What Are Your 1 Or 2 Fave Shyamalan Films And Why?

Author Topic: What Are Your 1 Or 2 Fave Shyamalan Films And Why?  (Read 9534 times)

KL70

• Praying with Anger

« on: August 10, 2006, 05:39:25 PM »
 What are currently your one or two personal favorite films made by writer - director Manoj Shyamalan so far and please say why, for each one named.  

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
That's easy.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 12:23:39 PM »
Lady in the Water.  Originality.
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477

gonzito

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 04:33:04 PM »
Unbreakable and Lady In The Water,my signature explains why...
he scariest thing is not knowing your place in the world...

Lani

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 03:02:00 AM »
hi newbie here, first post.

Fav: SIGNS :D

The most "perfect" film I've ever seen

Reasons: the screenplay, directing, casting, music and editing are all spot on - I wouldn't change a thing. Its an  interesting concept executed with humour and suspense while being completely emotionally real. You know and like the characters and the story keeps unfolding with the most amazing resolution of all the themes and characters at the end in just a few minutes.

Second fav: UNBREAKABLE  

Almost as good as SIGNS but very satisfying also. Wonderfully acted and directed and again, great sci fi concept but believable charcaters and plot development.

Lani

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 07:32:47 PM »
1) Signs

I love the personal, touching and motivating story. Going into the film I expected a summer alien movie, but instead I was told a wonderful story about faith and believing. The dialog was funny and charming. The visuals were breath-taking, and the music was exhilarating.

2) The Village

This just beat out Lady in the Water by the hair on it's chinny-chin-chin. The Village absolutely changed the way I view movies, and on so many levels. The story is very underrated. I love underlying meaning, and the question it asks about how far should people go to protect their children? I also adore the hidden love Lucius has for Ivy and when he finally breaks out and shows his true feelings!! The music is, IMO, the best film music in the past 10 years and the cinematography is gorgeous.

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 04:20:14 PM »
Definately Unbreakable and Lady in the Water, not sure in what order though.

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 05:51:02 PM »
Well Well, its really hard to choose which of M.Night's films are good. In my opinion all of them are perfect. But since the question is which two?

I would choose :SIGNS and LADY IN THE WATER.

I love SIGNS: Its magical,scary and you know what "It Scared The Hell Out Of Me" Sixth sense is great, it shocked me more than scared me, but SIGNS is one movie that scared the hell out of me.

LADY IN THE WATER : Its SEXY oh yeah, BRYCE is hot ;-). I love the creativity of M.Night, how Scrunts wakes up from the grasses and how scary they are. I love the monkeys and oh yeah, I love the "Eagle" too. I love the part when eagle is flying and you can see the CITY through the clouds, so creative.

-Rohan

afi_village

• LITW

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 07:58:49 AM »
without a doubt the village.  

this is not just my favourite m night movie but my favourtie movie of all time.  in fact, it's not just a movie to me, it completly changed my opinions and views on the world.  after i saw it there was like this clarity in my mind.  i can't explain it but i've never felt such an amazing connection with a film and i don't think i ever will again.  

i know i just sounded like a freak but i don't care, i would be nothing without this films influence on me.
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 02:07:44 PM »
Quote from: "afi_village"
without a doubt the village.  

this is not just my favourite m night movie but my favourtie movie of all time.  in fact, it's not just a movie to me, it completly changed my opinions and views on the world.  after i saw it there was like this clarity in my mind.  i can't explain it but i've never felt such an amazing connection with a film and i don't think i ever will again.  

i know i just sounded like a freak but i don't care, i would be nothing without this films influence on me.

No Questions man, THE VILLAGE is a timeless classic.

-rohan

Mayhem

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 02:29:53 PM »
The Sixth Sense. M. Night's hand is somehow less apparent in this movie then it is in any other. Or maybe its just Haley Joel-Osment, I don't know. I really think he pays attention to the psychological dimensions of his characters, and its painted great here instead of all snugly and neat like Signs. The Village is just as great once you abhor any pretense of a twist ending, or the stuff critics hold against him.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 01:13:42 PM »
Signs:simply the best movie ever,for me :wink:
"Welcome to The Cove"

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 03:59:51 PM »
Lady in the Water and The Village.  I've seen The Village enough that when my sister was watching it last night I found myself saying everyone's lines during the scene I walked in on.   :)
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477

munkeeloo

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 03:21:54 PM »
Lady in the water is first cuz its just a crazy story and second would have to be Village cuz its just a weird out of this world idea to do somethin like that ha

MNightFan430

• The Village

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 12:05:13 AM »
It has been awhile since I last posted

1)  SIGNS

Oh my gosh!  This movie literally changed my life.  I'm not talking about a simple clearing of the mind changing, I'm talking about a full turn-around, 180 degrees life changing experience.  It's amazing to know it happened in less than 2 hours.  Anyway, I can't stop myself from quoting this movie in real life.  It is so beautiful!  The cinematography, music, direction, and acting are superb!!!  I remember after watching it in theatres I said, "I want to write stories as good as that,".  That night I started writing my first movie script and would read it to anyone who would listen.  To this day I'm still following my dream.  Thanks M. Night!  You are for sure my all-time HERO!!!

2)  THE VILLAGE

One word:  Beautiful.  Probably not the word most of you were thinking.  But to me this is how I feel about the movie.  I cry everytime I watch it, and that usually doesn't happen when I watch movies.  I love all the hidden meanings of protection, love and fear that are in the movie.  People overestimate this movie a lot and that ticks me off.

-Steven
See...tell him to see...  Tell Merrill to swing away.

Novelie

• Wide Awake

• Email
Mes songes
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 02:16:24 AM »
Well , my favorite is The Village why

Night comes here and putt what a great
love history on that beatiful village.
Maybe im a dramaqueen but I cryed in
each night movie.  He got the way of looking
I wish we all had
ww.myspace.com/naomiband