The Ending.

Author Topic: The Ending.  (Read 8828 times)

San Jose Shark

• The Sixth Sense

• SJSharks.com
Re: The Ending.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 07:20:35 PM »
Yeah I get goosebumps every time when you find out Reggie is the guardian and the music kicks in. Then they show the sign The Cove with the lightning flashing on it. That whole sequence to the very end is so damn cool!
GO SHARKS!

M. Night Girl

• Wide Awake

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 09:56:59 PM »
I was kind of shocked at first, but then when I saw it again, I realized that it was good that way...it's like a real fairy-tale. They tend to end like that. All mysterious and full of wonder. :) Good job M. Night!

joecartoon131

• Wide Awake

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 08:36:17 PM »
San Jose Shark, I completely agree with you about the effect of the ending where Cleveland realizes Reggie is the Guardian, the music swells, then the flash of lighting lights up the Cove entrance sign...

Just that sudden realization that all of the pieces have fit into the puzzle is awesome!

I say it's even better than when Merrell knocks the alien into the bookcase, the glass tips over, the water spills on the creature, and then the camera moves in on Bo and Graham - when they realize her connection to the water had meaning as well - followed by the family looking around to a living room full of half-filled glasses of water, and ending with Bo and her father looking at each other, understanding everything without a single word spoken.
Fate Won't Let You Hide Forever

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 08:51:17 AM »
I feel like all of his movies end like that, everything fits together, but nobody needs to say anything.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Reflection

• Unbreakable

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 01:26:36 AM »
The ending was in the middle not the begginning.. oops, swap that..

If the boy was so enthrawled by the work why didn't he contact the author...???

...the boy would be in the future duh!!:D The writers future, I mean pass, not the boy's past, the...

===

Wasn't there a little boy in the 13th, no, not tuesday!!

===

Hows about that topiary, in the second shining??

===

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 08:38:02 AM »
I'm sorry, reflection, your post is really confusing, what are you trying to say.

Reflection

• Unbreakable

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 11:10:45 PM »
Oh, if happens trom time to time..

===

The Ending of the movie wasn't at the end of the movie, the message of the movie was in the middle of the movie, it was when M Night was talking to "the camera" (his lil speech).

M night asked, why did the little boy not try and contact me, why didn't "it" contact me?? Because his work would have to be finished and famous for it to have an effect on a boy later in life.

There was a lost little boy in Friday the 13th, he drown in water, M Night put Tuesday outside one of the 13 rooms in the motel, the one with the cat on it, on the floor mat. This was a reference to a day of the week and 13, Friday the 13th, the story of a lost little boy who drowned in a pong/lake, like M night suggested he did in the sci-fi doc. Oh yeah, black cat, bad luck, the 13th..

==

The topiary, the Snarle or whatever it was called reminds me of the ones in The Shining, how about you??

Both play small parts to start but come on strong at the end??

Hence, the ending!!:D

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 08:29:57 AM »
Aaahh, I think I get you now. ;D

Reflection

• Unbreakable

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 08:37:02 PM »
Yeah..

I like to say things like that in little riddles, which doesn't go over so well usually, M Night does the same thing. Some are just easier to find or figure out. It's more fun if ya guess yourself, not have it explained out, that kinda defeats the purpose.

Like in Lady when the "Landlord" swam to the bottom of the pool and found Story's secret area, did you notice the glasses with the air in them?? What could they possibly be tied to, it's an easy one.

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 07:16:01 PM »
nearly all of night's films end abruptly.  i really like this about him actually.  Instead of making you wait and see that the hero is doing fine - like a 'next morning scene'....you get the point and just end it.  Nice.

Reflection

• Unbreakable

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 01:44:39 AM »
Yep..

I really like the ending of Lady, you know that the "blue" world is really the "dream" world and it's "in the water"..

So when M. Night leave the viewer looking up from under the water in Lady, he's leaving  you hanging there in the world of dreams, or "the blue world".

Koo huh?

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 08:11:57 AM »
Yes, I also like how his films end abruptly, it gives you a nice sense of closure without telling you how this character is going to live the rest of his life, word for word.

mamasan

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 08:49:09 AM »
Yep..

I really like the ending of Lady, you know that the "blue" world is really the "dream" world and it's "in the water"..

So when M. Night leave the viewer looking up from under the water in Lady, he's leaving  you hanging there in the world of dreams, or "the blue world".

Koo huh?

Yeah, to say that he's good at that would be the understatement of the century.

Reflection

• Unbreakable

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 02:39:51 AM »
You could also see the "climbing of the wall" at the end of The Village as an escape from a dream world.

A dream world gone bad, but a village based on a dream (of it's founders).

mamasan

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 08:47:41 AM »
You could also see the "climbing of the wall" at the end of The Village as an escape from a dream world.

A dream world gone bad, but a village based on a dream (of it's founders).

Good point.