Few Things That Bother In This Movie

Author Topic: Few Things That Bother In This Movie  (Read 2330 times)

okokokok

• LITW

« on: August 05, 2006, 12:09:36 AM »
 The only things that bother me in this movie are:

1. How the two guys who aren't supposed to leave that one area during the party both leave to help some one who is throwing up.  It's not a big enough reason for them to both leave. They know what is happening.  Why wouldn't just one of them go help, and the other one stay?

2.  Why the scrunt just leaves Story after he's got her and he can totally tear her apart.  Is he hiding because Cleveland comes?  I don't think so, he is out in the open and attacks when Cleveland is carrying Story earlier in the movie.  OR does the scrunt think she is dead?  There is that line about "sometimes animals just look dead". Is that in reference to both how story looks to them as well as to the scrunt?  That would make some sense, but I'm not crazy about that.  Also, why would the scrunt venture into the building right after that if he thought she was dead? That's another thing that bothers me.

3.Lastly, I don't like that the little boy, the symbolist, waits for them to go through the first little ceremony to tell them he read it wrong.  He's present during this whole thing.  I just think he's scared to say he messed up or something.  But I still don't like that he's there while the first attempt happens.  It would be better, for me, if the little boy wasn't in that scene and came in afterwards, as if he just reread it, rather then watching it all go down first.

Aside from those things, this is most likely going to go down as my favorite movie of all time.  

leelee

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 11:40:57 AM »
 none of those really bothered me except two, but that line about looking dead is good enough for me. The only thing that bothers me in the movie is that I think the tartuic looks kinda silly. I mean don't get me wrong, I thought the scrunt looked awesome, but I dunno about the tartuic.  

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 12:35:33 PM »

if the little boy wasn't in that scene and came in afterwards, as if he just reread it, rather then watching it all go down first.
I thought thats the way it does go down. Maybe I just wasn't watching closely :huh:  

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 02:30:25 PM »
 He is standing there with his dad before the first ceremony with the woman.  There is a slow pan where Cleveland says something like "this is right now" or something.  It's not a huge deal,  just something I noticed and think would work better for me if it were different.