Vanishing Women In Signs

Author Topic: Vanishing Women In Signs  (Read 9126 times)

HiddenTruth

• Praying with Anger

Vanishing Women In Signs
« on: April 12, 2006, 12:14:06 AM »
 When the sheriff is talking to the hero she says some crazy women came staggering into a bar screaming and making a big mess then staggered out and had not been seen since.

It is not mentioned in the movie but I strongly think the aliens got the women and that was why she was not ever seen again. If the aliens needed food who better to grab then someone that no one knew who they where or would be looking for. If the aliens had been in the area for days scouting they would know who everyone was and who would be missed.

Azi

• LITW

Vanishing Women In Signs
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 11:04:58 AM »
 That could be.. maybe they were spitting on the skateboards too.

>Azi
>>What happened to my avatar?
It's like War of the Worlds
-Merrill, Signs

I have a sixth sense

• Praying with Anger

Vanishing Women In Signs
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 05:47:19 PM »
 lol yer maybe i think maybe they might have just liked her coz she was drunk....the alcohol in the blood maybe got them drunk...lol :lol:  
img src='http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/jowyatthalliwell/iseedeadpeople.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
xXsixth sense forever Xx
like my banner? i take requests...email me..jowyatthalliwell@hotmail.co.uk

Vanishing Women In Signs
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:52:36 PM »
LOL! Drunk aliens... not good.  :lol:  

I'd never thought about what happened to that lady. Interesting.

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Vanishing Women In Signs
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 02:08:47 PM »
I like when M.Night in his movies makes their characters to share some short meaningful stories. Like in SIGNS, officers tells story what happens in town.

The Village, they have their stories how their loved ones died.

I love it.

Vanishing Women In Signs
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 10:10:06 PM »
Yeah... his movies have such depth and reality. Oh, don't forget the stories Graham tells about Bo and Morgan (and, in the deleted scenes, Merrill)! I really like that part.  :mrgreen:

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Vanishing Women In Signs
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 02:58:07 PM »
Quote from: "Marrim"
Yeah... his movies have such depth and reality. Oh, don't forget the stories Graham tells about Bo and Morgan (and, in the deleted scenes, Merrill)! I really like that part.  :mrgreen:

Yep you are right. When he tells story for BO and Morgan. Unfortunatly I don't have SIGNS dvd, I had on VHS,,,,, no time to buy the DVD....  

Rohan

MrStone

• LITW

Re: Vanishing Women In Signs
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 10:50:58 PM »
When the sheriff is talking to the hero she says some crazy women came staggering into a bar screaming and making a big mess then staggered out and had not been seen since.

It is not mentioned in the movie but I strongly think the aliens got the women and that was why she was not ever seen again. If the aliens needed food who better to grab then someone that no one knew who they where or would be looking for. If the aliens had been in the area for days scouting they would know who everyone was and who would be missed.

I always thought of it as something like lunatic-type behavior.  The dog went crazy on Bo..same with the woman.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 09:27:49 AM »
I had always thought it was just a person used to further the story, I had never thought about her dissapearing.  If that was the point then I think she did go somewhat crazy, she operated on a more baser level, kind of like a dog operates, not to bash her or anything, and then the presence of the aliens kind of drove her over the edge.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 11:43:09 PM »
wasn't it a man who was acting crazy in town?

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 09:49:35 AM »
No, it was like "old Mrs. Hendleman", the way officer Pasky said it, it was like everybody knew who she was, that was the woman spitting on the skateboards.  Then there was the other woman who had just shown up in town, and then kind of dissapeared.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »
I think she just moved right on through town. Shyamalan may have used the opportunity to illustrate the irrational reasoning people follow based on their fear of the unknown. She was a stranger in town, strange things were going on, she was acting strangely so IS MUST BE CONNECTED! it's always the out of towner..it can't possibly be our fault. They just needed a scapegoat, and who better than the stranger from out of town? I mean look at the convoluted logic the police officer uses to get them to consider it might have been a woman jumping up on their roof. this is not solid detective work.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 06:27:41 PM »
Oh and this also appears again in the happening when people start blaming the government and coming up with all kinds of conspiracy theories. The scapegoat mentality..the separation of us and them.."this is my chance to prove that my irrational fears about certain types of people are valid".
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 05:49:55 AM »

I always thought of it as something like lunatic-type behavior.  The dog went crazy on Bo..same with the woman.

Shyamalan often adds small details that are sometimes just a bit of talk or sentence or two that, later in the movie, can clear up some part of story, kind of, making an argument to the given point in eventing. Women is that small detail.
Manoj Night Shyamalan is Charles Baudelaire of movie art. That is non-deniable. Baudelaire's value is non-deniable.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 02:01:54 PM »
Namaste, the scapegoat idea is quite common, because people don't want to take responsibility themselves.