Nights Next Movie!

Author Topic: Nights Next Movie!  (Read 17025 times)

turke

• Praying with Anger

Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2006, 12:34:14 PM »
That's really cool you are very enthusiastic about something new from Night, even the last one is still showing in theaters around the world.

Actually i don't expect a specific "genre" of movie from Night himself, as he never did such a thing before. He is a genre-free guy, and we all like this side of him, so if he tries to fit himself into a box (a genre) i don't think it would be so good. As an example, "Signs" was kinda sci-fi, but it was not pure sci-fi. Sci-fi was a tool for him to tell a story, and come to a conclusion. He does this pretty good, he wants to give a message and forms it around the story, but in the end we see, all the story was a tool to give this special message. And you never feel betrayed about it (i don't :) ) I think this is what makes Night unique.

Hope the next one would be a killer.

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2006, 06:31:18 PM »
Quote from: "Maya"
i kinda hope johnny depp's going to be in it or even nicholas cage

Yes, that would be awesome if he picks JOHNNY DEPP. I would love to see JOhnny and night working together.

-Rohan

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2006, 06:32:19 PM »
Quote from: "turke"
That's really cool you are very enthusiastic about something new from Night, even the last one is still showing in theaters around the world.

Actually i don't expect a specific "genre" of movie from Night himself, as he never did such a thing before. He is a genre-free guy, and we all like this side of him, so if he tries to fit himself into a box (a genre) i don't think it would be so good. As an example, "Signs" was kinda sci-fi, but it was not pure sci-fi. Sci-fi was a tool for him to tell a story, and come to a conclusion. He does this pretty good, he wants to give a message and forms it around the story, but in the end we see, all the story was a tool to give this special message. And you never feel betrayed about it (i don't :) ) I think this is what makes Night unique.

Hope the next one would be a killer.

It will be a killer, each time this dude comes, he comes with an storm. I love signs I was just watching it last night, I never get bored of it. Can't wait for his next movie.

-Rohan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2006, 12:59:59 PM »
I would be really disappointed if Night puts Nicholas Cage in one of his movies...

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 07:45:45 PM »
Quote from: "Dr Malcom Crowe"
I would be really disappointed if Night puts Nicholas Cage in one of his movies...

Me too, but lets see who he will pick for his next.

-rohan

munkeeloo

• Praying with Anger

Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2006, 03:30:03 PM »
I just want him to make a movie with a star he hasnt worked with yet... He use Pheonix, Bruce Willis and Bryce Dallas Howard as well... Someone like Depp would be awesome cuz he's kinda freaky already and with Night being the director hell ya it would be awesome. But then I wouldnt be disapointed with any actor I just want to know what its gonna be about and cant wait for the trailer to come to....

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2006, 06:04:40 PM »
I'd totally freak out if he picked Johnny Depp, Denzel Washington, Ed Norton, or even Tom Hanks.  :roll:

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2006, 03:18:25 PM »
Guys,  I am counting dates to dates to reach for DVD release of LADY, I can't wait. And plus I can't wait already for M.Night's Next.  I just wish he picks this time Denzel Washington,JOhnny Depp,Tom Hanks, or even TOM CRUISE, What about Clint Eastwood...guys..

-Rohan

spikeshinizle

• The Sixth Sense

Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2006, 10:50:37 PM »
Quote from: "Rohan"
Guys,  I am counting dates to dates to reach for DVD release of LADY, I can't wait. And plus I can't wait already for M.Night's Next.  I just wish he picks this time Denzel Washington,JOhnny Depp,Tom Hanks, or even TOM CRUISE, What about Clint Eastwood...guys..

-Rohan

I think Clint is focusing more on his directing work these days, however, I would LOVE to see him in an M.Night film.

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2006, 06:15:09 PM »
Yeah, I think Clint and Night would be a good pair. He's already directed a director (Gibson)

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2006, 06:40:28 PM »
actually, I think that Mel Gibson wasn't Nights first choice for Signs, I heard it was Clint Eastwood, then Paul Newman. Anyone else remember hearing this?

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2006, 04:28:51 AM »
I think you are right, I heard that somewhere that in fact Night wanted to cast EASTWOOD for signs. Mel pulled out the role perfectly as well. I can't wait now for the next story he is working right now.

Anyone heard anything about it. And any ideas when he is starting the shooting. I think he will work the whole 2007 on his next and release the film 2008 summer that's what I think. He usually takes break for a year to gather his mind and heart on one project, as the perfectionist he is.

-Rohan

Dal

• Wide Awake

Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2006, 06:57:04 AM »
i hope and think that Jim Caviezel would be a good choice for M.Night Shyamalan's next film. If not other good choices i would like to see in the starring role include Denzel Washington, Paul Newman or Naomi Watts.

Dal

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2006, 05:25:58 PM »
Quote from: "Rohan"

Anyone heard anything about it. And any ideas when he is starting the shooting. I think he will work the whole 2007 on his next and release the film 2008 summer that's what I think. He usually takes break for a year to gather his mind and heart on one project, as the perfectionist he is.

-Rohan

whenever the next one is released, i just hope it isn't on the hottest day of the year again.  after leaving the theatre from seeing Lady (awesome movie!!!) i was struck with the immense heat.  walking from the theatre on 6th Ave (downtown seattle) to Pike Place Market I ended up with heat exhaustian and almost passed out.  ....actually, the only good thing about that day was getting to see Lady in the Water..

I wonder what this next one'll be like.  I know whoever Night chooses to be in it will be great, same goes with whatever it'll be about.  :D
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477

H.E. Pennypacker

• The Sixth Sense

Nights Next Movie!
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2006, 12:44:55 AM »
I'm guessing we'll hear some news on this project in the coming weeks.  His past films after 6th Sense were all announced around the new year time.