The Documentary

Author Topic: The Documentary  (Read 1776 times)

sheetalp999

• Praying with Anger

The Documentary
« on: April 16, 2006, 04:57:43 PM »
 Hey guyz, I'm Sheetal from Mumbai, India.....I just wanted to share my views on this documentary on Mr Shyamalan.....I just saw this doc tonite and couldn't stop myself from looking for that stupid website.... its all a hoax....of all things, i wonder why they had to target Mr Shyamalan for such a filthy joke.....looks like not many are happy with his success!! anyways, i'm happy to be a part of this community....take care all and God Bless!!

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
The Documentary
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 09:17:41 PM »
 Hi Sheetal, welcome!

M. Night was in on the whole thing. It was his idea.

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
The Documentary
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 04:27:54 PM »
 yeah man...welcome.
i guess that they played it at first that it was a real doc., but before the premiere the sci-fi channel came forward saying it was made up and m. night was the mastermind.

it was so enteraining though...

DeezNuts222

• Praying with Anger

The Documentary
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 06:55:11 AM »
 I was disappointed that they admitted that it was a hoax.  It it were me, and I was M. Night, and I had some special powers where I could speak with and see the dead, I might be a little secretive about my special gift and would probably do the same and release a statement saying it was a hoax.

On the other hand, if I was M. Night and I was just an ordinary director of movies and had no supernatural gifts, I might endorse this documentary to create a buzz about my life and work so I could make more $$$$$.

If it was a total hoax, then how much of the documentary was fact and how much was fiction?  I know they certainly put some facts in the film.  Johnny Depp's Interview seemed pretty genuine and believable.  The teenagers waiting at M. Night's gates seemd a bit quacky but who knows.  The film was pretty factual about his early life, where he was born, where he grew up..etc.  One fact that I think I would like to know for sure is if he actually fell through the frozen pond when he was 10 and was supposedly dead for 35 minutes.

At the very least, the mockumentary/dockumentary had a certain entertainment value and was worth 3 hours of my night.