Favorite Shyamalan Movie

Author Topic: Favorite Shyamalan Movie  (Read 20044 times)

Vick

• Praying with Anger

• Personal Text
    =)
    • Email
Re: Favorite Shyamalan Movie
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2008, 07:29:58 PM »
Just saw this movie again last night with one of my good friends who had never seen it before.  He's never seen any Shyamalan movie!  Poor deprived soul!  I couldn't let that continue!  It was great to see it again!
I'm often wath the Signs last 5 minutes - It's great , and music... it's perfect!
Some things are only revealed by accident...

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 02:44:40 PM »
I just read the script so now I am going to try and watch the film very soon, if I can find the time, and sit down and enjoy myself.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 05:08:59 PM »
Mr.Glass,you mean you have the script Of Signs?? :o
"Welcome to The Cove"

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 07:53:48 AM »
Oh,I've just read about it in the topic of The 6th Sense :P :D
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 09:56:09 AM »
Yea, that's cool, it's a great script, and really enjoyable.  I love the internet, so much is out there, you just have to double check stuff.

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2008, 02:23:24 AM »
It is one of my favorite movies, even if I do happen to think that it is M Nights most heavy handed film.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2008, 09:52:18 AM »
What do you mean by heavy handed?  ???

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2008, 01:02:22 PM »
I'm not for certain what okokokok is referring to, but I could guess it might have something to do with the very clear, and pronounced message behind the film.  One that a lot of people wouldn't like, and wouldn't agree with due to it's strongly religeous nature.  That's actually a big part of why it's my favorite movie ever, but to each their own....
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2008, 01:23:10 AM »
DILinator, you are pretty far off base actually.  I am more talking about feeling like my skull had been bashed in with the persistent revealing of these providential "signs".  I get it, she has a thing with water.  I get it, the aliens don't like the water.  For my taste, there was a bit too much repetition in making sure everyone saw the signs, but that's just my opinion.  That is what I meant by heavy handed.

I have no problem with the religious nature of the film.  Anyways, It's more about faith than religion for me.  All that being said, I still LOVE Signs.  It is one of my favorite movies.  I love the characters, the relationships and the way people interact with each other in M Nights films, and that is why I love this film.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2008, 09:44:30 AM »
I get it okokokok, too much of the different Signs and you were like, "okay allready, I get it."  That makes sense.  I totally agree with your last sentence.
  I love the characters, the relationships and the way people interact with each other in M Nights films, and that is why I love this film.
That is just about exactly how I feel for each of his films.

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2008, 12:22:36 AM »
Well, that's a lot of people's complaint about the movie, so it had a decent chance of being true!   ;) 

And you're right that the tone of the movie isn't really about religion, but faith.  However, a lot of people have mistakenly lumped the two together as one in the same. 
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »
There is a difference in faith and religion, and I think Night does a good job of differentiating between the two.  It's easier to slide stuff like that in though in a somewhat apocalyptic setting, you know what I mean.

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2008, 07:48:05 PM »
Though I don't know what M.Night's actual religion is, I doubt it's the same as mine.  However, he is clearly a man of faith, who believes in a power greater than ourselves.  I appreciate that he brings that out in his movies, and is not afraid to say it how he sees it, regardless of what's politically correct.

I'm a "Signs" person.

Dal

• Wide Awake

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2008, 06:54:15 AM »
I think it is really good how m night shyamalan brings out the theme of faith in this film. The fact that is it deals with faith rather than religion means that it can reach out to everyone whatever religion you are. 8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 09:45:44 AM by Dal »

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2008, 01:53:23 PM »
Night is Indian, and also, if I remember correctly, heavily influenced, if not a follower, of Hinduism.  I think he went to an Episcopal elementary school, Catholic High School after that.  So he definately has some heavy religious background.