The Rocking Chair

Author Topic: The Rocking Chair  (Read 24215 times)

dana

Re: The Rocking Chair
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2009, 06:51:48 PM »
yes sir.  I'll try sir.

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, 05:26:05 AM »
Thank you! :)

btw, your reaction sounds a bit sarcastic. No hard feelings?
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

dana

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2009, 11:03:26 AM »
nope.  play away.  there are no guitars here.  only frying pans. (that's me smiling)

I was just thinking if we were to talk about something other than guitars and rocking chairs, well, I guess that means that we shouldn't discuss differeing opions over the pizza in or from St. Louis.

I like to rock, but I've already been shot.

Thank you.  (that's me smiling again.)

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »
Alright, I lost you...
We can breath in space,

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2009, 12:15:48 PM »
dana, would you mind not posting in topics where no one has posted for ages?
Thank you!
psh..why do you have a problem with it? the only thing people have been posting in lately are those worthless games, which are only interesting when there's no real discussions going on. (btw, I'm listening to Gravel Road right now)
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2009, 01:11:46 PM »
It's not a big problem, I just find it quite anoying. It can happen, sometimes it someone really has something to contribute to the discussion, but if not, I just find it very anoying.

Am I the only one who thinks this way? If so, I'll shut up next time :)
We can breath in space,

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2009, 01:20:51 PM »
I hope so ;x
I think if she posts on it (even if it isnt very relevant) it's probably because she found the thread interesting. and it's good to see interesting threads again. (I've already read everything on the forums btw, except about movies i havent seen like TLAB and pre-6th sense)
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

dana

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 01:28:39 PM »
I think everything is important.  special.  I believe.  sometimes I do not have the words.  frustration is a part of learning.  contentment.  Story inside the bubble.  so safe.  Story outside the bubble.  so vulnerable.  Story young.  Story old.  His degree does not make him my doctor.  and yet, even though I cannot find the words, I believe.  trust.  this, too or also, must surely be related to a healing.  a deeper healing.  Love for others.  enough to

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2009, 12:59:11 AM »
Dana, do you see signs? lol..wrong topic i think ;x

And you're right..shyamalan takes risks withhis stories because they are truly novel...but all good stories are set in ancient truth. There is nothing new under the sun. People fear the unfamiliar and people hate what they fear.

And are you talking about faith healing? Could telling someone they will be alright actually make it so if you could only inspire them to believe you unquestioningly? more than they believe their own senses...their logic...their preconceived notions? If everything you know is that "wicked people live outside the village" will it convert you to evil for venturing into the woods?

dana

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2009, 12:38:05 PM »
I believe that when you reach a safe place.  a safe person.  I believe that you feel so safe enough that you may allow that person entrance to see your soul.  it's kind of like saying, "I'm ready if you're ready."

dana

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2009, 12:39:50 PM »
Then that person or that place says, "I love you and I am incabale of seeing you as anything other than who you really are."

dana

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2009, 12:41:56 PM »
that's what perfect is all about.

dana

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2009, 12:47:01 PM »
so you turn around and tell the rocking chair.  "thanks for holding me and making me feel so much better.  because now I feel way down deep inside that it's okay to be flawed and now I feel like I have a hope that (just brings you closer inside) and now I may begin to heal."  like be quiet.  rest.  get better soon.  and then the rocking chair says, "Wow.  I never knew how strong I was."  and then you remember to be polite and allow someone else to sit there(here).  (even though you really never want to get back up like ever ever again)  but that is a deep part of what working and coffee are all about.  just because you cannot see the hand.  it doesn't mean the hand is not there. 

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2009, 12:27:05 AM »
Then that person or that place says, "I love you and I am incabale of seeing you as anything other than who you really are."

Yeah, but who can really see anyone for who they really are? Love is about rejoicing in the fact that someone outside ourself lives and feels and experiences otherwise than we do.

dana

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2009, 01:44:59 PM »
The man bent over his guitar,
A shearsman of sorts.  The day was green.

They said "You have a blue guitar,
You do not play things as they are."

The man replied, "Things as they are
Are changed upon the blue guitar."

---Wallace Stevens
                The Man with the Blue Guitar (1937)