Why Lady In The Water Is Suffering At The Box Offi

Author Topic: Why Lady In The Water Is Suffering At The Box Offi  (Read 10997 times)

DILinator

• The Happening

Re: Why Lady In The Water Is Suffering At The Box Offi
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 12:04:28 PM »
I am looking to watch the film again sometime, and try again to see if I like it better the second time.  I started actually again last night, but only got through 45 minutes of it when I became bored and decided to wait and do it some other time (I was watching it online too, which was annoying).  Early returns though from watching again last night were not really promising as far as liking the movie better.  I really thought it had a lot of potential at the beginning, but before long it just started getting on my nerves again.  Seriously, some of those characters just need to be smacked, and are intensely unlikeable (the five idiots that are always smoking for instance.... I've created better catchphrases than "Baby's on the half tip" in my sleep!).  Given that Shyamalan usually creates such interesting and likeable characters, I think the abundance of flaky ones in LITW was part of the cause of the movie's demise.  At any rate, I still plan on watching it in it's entirety again sometime, though I remain doubtful my opinion will change much.... 
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 08:15:33 AM »
The reason they can't come up with anything better is because they are high.  You can't force yourself to like a movie, so just watch and see what happens.  Immerse yourself in the world of the film.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Ellemar

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 12:05:21 AM »
The previews made the movie look like you would have to endure 2 hours of pure terror.

That's exactly what I thought it was going to be when I first saw the ad, and it's the reason I put off seeing the movie for so long.
Why would they do that? Of course it got bad reviews from people, because the ad was attracting the wrong kinds of people to go see it.
it's just silly.