Way Off....

Author Topic: Way Off....  (Read 2742 times)

Wags

• The Happening

Way Off....
« on: July 23, 2006, 03:19:44 PM »
 Here is my question I have been pondering: are critics just WAY off this time around?  

What i mean to say is that LITW is getting panned pretty hard, this I'm sure we all can agree on.  But when I look at sites that include USER REVIEWS, the numbers/percents are in the 60-70 range.  

And some people, mostly the jackasses at IMDB, im sure would contest its just us M Night fans "stuffing the ballot box" so to speak.  But when I look at The Village reviews, the User Reviews are still in the 50's.  So why would we praise one and not the other?

So I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this subject...

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Way Off....
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 04:03:12 PM »
 I have lost all faith in critics.

Sri HK

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Way Off....
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 05:33:29 PM »
 I think most of the critics this time around were jst over taken by their 'ego'.....because of Shyamaln poking fun at them in LITW.

The viewers have been really positive abt their take on this movie. I came across many blogs and 98% of those are all speaking high of Mr. Shyamalan and the movie.

Hope this movie picks up some collections in the coming days and i hope it has a better opening in the rest of the movie world.

:unsure:  
What you see isn't always what u get.

airsix

• Praying with Anger

Way Off....
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 11:50:03 PM »
QUOTE (Wags @ Jul 23 2006, 03:19 PM)
So I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this subject... [/quote]
 This movie was very entertaining! I absolutely loved it. Things I hear being criticized are things I specifically enjoyed. I like stories. I don't need special effects and action sequences; I just need a great story and Night is a great story-teller. Why won't more people just enjoy the story? More importantly, why won't more people DEMAND a story? When I go to see a Shyamalan film I go knowing I'll hear/see a story - a good story. I can not say the same for ANYONE else's fims.  

okokokok

• LITW

Way Off....
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 12:43:54 AM »
 I think that maybe some people don't truly know how they feel about the movie.  There are so many silly elements to the movie, and not silly in a bad way, but in a fun sort of whimsical way, that it's hard for people to really decipher how they feel about it.  Especially because it mixes so many different genres.  The silliness and the drama just might be too much for some people I think.  Like maybe they have to classify it as one type of movie or another, rather then just except it as kind of a mix of fantasy,comedy,mystery and drama.  

leelee

• The Sixth Sense

Way Off....
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 11:33:50 AM »
 I honestly think you nailed it ok. That's totally how it was for me the first time. But the second time I just let all that go and LOVED it! I wish people would do the same!