Crowd Reaction

Author Topic: Crowd Reaction  (Read 3191 times)

okokokok

• LITW

Crowd Reaction
« on: July 27, 2006, 01:24:56 AM »
 I am almost embarrassed at how much I love M Nights movies.  I just saw LitW for the 5th time tonight.  Every single time I've seen it, there are people that laugh when Mr. Leeds says "stop it, you try" during the healing scene.  I just don't get it.  Anyone else notice this?  It kinda pisses me off.

Specter

• Administrator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• NarniaFans
Crowd Reaction
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 05:16:28 AM »
 I just think it's the serious look on Mr. Leeds' face that makes people react that way.  I'm not sure, but I don't recall people laughing either time that I saw it.  If they did, I thought they were getting it, and that their laughter was supportive of Mr. Leeds, rather than negative.

leelee

• The Sixth Sense

Crowd Reaction
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 10:35:15 AM »
 yeah I heard people laugh both times I saw it at that part... :huh:  

cyborgx37

• Praying with Anger

Crowd Reaction
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 10:48:35 AM »
 I think there is something unnerving about the forcefullness of his tone, and the naturally reaction is to laugh to ease the tension. For people who are really wrapped up in the movie, such an intense line would be expected and understood. For those who have had trouble getting into it, though, there's really nothing else they can do but laugh.

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
Crowd Reaction
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 11:44:01 AM »
 I agree with cyborgx. Laughter does relieve tension. And Night does it a few times in the movie. So maybe they expected something funny to go there.

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

okokokok

• LITW

Crowd Reaction
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 02:33:32 PM »
 There are many purposeful tension relieving moments in this film, but I don't think this one of them. It's a serious moment. I don't see how someone would laugh there unless they just weren't involved in the characters and/or buying what's going on in the movie.  It just strange to me that anyone laughed at that part, but that's only because I'm really involved in what's going on with these characters at this point in the movie.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Crowd Reaction
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 04:30:48 PM »
 I personally didn't find it funny, but I think the people where laughing with him. It is a serious moment, but Mr Leeds kinda b*tch slaps Mr Heep at that moment. Kinda like a "stop being a whimp" moment, so I can see how some might find it humorous. Then it starts to get real serious after that, and nobady was laughing during Mr Heeps plead for redemption. An amazing moment that is!

bakerbread

• Praying with Anger

Crowd Reaction
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 11:36:51 AM »
 hello all..my first post.

i have to admit, i found that part of the movie funny. funny as in the saying, facial expression, tone, and scene was totally awesome. kind of like a YEA! THATS RIGHT, YOU TELL HIM!.

this movie is great.

Coryn

• Praying with Anger

Crowd Reaction
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 02:46:16 PM »
 yeah, it makes me mad when people laugh at the wrong parts.  It was like in The Village when people would laugh at Noah when he would clap or when he sat in the rocking chair crying.  I was really mad the 4th time I saw The Village and people were laughing behind me that I turned around and told them to shut up.  I didn't hear a peep from them the rest of the movie.