Blim-blam!

Author Topic: Blim-blam!  (Read 3436 times)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Blim-blam!
« on: July 24, 2006, 02:15:59 PM »
 I just wanted to say that this film was absolutely amazing!! The best movie I've seen in a really really long time! Outstanding!

I feel sad for all of the schmucks that didn't understand it, or who are too closed-minded and ready to turn on M. Night that they didn't give the film a chance! I am officially fed up with critics and the movie going audiences of our generation!

A Note to M. Night: Don't stop what you are doing! You are brilliant! A true talent! Blim-blam!

Miles

• The Sixth Sense

Blim-blam!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 04:30:41 PM »
 I completely agree. The critics are way to close minded and just because they didnt like the village are so ready to attack M Night. I thought the Village was amazing, but I think Lady is even more breath taking is very beautifly done and extremely well crafted in hold it unfolds. M Night tolds us we would go along as the characters learning everything they do as they do, and he delivered exactlly that. M Night is a genious no matter what the critics or movie goers think. But acctually Ive talked to a lot of people who really enjoyed Lady a lot more than the Village unfortunately (especially for me since i was an extra in the village). But Lady is a great movie, and the most original movies in a very long time. Probly since...well....the village. (Actually I think the only original movies the past ten years have been M Nights movies, and Saw 1 and 2. but thats just my opinion). Even though Lady has a tendancy to feel like signs at some points. It is a virtually flawless movie and should be appricated by movie goers all over. Even if its not by the critics.

Specter

• Administrator

• NarniaFans
Blim-blam!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 05:48:53 PM »
 Baby's on the Half Tip!

enough said.

What a great film, though.  It's totally awesome.  Can't wait to see where his next film goes!

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
Blim-blam!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 12:00:24 AM »
 Baby's on the half tip!

Wouldn't it be great if that became the new saying and absoluetly nobody knew where it came from, lol.

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

myfamlovesnight

• Praying with Anger

Blim-blam!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 09:33:56 AM »

QUOTE (Dr Malcom Crowe @ Jul 24 2006, 02:15 PM)
I just wanted to say that this film was absolutely amazing!! The best movie I've seen in a really really long time! Outstanding!

I feel sad for all of the schmucks that didn't understand it, or who are too closed-minded and ready to turn on M. Night that they didn't give the film a chance! I am officially fed up with critics and the movie going audiences of our generation!

A Note to M. Night: Don't stop what you are doing! You are brilliant! A true talent! Blim-blam![/quote]
I completely agree!  I thought this movie was great entertainment from beginning to end.  I loved the character traits of each of the tenants, all the details, the humor, and how the story was revealed.
My daughters are in Utah, and I told them they would love it, but that whoever they went with probably wouldn't get it, and I was right.
They walked out of the theater loving it and the group of kids with them said, "What the heck was that?".  
What's not to get?  And, the critics are out of it !
I hope M. Night Shyamalan continues to make outstanding (clean), thought provoking movies. He is a genious.  And I love that he is always in the movies.
I totally get him!  

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
Blim-blam!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 08:07:26 AM »
Quote from: "tdelonge182"
Even though Lady has a tendancy to feel like signs at some points.

I had the same felling,watching it.If you listen carefully to the very beginning of the tracks "Cereal boxes" and "Charades",you'll discover that even the music is very smilar to Signs :wink:
"Welcome to The Cove"

afi_village

• LITW

Blim-blam!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 12:06:03 AM »
in regards to the music, in all of james newton howards score you can hear little hints of his other ones, i guess it's just his style.

i heard a lot of the village in it when i listened to it the first time...
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!