The Chairs

Author Topic: The Chairs  (Read 2658 times)

nutsaboutnight

• Praying with Anger

The Chairs
« on: March 02, 2006, 10:51:56 PM »
 Upon seeing this movie again, I wonder what the significance of the rocking chairs being shown is.  Once after Lucius and Ivy are talking on the porch it pans over to an empty rocking chair.  Then after the scene after Lucius gets stabbed by Noah, it cuts to an empty rocking chair in the field.  These scenes were put in there for a reason, but why?  I can't figure it out.

outofstepwiththeworld

• Praying with Anger

The Chairs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 07:51:24 PM »
 Very interesting, I noticed that. I'm not sure what the significance was
but I'm sure theres some meaning in Night showing the empty chair
ometimes we do not do things we want to do so that others do not know we want to do them.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
The Chairs
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 12:23:42 AM »
 I think M. Night might have explained the importance in the movie. It was Edward Walkers chair, it where he was sitting when he found out Ivy was blind. Ed Walker explains this to Ivy as she sits on the chair before see departs into the woods.
any corrections? i dont know, its been over a year since i've seen it.

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
The Chairs
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 11:37:40 AM »
 yeah...i think it is a reminder to the Walker's. That  bad things still happen there.

afi_village

• LITW

The Chairs
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 10:13:50 PM »
 i always thought it was foreboding bad times ahead or something, like when ivy became blind.  

but then there's also the thought that through her being blind she became more 'pure', so it could have something to do with that, after the balcony scene it is showing their 'pure love', ivy's last moments of purity before she gets tainted by the outside world...unless i'm just going off on some crazy rant...

there's also the shot after the party of the random chair on it's side...it is on it's side, like wounded innocence or something...
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

MNightFan430

• The Village

The Chairs
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 08:49:46 PM »
 I think there is really no meaning just a cool element to add in a movie.  An empty chair can be freaky!
See...tell him to see...  Tell Merrill to swing away.

Punkyviolin

• Praying with Anger

The Chairs
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 04:20:55 PM »
  :huh: I will pay closer attention to this when I view this piece again.  I saw it last night on Starz cable TV.

Did anyone also noticed that Noah (Adrian B.) was sitting on the rocking chair when his parents found him with "...quarts of blood..." on him?
YIKES - the rocker from H E double toothpicks
!!!
:blink:  
img src='http://latefilm.com/images/M.Night.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' />U gotta luv him!