Bryce Was Underpaid?

Author Topic: Bryce Was Underpaid?  (Read 2277 times)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Bryce Was Underpaid?
« on: March 01, 2006, 06:42:18 PM »
 This is really apropos of nothing but there's a pretty interesting article/expose over at The Smoking Gun right now about movie budgets. They focus on the movies of M. Night Shyamalan presumably for no other reason than it was a series of contracts and budgets they could get their hands on. I found it a fascinating read looking at exactly what goes into making THE VILLAGE a $70 million-plus movie.

Whatever it was, it certainly wasn't the salary of star Bryce Dallas Howard who was paid a paltry $150,000 for her services (co-stars Joaquin Phoenix and Adrien Brody, on the other hand, were paid $5 million and $3 million for their services, respectively). Shyamalan himself wasn't paid much for his directing skills getting paid scale but was compensated $2,500,000 for producing and $7,200,000 for the "story rights."

In addition to THE VILLAGE budget, which runs a whopping 80-some pages, they also feature excerpts from the SIXTH SENSE, UNBREAKABLE and SIGNS budgets. Check out all the good stuff here if you've got the time. It's a nice look at the haves and have nots of Hollywood when you see that Mel Gibson's "jet allowance" through the filming of SIGNS was more than what was paid Haley Joel Osment to star in THE SIXTH SENSE...

source: Joblo.com and Thesmokinggun.com

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Bryce Was Underpaid?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 08:49:39 PM »
 anyone else find this stuff interesting?

Wags

• The Happening

Bryce Was Underpaid?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 11:34:55 AM »
 One thing I always found interesting was on the DVD behind the scenes featurette (SPOILERS?) was the original design of the creatures, and how they changed their appearance.  Which I was glad about, because that original look looked fake as heck.

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
Bryce Was Underpaid?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 03:54:34 PM »
 yeah, i laughed sooo hard when i saw that thing. I LOVED the design of the new creatures though. The red cape was amazing!

afi_village

• LITW

Bryce Was Underpaid?
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 10:07:24 PM »
 i was laughing too!  i think the funniest part was when they were like 'then the biggest thing for us was that in the new design they wear RED!!!'  and they're getting all excited about it!

to werebear:  i love your quote!  it's seriously almost making me cry thinking about it!
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

turke

• Praying with Anger

Bryce Was Underpaid?
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 09:07:02 AM »
 Actually it is not that interesting about the financial thingy, because the more reputation you have, the more you get paid. That is the rule. I am sure Bryce Dallas is getting much more in LITW, than she got in the Village.