Poll

Was this topic meaningful enough?

Yes
4 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: January 05, 2007, 04:07:39 AM

Author Topic: The Village : Is Classic.  (Read 2250 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
The Village : Is Classic.
« on: September 07, 2006, 04:07:39 AM »
I would like to put an spotlight on some of the important and really hideout praise from THE VILLAGE. I have seen and heard many people saying wrong things regarding the film that I personally claim is an masterpiece. I am not saying cause I am an M.Night Shyamalan fan, yet I am saying cause that's the fact. And not too many people in this world dares to face the facts.

The fact that every M.Night Shyamalan film ends with an surprise and while other Hollywood films surprises you in the mid of script, by its special affects and many other things.

I love M.Night's all movies and will always cherish and in fact treasure them. He makes films different from everyone else, with different type of themes and he is being honest all the time with his characters and films.

The Village is a classic in my opinion, its soft, dark and really quiet movie. which is the beauty of "The Village" and a village must be quiet. I never lived in one so don't know, but I can sense and understand the life in a village.

I have no idea why critics trash films such as 'The Village' 'Lady In The Water' which somehow it makes so sense and it comes to deal with the world we are living today.

The village, portrays a tale of villagers making up stories to never let their young ones go into the cities, which means "The Villagers' can be US the world and those creatures 'can' be our MIND, that scare us sometimes and nightmares and even imaginations. And most importantly it shows that LOVE is valuable.

Same thing with LADY IN THE WATER. Humanity must live, no matter where you from. "Lady" is an narf and 'Cleveland' is an regular human like us who shows his humanity. In the very star of the film "The Narrator" speaks "Due to war among humans those narfs that wanted to visit us always never came back again, but this time they are trying to come back again" Which sort of make sense, if we sit and grab our own collars for a moment and think that "humanity' must live forever.

I personally don't go to watch a movie in a theatre for it has some nude scenes in it, or action or whatever. Yes, it's true I am picky when it come to movies, the movie must have a good plot, good reason and well directed then I go watch it. Also depends sometimes on my favorite actor and director involved.

Many people just go for fun, its movies so lets go. Some I see make out with their girl in the love seat and some eat pop corn which makes me hit them, some  talk on their cell. They don't understand what's the director/writer telling us, that might be helpful and meaningful the life i am living. It doesn't have to be all the time "movie" makes your eyes pop out, try to understand the story and its meaning for god sake.   I do that, I try to understand and many movies change lives and they are great source education.

SAW movies I hope everyone already saw them SAW1 and SAW2 are magnificent films. The JIGSAW killer has an good idea and that JIGSAW is an idea of the writer. the JIGSAW Killer tortures those who doesn't appreciate life and all his victims are "drug addicts' "Does wrong things with other people" so jigsaw make them kill themselves. Which means "life' must be appreciated" and that is an education for us.

Same thing with M.Night films. And other Hollywood and foreign films. We must understand the deep and deep feeling of the plot what it means. For Example "PRETTY WOMAN" is an ramantic comedy which has some nudity, but we can learn something from it. That Pretty Woman played "Julia Roberts" plays an prostitude and later on falls in love with an rich business man, and the plot takes us that she falls in love with that rich guy and her lifes changes, so no one should stand on the street be a hooker or a prostitude to earn money. There is always a good way of life. And loves wins, which is en lesson for us.

SIGNS : Never Forget God, And there is a possibility of ALIENs living some where in that universe, after all we are not specials who can only live in the universe, of course there are other lives up there.

There is lot to say. I don't want to give headaches here :-)

The Village is a classic for sure.

By
Rohan

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 11:39:04 AM »
aggreable :)
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 12:44:06 PM »
Quote from: "Maya"
aggreable :)

Thanks, Maya

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 12:07:28 AM »
I agree too. What is with the media, and alot of people? All they want to see is stuff get blown up :roll:   I just love Shymalan's films, and I can't wait to see more! :)

San Jose Shark

• The Sixth Sense

• SJSharks.com
Re: The Village : Is Classic.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 11:54:37 PM »
So deep i'm drowning.
GO SHARKS!

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
Re: The Village : Is Classic.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 07:51:54 PM »
Well said.

I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.
Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village