Worst Movie Ever

Author Topic: Worst Movie Ever  (Read 33571 times)

Mille

Re: Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2008, 04:25:08 PM »
I think the movie industry doesn't quite know what to do with him.

I am new here, and this is going to be a quick post, but I will be back later. :D

Lady in the Water is a brilliant movie, and I have seen it about ten times by now. However, I still can't pick my favorite Shyamalan movie, it's impossible!

I agree with you about the industry being unable to do something with Shyamalan. As for myself, I think he is an artist, and I can't see him having ordinary success among the audience just because he is not making these movies to please those who are avid for entertainment. These movies are for those who are avid for meaning. :)

GothMan

• The Happening

• Personal Text
    You should close your eyes to see the Truth.
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2008, 05:19:57 PM »
Worst movie ever? Best movie ever!  ;D
"A common misperception of me is... That all my movies have twist endings, or that they're all scary. All my movies are spiritual and all have an emotional perspective." (M. Night Shyamalan)

manojrules

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2008, 12:25:51 PM »
I disagree, I saw it opening day with my dad, I had no idea it was an M. Night Shyamalan movie, I'd never heard of his movies, but after watching it, I was like, "Wow!" and then my dad told me that he had made a lot of other movies, and told me that M. Night was the man writing a book in the movie. And I just remembered thinking that there were all these amazing movies that I'd been missing out on, and then I saw the Sixth Sense and the rest of his movies and loved them, but I still love LITW just as much. I think the acting was great, the storyline was good, everything. A lot of people I think laughed and didn't like it because they expected a classic scary movie from him, while this one was meant to be a bedtime story, with some mystery thrown in. It's so original, it's not some classic disney fairytale that always has an inocent little person who gets lost or scared (wendy in peter pan, ends up in neverland, alice, who gets lost in wonderland, Snow White, who is scared of being killed and gets lost and finds 7 dwarves) it was completely original but it was like something for all ages, it was nothing like anything stolen from another movie. Even the creatures were original, and the acting was great. Howard really seemed like some mysterious creature from another world, and Giamatti really seemed so confused at times, and Shyamalan was great, too, because since he's the director and writer, he really knows what he wants the character he plays to be like, and I think every scene he was in was great.

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2008, 10:40:41 PM »
I think it's really funny how people attack eachother like this movie is some sort of religion or something.  The movie was ok, I have the DVD and I've watched alot, but it's still just Ok.  If you all think I'm shallow because I don't get the movie as deep as you do, then so be it.  I love M. Night and will go see any of his movie just on his name, but that doesn't mean I have to LOVE every single one of them, that's impossible and ludacris.  Saying that the movie is the worst movie ever is a bit carried away, but that's his opinion, no more, no less.

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2008, 10:51:12 PM »
that's impossible and ludacris. 

lol i suppose it was only a matter of time before people started spelling "ludicrous" like the name of the rapper  ;x
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2008, 10:58:40 PM »
LOL   

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2008, 02:54:16 PM »
I loved this movie (clearly by my screenname)

but if people are laughing in the theaters, you cant say its the people.

its the movie.

I bet you 100 bucks that if that same Laughing Crowd say Crash or Titanic or some other movie or even another Night Movie

they would have loved it.

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2008, 03:03:31 PM »
I think it's really funny how people attack eachother like this movie is some sort of religion or something.  The movie was ok, I have the DVD and I've watched alot, but it's still just Ok.  If you all think I'm shallow because I don't get the movie as deep as you do, then so be it.  I love M. Night and will go see any of his movie just on his name, but that doesn't mean I have to LOVE every single one of them, that's impossible and ludacris.  Saying that the movie is the worst movie ever is a bit carried away, but that's his opinion, no more, no less.

I think the reason people attack each other over things like movies and such is because, in a weird psychological way, they associate themselves with that movie. If you tell people you like a movie, and they say it's the worst piece of trash they ever saw, then you will naturally get offended because it, in a way, is a reflection of you and your taste in movies.  And it's not like you are going to say "oh wait, you're right".

Say, for example, someone tells you to your face that your favorite band of all time sucks.  You're naturally going to try and change their mind, even though deep down you want to rip them in half.  Because, as most people here have probably found out, it is almost impossible to change someone's opinion on a matter without something extremely significant happening.

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2008, 09:28:40 PM »

I think the reason people attack each other over things like movies and such is because, in a weird psychological way, they associate themselves with that movie. If you tell people you like a movie, and they say it's the worst piece of trash they ever saw, then you will naturally get offended because it, in a way, is a reflection of you and your taste in movies.  And it's not like you are going to say "oh wait, you're right".

Say, for example, someone tells you to your face that your favorite band of all time sucks.  You're naturally going to try and change their mind, even though deep down you want to rip them in half.  Because, as most people here have probably found out, it is almost impossible to change someone's opinion on a matter without something extremely significant happening.

I think you're right.  Atleast if you don't like a movie, have very good concrete ideas of why you thought it was a bad movie, back up your opinion.  I hate to say it, but, you're right.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2008, 09:58:32 AM »
Worst movie ever?

Let me think... I thought HOSTEL part 1&2 were the worst movies ever. Oh, and GRINDHOUSE. And oh I am sorry "white Noise". This is great list keeps coming up,,, don't want to forget about "WANTED".

Lady In The Water is a creative work, buddy. Wake up. Make up your mind all over again.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2008, 09:55:33 PM »
"wanted" was one of the worst movies ever. "white noise"  did startle me a few times but they were cheap shots, like having the radio come on with static at full blast in the middle of a scene.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2008, 09:28:37 AM »
Talking about bad movies??Here I am!! ;D
What do you think about The League of the Extraordinary Gentlemen??It is definitely one of the worst movies I've ever seen (probably THE worst ever :-X).
Van Helsing was very bad,too :-\
"Welcome to The Cove"

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2008, 01:27:16 PM »
ive seen both of those..van helsing was pretty bad, and LEG was just too all-over-the-place

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2008, 10:35:28 PM »
"wanted" was one of the worst movies ever. "white noise"  did startle me a few times but they were cheap shots, like having the radio come on with static at full blast in the middle of a scene.

Wanted was horrible. Good thing I was in the DRIVE-IN and I head to pay only 6 dollars. The only part I like when actually me and that girl I was with started making out. And then the movie finished. We both said, the movie sucked big time.

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2008, 10:28:42 AM »
I think The Happening recently stole the worst movie ever honour...

Van Helsing had Kate Beckinsale, and LOEG had some cool special effects so while both were terrible they had some redeeming qualities.

10,000 BC was pretty dire. So was Little Man.

Actually I think Little Man probably is worse than The Happening...

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:34:21 AM by steinmansbrain »