Favorite Shots?

Author Topic: Favorite Shots?  (Read 8055 times)

visitorkyle97

• Wide Awake

SIGNS visitor
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 07:12:52 PM »
in SIGNS; alien on the roof. [from Bo's bedroom].

marco

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
Favorite Shots?
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 02:22:57 PM »
I literally love the shot from The 6th Sense where you see the print of Cole's hand on the table...it explains you everthing.
"Welcome to The Cove"

dan_arbro

• Wide Awake

• http://dan-arbro.deviantart.com/
    • Email
Favorite Shots?
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 01:24:10 PM »
The shot I love is in "Lady in the Water" when the Interpreter (son of crossword puzzle man) is reading the cereal boxes in that tiny room. It's such a nifty shot (tied with that - in Lady in the Water - ) are the series of shots and almost a montage like sequence when Story is in the shower and dictating her answers to the other characters while Cleveland is sitting on the floor with a coffee! SOO GOOD>!!
"...your book will be the seeds of many of his great thoughts. They will be the seeds of change. "

dan_arbro

• Wide Awake

• http://dan-arbro.deviantart.com/
    • Email
Favorite Shots?
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 01:24:46 PM »
The shot I love is in "Lady in the Water" when the Interpreter (son of crossword puzzle man) is reading the cereal boxes in that tiny room. It's such a nifty shot (tied with that - in Lady in the Water - ) are the series of shots and almost a montage like sequence when Story is in the shower and dictating her answers to the other characters while Cleveland is sitting on the floor with a coffee! SOO GOOD>!!
"...your book will be the seeds of many of his great thoughts. They will be the seeds of change. "

Wags

• The Happening

Favorite Shots?
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 11:43:24 PM »
I love how his movies are shot too much to pick one, but here is one of my favorites:

In Lady in the Water, when Cleveland carries Story out, and then he turns and we see the Scrunt slowly creep towards them.  Just the sight of seeing the Scrunt slowly come out of the fog, along with that eerie music that had that music box sort of jingle.  It just really felt that at that moment, the movie started shifting more into the fantasy realm of the Blue World, and was just awesome in general.

I really wish that little piece of music made it onto the CD Soundtrack, even if it was just brief.

Unbroken

Re: Favorite Shots?
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 12:32:56 PM »
Dang. It's hard to pick....

Signs: The shattered glass, broken baseball bat, books and videos scattered about the room after Merrill defeats the alien. It looks very poetic the way the camera sweeps by with the music playing.

The Village: The reflection on the stream of Ivy wearing the safe color as she returns to the village, just like the reflection in the beginning of the beast in the bad color. It's sort of symbolic of how the fears of the woods have been overcome, and the evil cleansed in a strange sort of way.
Ivy and Noah running to the rock is a good one too.

Lady in the Water: The napkins being blown about by the wind from the oncoming storm. It helps put the mood in perspective very well.

Unbreakable: David walking among the smashed remains of the train wreck at night in that dark building. The shots of shattered blue windows against the blackness of the environment is pretty cool.

The Sixth Sense: When the shots are alternating from Malcom leaning against the wall in the stairway to him laying on his bed dying. The way they overlap and converge seamlessly makes it feel like he's only just been killed, even though we saw it happen two hours ago.

I've got plenty more but I won't hog them all.

--- It's alright to be afraid, David. Because this part won't be like a comic book. Real life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it. ---

swingaway

• Wide Awake

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 03:03:03 PM »
The second is when Merril goes up the stairs to check the house after the invasion and the camera is set at the bottom looking up.  What is so cool about it is how the window at the top of the stairs has a piece of wood covering it, and designs of moons and stars are cut out of it, symbolising the alien invasion.

I just realized for the 1st time today when I watched, that the wood covering the window was wood from the roof of the play set.  You can see at the end when they are in the yard with Morgan that some of the play set wood had been taken to board up the house.  That window had always intrigued me (wonderful shot full of symbolism as Fan430 said), but seemed strangely out of place -that would be why  ;D

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 08:35:56 AM »
My favorite shots from each movie
The Sixth Sense-(Spoiler Warning) when Malcome Crowe finds out that he is dead, the look on his face of just pain, and sadness, and horror at what's happened, and then juxtaposed with that is when he sits down and talks to his wife and he is at peace-great
Unbreakable-When Elijah Price falls down the stairs, ouch, the pain, you can feel it, and the camera is sliding down with him, and the glass cane breaks and shatters, and then you see upside down, the shot of the guy in the camo jacket jumping, and Elijah sees the gun
Signs-The scene were Merill and Graham are talking on the couch after watching the TV and talking about their beliefs-profound scene, very tense yet simple-this is it the end of the world is coming what is most important to you kinda feeling
The Village-The scene after the creatures come into the village and it is at night and Ivy and Lucius are sitting on the front porch, backlit by the ground and mist in the background-beautiful
Lady In The Water-Most people's favorite shot, from under the water, the rippling effect, you see Story and then she is picked up by the great eatlon, the music, the culmination, and the shot, combined with the lighting just make that a terrific shot
There you go, those are mine
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village