more? or it just has to do with studios wanting the same actors.

i.e. Bruce Willis (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable)
Joaquin Phoenix (Signs, The Village)
Bryce Dallas Howard (the Village, Lady in the water)

I'm sure by now M. Night has a lot of creative freedom into choosing his actors. That's probably why he left Touchtone, and went for Warner Brothers.

f

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Twice Is Nice
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 02:58:44 PM »
 I think its something a lot of good directors do for some reason. Sometimes it turns out good, i.e. Alfred Hitchcock and James Stewart. Sometimes it gets old fast i.e. Tim Burton and Johnny Depp. I think a lot of times directors and actors reach a certain level of communication were they know what one another needs and wants, thus making the process much easier. Shyamalan probably operates on this level, but I do think part of it is him trying to create a trademark or signature. I like it.

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
Twice Is Nice
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 09:16:43 PM »
 I'd say it has something to do with the overall skill and unique vibe that person gives to the screen that the particular director is specifically looking for.

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

G3xmeister

• Wide Awake

• Personal Text
    Villager.
    • Larsson & Nordahl
Twice Is Nice
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 04:57:39 PM »
 I think it's because they're not only good actors, but also because he knows that he's gonna get a very good performance. And as long as it doesn't get all Tim Burton-Johnny Depp-like, It's okay. I love Tim Burton and his movies, but he doesn't have to put Depp in every friggin' one!
"Everyone has secrets. Life would be boring without secrets, don't you think?"

MNightFan430

• The Village

Twice Is Nice
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 06:06:15 PM »
 He left Disney for other reasons...
See...tell him to see...  Tell Merrill to swing away.