Worst Movie Ever

Author Topic: Worst Movie Ever  (Read 33568 times)

deaocamrith

• Praying with Anger

Worst Movie Ever
« on: July 26, 2006, 12:11:16 PM »
 This movie is so so bad.  It makes no sense.  Poor acting, poor writing, just plain poor.  It was like M Night watched 20 movies the night before he wrote it and then just randomly copied that stuff he watched into this plot.  

It really says something when the audience of your film breaks out laughing at parts that were meant to be serious.  That happened 7 times at the theater i was at.  Starting with that cheesy opening and ending with the evil lawn monkeys killing the lawn dog.  The eagle reminded me of the eagel on the colbeirt report.  M night sucks at acting too.  I want a refund or atleast a promise to make no more movies.    

Specter

• Administrator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• NarniaFans
Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 12:30:43 PM »
 Can you elaborate on reasons why it is so awful?  I've yet to be convinced that this film is anything less than brilliant.  When it comes to an audience laughing at serious moments, what kind of audience is it?  An audience of fans or an audience of people going to see a movie that's been marketed as a horror movie?

Miles

• The Sixth Sense

Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 01:12:13 PM »
 This is obviously the group that thought the grudge was scary, or the group that thinks sam raimi is a good director. Come on now, he watched movies and copied down what he saw? are you Ducking kidding me? This is the most original movie ive seen in a long time, and the audience you saw it with must be a small percentage of people with that view because everyone Ive talked to, including people who didnt like the village, says they think its awsome that he created every aspect of the movie. People who know a thing or two about movies really appreciate nights work and really respect what hes done with this movie. And as for Nights acting, he never claimed to be great, he said it was to make it more personal for him that he chose to do it, and i think he did great, one of my favorite characters in the story. You no real reasons why the movie is awful, only "because i said so reasons" like the acting was awful and the writing was awful, your just like the movie critic in the movie, and just like fatass roger ebert who cant stop eating long enough to have an original thought in his Ducking head. excuse my language but he pisses me off beyond believe I dont know how roper hasnt just punched him yet. IM so tired of people putting Night down, if it werent for Night all we would have is remakes and sequals and movies that are just alike. Nights one of about 3 original directors in this world and i dont see that changing anytime soon. If you dont get his movies you need to go read a book becuase you obviously dont have the mind power to appreciate any kind of art. Night is so obviously an amazing director, not only from watching his movies but seeing him in action while he was making the village, I know for a fact how good he is. And if you think the story to Lady is ridiculous, GOOD. Its supposed to sound ridiculous thats the point, that something so off the wall and insane can acctually be true. Night said him self we are supposed to feel exactlly what Pual is feeling the whole movie, learning things when he does and thinking it sounds crazy just like he does. There are no good reasons people have for hating nights movies besides "it wasnt scary enough" or "i cant believe the monsters werent real" (sorry weve all seen the village anyways) or "i dont get it", the latter is my favorite, stupid fickle minded movie goers. Go watch The ring 2 and drool over the same old crap like the rest of the ******* night doubters with no brain. Im out.

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 03:45:57 PM »
 I'm so goddam sorry that you were actually expected to THINK during a movie deaocamrith. You're right, people like you shouldn't go seem movies like this, you should have just gone to see "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" or  "Land Before Time MCLLVVXI". Expand your mind and let your imagination soar, if you do this I promise you you will enjoy the movie 500% more. But if you are too stubourn to fathom the idea of absorbing a movie and are wasting every scene looking for 'clues' to the "SURPRISE ENDING" then don't even bother complaining, because in that case it is nobody's fault but your own that the movie wasn't "enjoyable" for you.  

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

Punkyviolin

• Praying with Anger

Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 05:21:33 PM »
 <_< I haven't seen de movie AS YET, but I am planning to.  I've watched only four of M. Night movies so far - the Village; the Sixth Sense; Unbreakable; Signs - I am dying to add the others to my list to view.

;) I take every sense of the movie with a grain of salt and think of bedtime stories being told when I was a child that would scare the poop outta me and would have me laughing at the same time.

Pirates was a hit at the box office, but we didn't stay to see the ending.  Many parts of Pirates was unnecessary but it was a hit with FAR more people than Lady was at the box office. :unsure:

To each his own...I am a fan and I can deal with others slamming this movie...I will still go...maybe at midnight! :ph34r:

:P p.s.  Thanks for creating dis site!
img src='http://latefilm.com/images/M.Night.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' />U gotta luv him!

leelee

• The Sixth Sense

Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 07:07:51 PM »
 Even if you didn't like the movie deaocamrith, calling it the worst movie ever is plain stupid and makes you look bad. Even if you hated the movie (though pretty much all of us here, including me adore it) does not mean it's the worst movie ever...lets reserve that for some other piece of crap films. thanks  :rolleyes:  

okokokok

• LITW

Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 01:56:31 AM »
 It's his first post.  He's trolling.  He's not getting the attention he wants from his mom so this is the only way he knows how to get it.  It's gonna be ok deaocamrith.  

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 11:40:55 AM »
 Yes, it seems even Night fans have souls...

~Dr.Hill42

dblockdedicated

• Wide Awake

Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 10:20:02 PM »
 eh it was alright, nothing on top of his list.

To much repetition. Same Score, same dialogue.

it was good, but his worst yet.

The Village owns every other movie though

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 11:41:18 AM »
 The score couldn't be more different, of course its going to have the same feel to it its by the same guy...

~Dr.Hill42

San Jose Shark

• The Sixth Sense

• SJSharks.com
Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 12:00:36 AM »
 I loved this movie but everyone i know has stopped seeing his movies since Signs and they think he's a joke. I was at the doctors today and i asked him if he has seen any movies lately and he said "yeah, my wife and i went to see this absolutely horrible movie but i cant remember the name of it" i asked him was it Lady in the Water? and he said "yes, what a pointless stupid move that makes no sense" i was like "lick my balls maing"
GO SHARKS!

Sri HK

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 03:35:06 AM »
  :lol:  
What you see isn't always what u get.

puterart

• Praying with Anger

Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 03:58:38 PM »
 I can think of two films that were worse off the top of my head, AI and The Village.

I disagree, as a whole, that the acting was poor. Paul Giamatti is an amazing actor and I don't think he was anything less in this movie. However, I'd have to agree that Night isn't the best actor and his performance in this one proves it. I thought some of the other performances were sub-par too, but as a whole the acting was alright.

I understand what you Night fans are saying when you talk about opening one's mind and using some imagination. It's obvious that Night is very creative and imaginative, but just because a film is imaginative or creative doesn't make it good. This film is not good . . . at all at least in terms of story line and content. I enjoyed the cinematography and can respect a handful of the shots.

I know the film is about a children's story, but it came out resembling a story written by a child. I don't mean that in a sarcastic put-down sense, I mean it in a literal sense. The ideas were so flimsy and uncohesive it really resembled the way a child writes a story. Night seemed to just be making stuff up on the fly to make the film work. For instance when we find out that all the people Cleveland thought were intrinsic to Story's return turn out to be irrelevant and all of a sudden he figures it out. This followed by the kid randomly saying, "I read it wrong" after the initial "Healer" turns out not to be the healer at all without any background. These just seemed like easy ways out to a story that was falling apart.

There were two things that really bothered me with the film. The first was how it had the smart ass "New Guy" or "13B" character who dies. This guy is obviously a representation of people Night sees as film snobs, people who think they know all there is to know about a film before they see it. I understand what he was doing, but I don't think it needed to be SO obvious. Having a character step out of the film and run commentary the way the "New Guy" did right before he got killed is something better left to movies that fall in the genre of "Scary Movie". It was revolting at best.

The second aspect that really bothered me was Night's character. The character is supposed to write some really important work that shapes and molds the ideologies of a future president who takes these ideas and changes the world. This made me sick. It would have been fine if this character wasn't played by the guy who wrote the film, but it was, and that was kind of . . . . disgusting.

As for people in the theatre laughing at all of the serious parts. Yep, this happened in the theatre that I saw it in too. Most of it was laughable. Not quite as laughable as The Village, which looking back I think may actually be one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, but still quite laughable. The moments of comic relief completely failed and the moments that were supposed to touch and or move the audience completely failed too.

This is my opionion and I'm sure most people here will disagree with it, but I feel that most of the people here didn't go into the movie theatre without some pre-disposed notion he/she would be leaving satisfied. Afterall, this is a site for M. Night Shyamalan fans.

okokokok

• LITW

Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 08:09:48 PM »
 Isn't it funny when people's first post at a specific website is only to say bad things about the websites main subject?  Why waste time going somewhere were people enjoy something and talk about how much you disliked it?  I'm fine with people not liking this film, but it's so strange when this sort of thing happens. It's interesting to me.  I've never even thought about going to a site like this for someone or something I don't care for, like let's say Tarantino.  It's seems like such a negative waste of time to go talk about how horrible I thought Kill Bill 1 & 2 was ya know? Just strange.

Secondly, I didn't think anything negatively about the parts that you did.  In fact, I loved the way we find out that Mr. Heeb is the Healer.  How you can say that was an easy way out of storytelling is amazing to me.  That's Giamatti's whole character.  He was always a healer.  He was a doctor, and then he needed to become what he was always supposed to be again, by healing Story and himself.

I also loved the part when the critic steps outside the movie.  I love the idea of mixing genres.  I think it worked, personally.  It's good to know that some filmakers don't think that films don't have to be a specific way, or that one can only do things that a specific genre dictates.  That just seems close minded and restrictive, to me anyways.

The only reason I wish M night didn't play that character is because so many other people have a problem with it.  I've read alot of reviews that were like word for word what you wrote about him. So it would be great to see what some people though about the film with him not in that role, as that seems to be one of the largest reasons for disliking it.  I think he was great in it.

Also, it appears as though you were speaking for the audience when you said humorous and dramatic parts failed.  I laughed and cried during this movie, and so did many others.  I've read quite a few reviews from other people who love this film also. So part of your review is factually wrong.  

Lastly, I have loved, adored, ALL M Nights movies since Unbreakable.  But the trailers weren't getting me too excited about this movie.  And the early reviews actually had me thinking this wouldn't be good.  So imagine my surprise when it turned out to be one of the best movies I have ever seen.  I don't mind others opinions.  It's just funny when people do more then give their opinion, and try to speak for whole groups of people or specifically go to where fans are of something and then start talking about a movie they don't like.  If you had been a member here, and liked some of his other movies, totally different situation.  It just always seems suspicious otherwise.  Is this the only place you gave a review?

puterart

• Praying with Anger

Worst Movie Ever
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 09:14:33 PM »
 Hmm, it is interesting isn't it. Yes this in fact the only place I've given a recview. In fact, it's the only time I've ever written a review of any movie other than for required papers in college. Though I don't see what that has to do with anything. How did you manage to not have a first post to this site? That's really impressive.

I thought it was interesting that you noted how I seemed to be saying the same things that everyone else said about Shyamalan playing the role that he did because I honestly had not read a single review of this movie outside of this website which severely lacks any real criticizm. So if so many people seem to be coming to the same conclusion then shouldn't that give it credibility?

Is it such a negative waste of time to talk about how horrible you thought Kill Bill 1 & 2 were? Wouldn't it then be similarly such a waste of time to talk about how much you enjoyed this movie? I'm not so sure you "don't mind" others opinions.

I did not intend to speak for the entire audience when I commented on how the dramatic and comedic parts failed, I was actually speaking on behalf of the entire audience that I viewed it with at the theatre. I was speaking on behalf of all the people walking down the isle shaking their heads and laughing. I could understand how you laughed at the movie. I found it pretty funny too, but did you actually cry? What a sissy. Kidding. But seriously what part/parts did you cry at? I'm just curious.

Okay, so we've established I'm not a member here, but I have enjoyed some of Night's other films. The Sixth Sense was great, really great. Signs was decent. I thought I'd give my opinion here though because up until now it didn't really seem to be represented, but you're right, I should have joined, scattered ridiculous ass kissing comments throughout the site for several weeks/months before I actually posted a real comment. That's what I should have done, Hitler.