Worst Movie Ever

Author Topic: Worst Movie Ever  (Read 33611 times)

GothMan

• The Happening

• Personal Text
    You should close your eyes to see the Truth.
    • Email
Re: Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2008, 04:58:21 PM »
Actually I think Little Man probably is worse than The Happening...

Yeah, a little bit...  ;D
"A common misperception of me is... That all my movies have twist endings, or that they're all scary. All my movies are spiritual and all have an emotional perspective." (M. Night Shyamalan)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2008, 12:34:31 PM »
I'd say quite a bit worse, but I liked The Happening.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2008, 03:29:34 AM »
Hai Miles,u seems to understand what the LITW film are about.Could u tell me what it is?i am dying to know?we've(me,my brother and father) watched it like many times,but still we just blank,we understood the little peces of the story but not big picture.
pardon my english :)

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2008, 02:44:47 PM »
Hai Miles,u seems to understand what the LITW film are about.Could u tell me what it is?i am dying to know?we've(me,my brother and father) watched it like many times,but still we just blank,we understood the little peces of the story but not big picture.
Care from my point of view?

Lady in the Water, like a prequel to Happening, is generally about human kind. Imagined, described and performed as a fairy tale, it directly speaks of problems in the world, but doesn't expose or ruin with rough reality. Each and every fairy tale ever made was not made to entertain, but to warn and teach ? so is this one. In great effort, James Newton Howard does his maximum to interpret this exquisite movie with beautiful, breath-taking orchestral perfection, which can only bring truthful inspiration after the movie, to the listener, and nothing less.

The whole world and humankind, throughout past, evolved from water. As said in the prologue of LitW, men had need to expand and conquer, and the purity which water as such is, vanished in that point. Further evolution of mankind, and you can tell by watching one day news, brings Earth to edge of destruction. Narfs, the sirens which talked to humans, are symbols for purity, and a metaphore for human conscious, the little thing inside your head that tells you what will turn wrong, but you ignore it because of your own selfish needs ? ?but man...man has forgotten...how to listen.? is quote from prologue, linking evolution with personal need,telling you that we distincted ourselves so far from the nature - we cannot hear it anymore.

Now, you are introduced to all variety of people, which eventually become significant for the entire story. This is the element, metaphor for nature's balance. All of us have a place in the world, all of us have significant role and all of us are directly responsible for everything else that happens. If you ignore that every day people get killed for nothing ? it is your fault too, because you are too selfish to try preventing that from continuing. If you see people fighting at the street, and you turn your head to other side, you are responsible for beatup. Likewise, if you can stand watching how your goverment is destroying everything and everybody, you too are responsible.

But Shymalan then, in form of Narf, offers another chance. It is that point in your life when you can make the difference, when you can, in inspiration, push limits and make things go different -> Victor would never finish the cookbook and bend the world if it wasn't for the Narf. All other characters, leaded by emotional, good man Cleveland who knows the brutality of humankind, then, in inspiration, decide to help and make things right for once. It is a kind of symbolism for nature's last gasps ? they are given one last chance to make things right. As the world is brutal and selfish, so Victor will die as a sacrifice for better tommorow. A toll which must be taken to set the balance in order. This is the prime point of movie. Salvation of humankind. You just need to hear the call. That's what this movie is about. Open your eyes and listen to what environment whispers. Same thing Charles Baudelaire went for with his colossal poetry.

There are other stories inside, ofcourse. For one, Shyamalan shows how modern film is made. He also knows how critics will react to his movie, so he does a series of scenes to show hollywood critic he knows what he's doing and what they will do. That's aslo why the critic dies, and exactly in a very typical, lame scene. He also puts himself in the role of savior, which is nothing but personalisation of his own thoughts, kind of self-profiling. The truth is, following ideology of this movie can be only prospering for the mankind.

The ritualism in this movie, and the cast of roles upon human are mere interpretation of events that must occur in order for something different, world-shaping to occur. The process will reach it's peak (When Cleveland cries and saves Story), and then the nature itself will help you (Tortutic, the supreme being that regulates JUSTICE, a karma of sort) will return favor and support you in your deeds. 

I can now separate every minute and element of this movie and tell you why that moment, quote, gesture or event is there and what purpose does it have but you didn't ask for that, you asked for what is it about, so I'll stop here. Although I'd like to write additional 20 pages.

(I think I once wrote a prettier article on litw, but I can't find it now)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 03:56:22 PM by Decadent Sympozium »
Manoj Night Shyamalan is Charles Baudelaire of movie art. That is non-deniable. Baudelaire's value is non-deniable.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2008, 03:01:49 PM »
Excellent analysis. That was very well put, and showed me things I had not previously ascertained.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2008, 03:58:50 PM »
Excellent analysis. That was very well put, and showed me things I had not previously ascertained.

Can you give an example?
Manoj Night Shyamalan is Charles Baudelaire of movie art. That is non-deniable. Baudelaire's value is non-deniable.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2010, 12:18:39 AM »
Decadent I left this for far too long without responding, but I have kept it in my list since the day you asked this question. I've decided to respond in my 3000th post.

You know, I really can't remember which were the things I had not figured out before, but I have since made these points (that you mentioned) part of my general understanding of the film. One thing I'm sure I had not figured out on my own was that the roles of the characters represented events that had to happen in order to enlighten the human race.

I will end with this, a quote I shall be remembered for: "Love is the product of a mind enlightened beyond reason."
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2010, 01:29:27 AM »
Congrats on your 3000th! And I like the quote.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2010, 12:45:16 AM »
OH MY GOD...I AM SO STUPID....I DONT KNOW THAT THERE'S SOMEONE ACTUALLY AWNSER MY QUESTION AND I JUST READ IT NOW!!!!!

this is what u get from giving up ur hope.u see that i asked that question OCT 7th 2008 (2 years ago!)..iam waiting for someone would have generosity to awnser that.i've waited 4 a week but still nobody awnser it,so i just think that nobody cares 4 awnsering.that is why i stop seeing this site till specter mail me.Coz the big reason i join this site is i wanna be with poeple that mind to share and discuss all M films.When nobody awnser it, i got sad and think maybe i just hv to find someone that likes M films,and i got zero result.

But now,its like meant to be.....i finally know that someone does awnser it and i hv to know it 2 years later.Unbelievable...

THANK U SOO MUCH Decadent Sympozium .I DO WANT U TO WRITE 20 PAGES FOR ME ;D

NOTE : SORRY FOR SENTENCES.DIDNT QUITE WELL FOR PAST TENSE. ;D

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2010, 12:23:32 AM »
It was meant to be. I saw you on there Shinchan and thought "wow and he has been silent for so long"
The thread had been sitting alone ont he bottomof my "replies to your posts" list for all that time and I just never felt ready to respond to it. Then I wanted to do something special for number 3000 so I finally responded to it.

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2010, 12:17:27 AM »
i hope that Decadent Sympozium not mad at me   :(...one thing that i cant stand in the world is feeling guilty....

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2010, 10:20:33 AM »
I doubt Decadent is mad. Probably just off gallivanting around the internet. 8)
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2010, 01:13:03 AM »
he's not.... ;D

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2010, 01:34:23 AM »
Not mad? Or not gallivanting? lol

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2010, 02:02:11 AM »
hihihhihi...not mad....