Midnight Was Worth It!

Author Topic: Midnight Was Worth It!  (Read 8394 times)

MNightFan430

• The Village

Midnight Was Worth It!
« on: July 21, 2006, 02:25:19 AM »
 I just got back from watching "Lady in the Water" and all I have to say is WOW!!!  Every M. Night fan is in for a treat!  I absolutely loved it!  I can't wait for all of you guys to see it!  My sister doesn't really care for Shyamalan, but she really enjoyed this film!  That has good signs wriiten all over it!  :lol:  

The music was amazing!  The shots were amazing!  Everything was amazing!  Bring on the DVD!!!

After everyone has watched it please, PLEASE, tell us what you think!!!  :D  
See...tell him to see...  Tell Merrill to swing away.

MNightFan430

• The Village

Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 02:26:51 AM »
 Also, it's worth seeing twice!!!  :lol:

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 10:40:26 AM »
 Thank you, that heightens my moral going into this one! 12:00 noon can't come soon enough!!!!

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

Wags

• The Happening

Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 01:36:16 PM »
 Just got back from a very early screening (and by early I mean I had to set an alarm to wake up).

And this is by no means a movie that deserves the killing it is getting by the critics.  I won't say the critics "didnt get it", but I do feel they got over-zealous in their remarks.

M Night's role in the film is not as monumental as they made it out to be.  Yes, his character is important , but it's not like he was fighting the scrunts bare-chested with a magical sword while riding a giant tiger.  He was just an ordinary writer.

The thing that threw some people I went with for a loop was that this is not a regular Shyamalan movie.  Which I find refreshing.  Yes, there are moments of suspense/tension, but nothing like we have come to known.  

There are a few things I wish he would have elaborated on a bit more, and perhaps a little more exposition about some of the tenants (Mr. Leeds especially), but this was a pretty good film, and I enjoyed myself a lot.

Ceverie

• Wide Awake

• http://ceveri.livejournal.com
Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 03:20:04 PM »
 I just got back from watching. Have no time to type up a full review but I will say this:

I thought the movie was very inspirational, it actually had me crying at the end. The score was of course beautiful, and...
I just loved everything about it.
elly Sheridan likes the paper aisle -- A joke that has gone on long enough.

Sri HK

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 03:26:02 PM »
 Yay....me planin for it this evening.

:)
What you see isn't always what u get.

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 09:39:55 PM »
QUOTE (Wags @ Jul 21 2006, 01:36 PM)
Yes, his character is important , but it's not like he was fighting the scrunts bare-chested with a magical sword while riding a giant tiger.  
 [/quote]
 lol, now that'd be a sight to see!

I absolutely love Lady in the Water!  There were parts that had me and the other's in the theatre just cracking up. :lol: There were also parts that made me start to tear up, which surprised even me because I sooo didn't expect that.  This is so worth seeing again and I can't wait till I get to own it.
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 09:43:07 PM »
 Watched it at noon today and I've been drooling over it ever since lol. I loved how new this one felt. It was a very beautiful story, one I was desperately hoping for. What really amazed me was how precisely Night knocked film critics effectively and still didn't mess with the story or the feeling of the movie. After that part you don't really think about it, it doesnt effect the plot or the pace of the film and then when it was done and I was walking back to the car I realized, wow, that was so well done! And Paul's big speach kind of choked me up. I'll admit I almost leaked a tear.

So to sum this up, beautiful, simply beautiful.

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 09:45:27 PM »
 It's beautiful, emotional, and extraordinary.
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477

MNightFan430

• The Village

Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 10:16:17 PM »
 I just got back from seeing it the second time and I absolutely loved it even more!!!  I wore my yellow "Village" cloak this time and I got a lot of glares but mostly good comments.  I laughed at the same stuff and I was still a little scared too! :lol:  

But I have to say from my second viewing that my favorite part of the movie was the party scene!  It was so cool how everything went wrong and...oops can't spoil it!!!

But I agree with everyone.  It was inspirational, spiritual, beautiful, and most importantly AMAZING!!!

Sri HK

Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 01:14:16 AM »
 YAY......jst came bck from watching the last show.

:)

:D    :D  B)

Terrific......n joyed it completely.
What you see isn't always what u get.

myfamlovesnight

• Praying with Anger

Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 09:10:05 PM »
 I am so glad that I found this site!  So many people don't get that there is so much more going on in M. Night Shyamalan's movies.  I loved the characters in this movie and how they were introduced.  I loved guessing who was who, and I loved that I was completely entertained ! There was never a moment in the movie that dragged. It was more than I ever expected.
I was surprised by how much I laughed during this movie (usually alone), and that I cried.  It was a wonderful scary, and not the kind that follows you home.
I can not wait to see it again!
I am a fan of M. Night Shyamalan because of the relationships that develope within his movies, because his movies always make me think long after the movie is over, because his movies are always so different than anything else you will ever see, because there is always a message, and because his movies are never raunchy or obscene- I can watch with my kids and not be embarassed.
Loved it !

Isondill

• Praying with Anger

Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 10:11:53 PM »
 I hate to admit it, but part of me was actually starting to worry the film would dissapoint. It was because of the negative reviews.

I shouldn't have let the critics make me think otherwise at all. I've loved all of his films and I loved this movie just as much.

I definetly didn't expect the kind of film he delviered us. It's almost like a family film (although some parts might be too scary for kids under 10). It is a marvel to see something so fresh, original, and inspiring smack dab in the summer movie season. I hope that this movie can eventually find itself a proper audience, without all the backlash.

I enjoyed it immensely. Anyway, I'm new to the forum, but I'm sure I'll have more to say on the film later. I may even write up an actual review.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 09:31:23 AM »
 Wow,you're so lucky,guys!I have to wait till November to watch this film,maybe even more.But I am glad to see that all of you loved it.That's fantastic!!!Now,my question is:considering all of Shyamalan's movies,what is your favourite one?I know it's difficult to answer,but I'd like to understand how really good Lady in the water may be.I don't know if I've been clear....
"Welcome to The Cove"

carmenjones_82

• Praying with Anger

Midnight Was Worth It!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 01:08:30 PM »
 I've been a stan of all his work and I took the day off work to go see this movie and I WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT SO THIS IS GOOD PAY I MISSED OUT ON!  Simply put, I did not like this movie, and IMO it was predicatable. -->