Favorite Shyamalan Movie

Author Topic: Favorite Shyamalan Movie  (Read 20675 times)

MrStone

• LITW

Re: Favorite Shyamalan Movie
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2008, 11:54:46 PM »
Night is Indian, and also, if I remember correctly, heavily influenced, if not a follower, of Hinduism.  I think he went to an Episcopal elementary school, Catholic High School after that.  So he definately has some heavy religious background.

Even if he is a practicer of no religion - i think its interesting how he approaches it.  In my experience/knowledge, Indian's are some of the most respectful people in the world.  They aren't ergocentrics and respect other cultures way more than we do.  So even if he's a practicing hindu, he puts a lot of catholic/christian images & themes in his films.  but on the other hand, i'm sure that one could find a lot of hindu images/themes (if i knew what those were).

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2008, 09:15:29 AM »
Well, just look at Lady In The Water, I feel that the film was heavily influenced by the Hindu religion.  I agree with you MrStone that he is very respectful of other cultures and religions.  Also, I'm glad he's not afraid to address iffy issues head on.  I respect him more for that.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

auhin

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2008, 11:16:56 PM »
It's the best. Hands down.

srkbeno.1

• Wide Awake

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2008, 07:39:33 AM »
One of the finest films ever made. I saw it again last night after watching the Happening. MNight, you are brilliant. Please don't feel bad that  people didnt like the happening. We love you and we wanna see you make another film Like Sixth Sense or Signs.. you are awesome!!!

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2008, 02:48:31 PM »
I think that people did like The Happening.  At least at my theater.  I agree though, Signs is one of the best films ever.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

steven120566

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2008, 09:28:55 PM »
I loved 4 of Night's films (Not LITW, and haven't seen Happening) Although the other 4 are in my top 5 favorite films, Signs is my all time favorite.

You've got to love the layers of the story...A film not really about what most see it as, Aliens. This is a film ultimately about faith, fate, and family. I think it is a masterpiece!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:33:42 PM by steven120566 »

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2008, 11:22:58 AM »
Still today that's the best movie I've ever seen.Sometimes during the day I recall in my mind some of the dialogues that moved me more,it's pretty funny ;D
It has all the beautiful qualities of a Shyamalan movie,such as the capacity to make people imagine the fear without showing it directly,a thing that unfortunately The Happening didn't have...I know it was his choice,but I didn't share it.
"Welcome to The Cove"

elemental-x

• Wide Awake

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2008, 03:57:19 PM »
This is my favourite of Nights movies  :)